The Furnace Room

Reviews for The Furnace Room

D. Cook in Toronto
D. Cook in Toronto
7 reviews North York, ON

Installation of furnace and a/c

So far so good! Mike Li was referred to me by friends and co-workers, and was wonderfully pleasant and knowledgeable. He sat down with me and discussed the various products and their functionality that would suit my home. He informed me of rebates. He listened to and discussed my concerns...and he did not try to up-sell me at anytime. The installers were kind and efficient. They installed, sealed and secured the pipes and additional features well. They explained the new system to me throughly before leaving my house. I have had the new furnace and air conditioner for about 10 months now. The hearing was fantastic in the winter; and though I'm not a big a/c user, it has come in very handy for the heat waves we have had this summer.
Like I said... So far so good!!

Winston L from Markham
Winston L from Markham

AC repair

June 14, 2015
We purchased a Carrier AC unit from the Furnace Room in June of 2011. A few days ago, we discovered that there’s a leakage and the unit wasn’t cooling properly. I left a message with Mike Li (Owner/Manger) who sold us the unit 4 years ago, but never received a call back. However, after a few phone calls, I was able to speak with Christine on the weekend and she asked me to call back on Monday. Christine was very helpful, knew exactly the problem and scheduled the repair on the same day between 6-9 pm.

Mark was the technician who arrived (with the replacement parts) at around 7 pm and inspected the unit. In his quiet demeanor, Mark was very professional and answers all my questions regarding the problem. He replaced the internal coil unit, which is under warranty and repair the leakage on the outside coil. He clean up and left after 2 ½ hours.

I always believe that the “after service” is how you determine the reputation of a good company and NOT when they sell you the product. Good job and I will not hesitate to recommend you to my friends and co-workers.

Beverly C from Mississauga
Beverly C from Mississauga

Repairs to product

After finding water coming out of the furnace, when we turned the a/c on, I called to schedule a service appointment. For the first scheduled appointment, the individual called well after the approximate appointment time to tell me he wasn't able to make it. I called him back the next morning and we again rescheduled an appointment for later that day. He told me he'd message me once he was freed up from his current errand. He never did call. This time he didn't even bother to call to reschedule the appointment again. He'd done something similar, in the winter, when I called about having a humidifier installed. He asked me to text my contact info to him, for a follow, as he was busy at the time, and even with some call backs I never heard from him. They were quick with the installation but follow up/repair services are horrible. Good customer service isn't just in sales services but repair service too. Or at least I think so.

Vince  from Oshawa
Vince from Oshawa
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

A/C intall

I was sceptical about the company because the price was so cheap. I thought that they would skimp out of materials or something. I received a 3tonne, 15seer A/C install with a programmable thermostat. Everything was installed nicely, the garbage was taken away. the pipes and electrical were tucked away nicely. When they came they rolled out carpets to protect my floors. The sealed everything with silicone, putty and tape where it was needed. I was very impressed and would recommend this company.

Frank
Frank
9 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Furnace and Water Heater Purchase

Furnace Room is the HVAC contractor for Home Depot. We loved having the Home Depot guarantee. We bought a furnace (Trane XV95) and water heater (Giant). The salesperson Mike was good, though he did not do any proper measurements of the house to determine the size of furnace needed. Perhaps he has been in the business for so long that he can ballpark it. He actually recommended to go with a smaller BTU unit than what we had, and also smaller than other companies who gave us a quote. Overall, the sales was good.
The installation was decent, though not very good. We were promised by Mike that there would be a new pipe to get fresh air into the furnace, but the installer originally refused to do that because our basement was open and not finished, thus no need for outside air (even though outside fresh air will make the furnace burn more efficiently). It required phone calls to Mike in order to get the installer to finally put in the pipes.
Then there is the checking of the ducts, which Mike said the installer will do, as well as seal up any possible leaks. Well, the installer completely refuses to do that because that is not his job. Asking Mike was no use as well. That was disappointing. But given the price we paid, it will have to suffice.
As an aside, I also recommended to my parents to use Mike and they also installed the same furnace. However, that install resulted in small natural gas leak, which they did return to fix as soon as we discovered the leak. Potentially very dangerous, but they did come to fix it within hours of contacting them.
Fast forward to 2017 (3 years later), water heater stopped working and at the time of the sale, Mike had said he will extend the water heater warranty to 5 years labour and 10 years parts. Even though our contract stated there is 5 years labour and 10 years parts (as well as the original written quote), he is now saying the contract warranty is only for the furnace and that water heater labour warranty is only 1 year! So he wants us to pay for the labour for repair! These people are all talk when it comes to sales, and there is absolutely zero service! Buyer beware! If you do want to buy from The Furnace Room (even through Home Depot), better cross your fingers there is no defects! Because if there is, you absolutely will not be getting any warranty from them. They do not honour their warranty and promises! You are on your own and left out high and dry! What a big mistake in referring them to my parents!

Review has 1 previous version
Gary Justice in Toronto
Gary Justice in Toronto

Replace furnace, air condiotiner

Phil was excellent. He responded immediately during a cold day over Christmas, entirely replaced our furnace system within a few days, at a competitive price. His company took care of rebates and all details with absolute efficiency and courtesy.

thecleanairpeople
thecleanairpeople
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

furnace and air conditioner

A relief that I found Phil. Not only was he one of the best prices, but his service was excellent. A/C was broken and it was a heat wave.
He showed up within 2 hours of my phone call and work was done the next day. No surprises and working great. I will recommend them to all. I had trouble changing thermostat setting and Phil came immediately..NO CHARGE

Michael from Toronto
Michael from Toronto

New Furnace and Air conditioning unit

Worst experience I have ever had with a contractor. Originally Quoted by Phil and the day Kevin arrived he seemed intent on getting more money. Against better Judgement I proceeded and the minute I attempted to turn my air condition. Well! lets say they it all came apart. Between trouble shooting and labour It cost me $1000 to repair a brand new unit. Thankfully Carrier paid for replacement parts. Strong Thumbs Down

Review has 1 previous version
Jenny D.
Jenny D.

New furnace and A/C installed

We had a new furnace, humidifier and A/C installed by the Furnace Room. The salesman was good and the price was good (Home Show special.) The installers who came out were below par. The installers came in a truck with a different company's name on it so I guess they were sub-contracted. They arrived at noon for what turned out to be a 12 hour job. They had a work order that did not match our contract and if we had not been on top of it, they would not have installed the humidifier or the proper size filter. They seemed rushed and stressed the whole time. When they were "finished" we had water leaking from the furnace near the electrical compartment, inferior duct work, drain hoses that were just directed towards the drain but not secured (and not draining.) The old furnace that they were supposed to dispose of was still sitting out at the front of our house. As it turned out, the furnace was defective and had to be completely replaced by a different team of installers. There was a bit of a headache dealing with the replacement and we had no heat for a few days. In the end the drain hoses were also properly secured and affixed to the floor drain. They did also come back and remove the old furnace that was out on the sidewalk after we phoned. We are considering having some of the duct work redone because while it works just fine, it does still look a bit amateur. In the end, the Furnace Room came through with a furnace and A/C that works fine but we would not use them again. Too many blunders with their installers.

laura spaldin in North york
laura spaldin in North york
12 reviews North York, ON

furnace

Kevin has a great demeanor with clients - a his approach is a very soft sell and he is well educated in areas a new furnace buyer would have concerns in.

Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Concord?