Phoenix Contracting

Reviews for Phoenix Contracting

Don
Don

Full home reno

Mark and his team just completed our home renovation this summer, what a tremendous crew this was working in our home; and we are over the moon excited and proud to share our home with friends and family now that everything is done.

Mark takes a lot of pride in doing things the right way and not cutting corners. Every single day, Mark was on time (actually a little early lol) and laid out his plan for the upcoming day with us, we we're never in the dark on a single thing and Mark was always available for inquiries and questions (Many whats app chats and video discussions).

The project came in on budget as quoted and even finished a few days early. The finishes on all the new floors, drywall, ceilings, bathrooms, kitchen are spot on, and the new set of stairs are even better then we had envisioned. His sub-trades (plumbers, electricians, etc...) we're always professional and keep the site very clean which is a big indicator of quality of work and something that the city inspectors like to see as well.

I would highly recommend Mark for your next project and plan on having him back myself in a few years to fully renovate the basement as well.

Mike
Mike
1 review Milton, ON

Basement Renovation

We hired Mark to do a complete basement renovation and we are very happy with the way it turned out. Mark stressed from the beginning that communication was the key to ensuring everyone is happy and that there would be no surprises and that is what we did every morning over a cup of coffee. He took an unfinished basement and in 6 weeks we had a beautiful basement, with a complete bathroom as well. Would hire Mark again in a flash, wonderful guy easy to talk to and is truly concerned about your needs.

Thank you for this great review.
I can't thank you and your family enough for your patience and input on this basement Renovation. You were involved from day 1 and your input was valued and necessary in order to create such a fantastic space.
You were a so welcoming and easy to work with.
Thank you.

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Small bathroom - total renovation

An awful bathroom totally gutted and turned into a beautiful modern room with heated floor, new insulation, fabulous walk-in glassed shower with inset shelving, custom vanity installation, new fan and pot lights, trim and paintwork update, etc. All done in a week, on schedule and on budget with little wrinkles taken in stride. The contractor's project management skills are impressive and all sub-contractors were efficient, communicative and knowledgeable. This was an excellent reno experience (as expected) and we will certainly be using Phoenix Contracting again and will recommend them to friends and colleagues.

Thank you for this great review.
It has been a pleasure completing your bathroom renovation. My job is always made simple when homeowners are prepared and involved in the process throughout.
You guys were great to work with.
Thanks

dedwards36
dedwards36

Bathroom and basement

I have used Phoenix Contracting twice now, once for a bathroom renovation and once for a basement renovation. The work was done to a high quality, on time and on budget. They tidied up every evening before leaving the job site. Communication is daily - I always knew where they were at in the job and what was planned for the next day. Any issues were discussed promptly so there were no surprises or "do overs". I will continue to use Phoenix Contracting for any future renovations.

Thank you for your great review and feedback.
It has been a pleasure completing your bathroom and basement renovations for you.
Working with prepared and knowledgeable clients makes the renovation process seamless and easy.
Thanks

Faizal M.
Faizal M.
1 review Hamilton, ON

Basement Renovation

Mark is the best contractor I have ever worked with.

Last summer, our basement needed some serious work done. We wanted it done quickly so I went on to homestars to look for someone who could take on the job right away. I spoke to a few people with great reviews but no one stood out. Eventually, I came across Mark and explained to him what I needed done. He told me he was fully booked for a few months and wouldn't be able to take on the job within the timeframe I needed. Even though he knew he wouldn't be able to take on the job, he stayed on the phone with me for 30 minutes answering all my questions and gave me extremely good advice on how I should move forward with the reno. After the phone call, I was so impressed that I decided to hold off on the reno and wait for his schedule to clear up so I could work with him.

I was not disappointed!

I gave him a timeline for when I needed everything done and once he gave me his word, he did everything necessary to meet that deadline. He came on time every day and made sure everything was clean before he left. He walked me through every decision that needed to be made and told me all the costs up front so I was never caught off guard. One thing I noticed about his work is his attention to detail and his focus on longevity. He always made decisions that would ensure I wouldn't encounter problems in the future. You can tell right away that he cares about his clients.

It was the most stress free renovation that I've experienced and I couldn't be happier with his work. We actually have a running joke now that when someone says "you know how it is... its so hard to find a good contractor these days", we say: "you guys don't know Mark!".

Most importantly, Mark is honest. He will tell you the truth throughout the entire process. He doesn't cut corners and takes pride in doing great work. He is a true professional and he is always my first recommendation for anyone looking for a contractor.

what an amazing review. It was a pleasure working with you over the summer to complete this renovation on time and ready for the new school year.
what a transformation from the previous layout. Your continued input into the reno helped move things along quickly and made my life easier every step of the way.

thanks

Nick N.
Nick N.

Bathroom Renovation

Mark and his team turned a nightmare of a bathroom into a beautiful and functional space. The original bathroom a horrible peach tub, had the pipes on the outside wall that kept freezing and a cupboard above the shower, which only allowed for someone 6 ft and under to properly shower. Mark gutted it all out and did an amazing job, moving the pipes the cupboard, adding in new shelving in the medicine cabinet and under the sink vanity. I have already contracted Mark for another job and will continue to use his services. I can't recommend him enough!

Nick. Thanks for this great review. Older homes can bring their unique challenges but this is 1 bathroom that you will not have problems with from now on. Thank you for being committed to this renovation prepared and available to discuss issues.

Bert
Bert
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Bathroom renovation

We are very satisfied with the bathroom renovation done by Phoenix Contracting. The work involved a complete renovation of a en-suite bathroom, including gutting the original bathroom, replacing a tub with a shower, installing new vanity and toilet, ceramic tiling, installing a fan and pot lights, new wallboard, etc . We found Mark to be very customer service oriented, very responsive to all of our requests, and oversaw the work of all of the sub-trades. Drop sheets were put down on the floor and steps where they walked and they cleaned up every day. The work was completed within the time frame promised at the quoted price. Mark is very trustworthy and I would not hesitate to recommend him for any contracting work.

Thank you for this fantastic review.
It was a pleasure working with you and providing you with the kind of service and end product that you deserve and expect.
I look forward to working with you again.

sonia.boudreau
sonia.boudreau

Bathroom Renovation

Let me begin by recommending Phoenix Contracting for any level of remodelling or renovation jobs. Three years ago my husband and I lived through a hellish bathroom renovation. The contractor took almost full payment, but left us with an unfinished bathroom. Knowing we had to start over was discouraging and finding someone we could trust seemed impossible. Phoenix Contracting listened to our story and our concerns, and answered every question we had. We were given a reasonable timeline and a fair quote. During the course of the project Phoenix Contracting maintained the highest standards of quality, value, professionalism, safety and cleanliness. We were consulted and listened to every step of the way. We love our bathroom and plan to use Phoenix Contracting for upcoming renovation projects.

Thank you very much for this great review. It was a pleasure to work for you on this bathroom renovation project and I am so pleased that you are happy with the final outcome especially after your previous negative experience with another contractor .
You were prepared from the start and very willing to be an integral part of the process. That makes my job easier and provides a great platform for us to work on.

2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Bathroom Renovation

Mark and his team helped us with a renovation of our en-suite bathroom this summer. It was a complete gut job but they had all the work done on schedule in 2 weeks. Mark is very helpful in laying out different options and responds quickly to questions even if he is not on site. We really liked that Mark allowed us to shop around and source our own materials, it really helped keep the cost under control.
The finished bathroom looks great and we are very happy with it. Any little finicky issues that came up after completion Mark was corrected promptly.
Reliable and friendly with good quality work. We would definitely work with Mark again.

Graham
It was truly a pleasure working on and completing this ensuite barhroom renovation for you and your wife.
It makes my/our job so much easier to work with people like yourselves that are prepared way ahead of time for the project at hand.
The ease and comfort we were welcomed with was really appreciated and we hope you enjoy your beautiful new space and we wish you all the very best for the future and the exciting time fast approaching.

mark

Satisfied c.
Satisfied c.

Bathroom

Mark’s commitment to client satisfaction is superior to what I’ve seen around. As with any reno, there’s bound to be unforeseen situations to deal with but Mark was always on top of things and making sure to discuss the available options with me; it was a real partnership. He was very proactive in planning and solving situations with suppliers and trades. He’s got an excellent relationship with them. I live the end results. I highly recommend Mark for your home reno. I would hire him again for sure.

Thank you very much for this great review. It was a pleasure to work for you on this bathroom renovation project and I am so pleased that you are happy with the final outcome.

More about Phoenix Contracting

Phoenix Contracting values that you have worked hard and want to know that their renovation is in good hands.
We have extensive experience in kitchen, bathroom and overall home renovations. We have done decks and more.
If you value a high level of communication partnered with a high standard of work then perhaps we should have a chat.
Call Mark and discover what could be possible.