I did 2 inspections with Ron, one in December, 2013, and one in March, 2014. I can unequivocally recommend Ron of the Executive Home Inspections to anyone looking for an inspection of a house in Edmonton area (or anywhere Ron goes too). Here is the summary of my experience:
1) Ron was always coming a little early, so by the time I arrive Ron completed exterior review
2) Ron is very thorough; he checks every single detail and spots any imperfection I would personally never notice.
3) For each thing Ron checks, he can explain in plain English what he checks, what he is looking for, what he founds. Moreover, he can suggest options on what should be done.
4) I had home inspections before, but Ron is a step ahead with his infrared camera, moisture meter, and other bells and whistles
5) Ron is very accurate, and covers floor every time he puts a stepladder
6) Ron is going a step beyond what a home inspector would do. For example, he pointed out trees with fungus in the backyard.
7) Ron does not limit time, and inspects everything until finished.
8) Ron provides the report instantly; he can print it at the spot, or save it to a cute home-shaped USB key
Last but not least, Ron is a nice guy, and it is a pleasure talking to him.
Ron's reports helped me to understand better what I am buying, and served as a leverage in negotiating the final price.