Lindsay Contracting Inc.

Lindsay Contracting Inc.

Reviews for Lindsay Contracting Inc.

J&M, Aurora
J&M, Aurora

Bathroom Renovation in Downtown Condo

The original bathroom that came with my ~10 year old condo was getting a bit dated, and also the builder's picks weren't the nicest of products. I decided to replace everything: sink/vanity, toilet, and shower tub to regular bathtub.

Damian at Lindsay did a great job providing the estimate, supplier recommendation, timeline, and coordinating the entire project. He told me it'd take about 2 to 3 weeks, and it took around 2 weeks and 2 days. There was a defective cartridge that came with the bath faucet hardware, but Damian picked up the replacement part and got his plumber to fix it.

Great service pre-work, during work, and post-work.

Thanks!

Thank you James and Milee for taking the time out to write this review and choosing Lindsay Contracting Inc. It was an honor and a pleasure to be able to update and renew your bathroom for you. It is always our priority to ensure satisfaction every step of the way.

Thank you!

Denny in Ottawa
Denny in Ottawa

Home Renovation - Main Floor and Basement

My wife and I recently purchased a new home and wanted to completely renovate the first floor and basement. The home is over 60 years old and was in desperate need of an upgrade. We had a vision in mind and met with 8 different contractors (6 were referrals). This initial process was exhausting but Damien won us over. He showed great patience and attention to detail in understanding what we wanted in order to create our dream home. My wife is extremely picky about who we work with and the fine details (reminder – we met with 8 contractors). Especially after watching all the various HGTV shows about contractors doing a poor job or running off with client’s money after doing a bit of work. After we signed our contract with Lindsay Contracting we felt extremely good about our decision.

Our project included tearing down the entire first floor and basement. For our main floor, we wanted to have an open concept living space with a large kitchen, living room, pot lights throughout the ceiling and painted. In order to make this happen, Damien and his team had to take down a low bearing wall and various other walls and ceilings on both floors. It was definitely quite the challenge given the layout and structure of our home.

For our basement we wanted to better utilize the space by adding a kitchen, bedroom, washroom and staircase to the side door entrance. The condition of our previous basement was considered to be finished but it didn’t have any of the above. My wife and I wanted a separate unit available for family, friends and international students to stay with us.

On the first day of demo, we met Damien and his crew for our project (Martin and John). Both individuals were friendly and pleasant to chat with. My wife and I are full time employees and being around the home at times was very difficult. Damien and his team were extremely respectful and treated our home like it was their own home. One of Damien’s biggest strengths is communication. He kept me informed of what’s going on which helped us both stay at ease.

After demo, Damien and his crew discovered the basement walls were not insulated and heat was actually escaping. He gave us some options and worked within our budget to manage this surprise to us. We also did a couple of additional add-ons like sound proofing the basement ceiling and upgrading a couple of old pipes.

Towards the end of this project, my wife and I had to leave for a 2 weeks trip. Damien proactively offered to help us with the scheduling delivery of our cabinets to ensure our home was finished one time. During the entire trip we were never once even concerned about our home. It’s a great feeling to know someone trustworthy and reliable is taking care of everything while we are away.

When my wife and I saw our finished home it was truly incredible! We were so happy that our dream home was finally a reality! Throughout this project Damien and his team was consistently awesome. Even when my parents randomly dropped by without us to see the place, they were more than welcoming and never gave anyone any attitude. Damien, Martin and John are 100% true professionals.

If you are looking for some work to be done in your home, we highly recommend Lindsay Contacting. Damien will take care of you from start to finish while keeping you informed. The man is hardworking, honest, trustworthy and works with you to achieve your vision. I will definitely be referring him to my friends.

Damien, Martin and John, thank you for all the hard work you’ve put into our home. We truly appreciate it!

Evelyn
Evelyn

Basement Renovation

Damian and his crew were professional, knowledgable, clean and on time. All attributes of a contractor we wanted to work with to get our basement renovation started. Our basement needed a little demo and then framing and insulation. The work that was done was exceptional and when inspected passed with flying colours. We would recommend Damian and his company Lindsay Co. to anyone who wants to work with someone who is trusty worthy and stays on budget! Looking forward to continuing the renovation with you Damian, thank you!

Thank you for the great review Evelyn. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. At Lindsay Contracting Inc. we are transparent and honest with our clients especially when it comes to budgets and quality service. It was a pleasure working with you and your family and we are looking forward to completing your basement renovation.

MilaO
MilaO

Home Renovation

Being a first-time home buyer and purchasing a fixer upper is enough to stress anyone out. Not to mention having an 18-month-old, working full time and dealing with whatever else life wants to throw into the mix. I knew right off the bat that I would not settle for anything less than someone who would help alleviate my stress levels rather an add to them. My first conversation with Damian, I knew right away that I would be nothing less than satisfied. His level of professionalism, knowledge, and meticulous attention to detail assured me that my ideas would come to fruition. Every step along the way, Damian and his team continued to exceed my expectations. From keeping me informed throughout the entire reno, always assuring that the quality of the work is most important, and even going above and beyond to suggest safety features to keep my little one safe. In the end, walking into my home and seeing the finished project became very emotional for me. Damian and his team treated my home as if it was their own and did not settle for nothing less than perfection in the quality of work they produced. Their work exceeded my expectations more than words can describe, and I am forever grateful for that. I would and have recommended Lindsay Contracting Inc. to anyone who is looking to do anything in their homes.

Hi Mila,

Thank you for your kind words and taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with us.

We at Lindsay Contracting Inc. know that home renovations can be tedious especially a fixer upper. Renovating a house in need of major updating is a significant undertaking and most times come with unique surprises. We took pride in listening to your needs, keeping you informed and asking specific questions about your renovation needs to make your dream home a reality.

Collaboration and your trust in our craftsmanship made this renovation project effortless. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

BRADLEY
BRADLEY
1 review Innisfil, ON

Scrapping of Popcorn ceiling, ceiling skim coat, framing, wall building, dry wall install and repair, priming, floor prep, plumbing rough in throughout the house

Lindsay Contracting completed the construction phase of our reno project, I wish I had contacted them from the beginning to actually do the demolition too, and assist with planning. They got the home to the point where the kitchen installer and hardwood floor installer could do there job without any delay and in a totally clean environment. The floor was leveled, all drywall was repaired, patched and primed. Everything was level, clean and completed quickly and efficiently. They also did extras like install the duct work for my hood fan and rough in for the plumbing for our brand new kitchen. The price was right on the money, they finished on budget on time and were very clean and organized. The project Manager Damian kept me informed and fantastic in making suggestions on how to do things better than we originally planned, very knowledgeable crew. What impressed me the most was how clean the home was once they completed there work. The work area was completely clean and ready for the next phase of the project 100% turnkey. I would certainly use them again and will consider them for further phases of the project.

Bradley, thank you for taking the time to respond, and we are always pleased to have another lifelong customer. We always try to leave things cleaner than we started, and ensure that we exceed your expectations from start to finish. It was very easy helping you finish on budget and on time and helping you make the right decisions for your renovations are out top priority! We take pride in working with you to ensure from start to finish we have another happy and satisfied customer. We look forward to working with you in the near future.

johngillies
johngillies

Structural wall removal and reconstruction in kitchen

We were referred to Lindsay Contracting by a friend and couldn’t be more pleased with the work they did. They came through for us in a pinch. We had to have a structural wall removed and beams installed in a timely manner right before Christmas so we could get kitchen countertops installed before moving in. The team was fast and efficient, they had an engineer come in and do drawings which saved us weeks of time, also wired pot lights at the same time and were in and out before we could even notice they were there.
We are very pleased with the outcome as everything went as scheduled and are enjoying our open concept kitchen which is like a dream come true.
We highly recommend Damien and his team and I am referring them to friends as well.

John, we are always pleased to hear that we could make another customers' dreams come true! Your open concept kitchen was a great decision on your part, it gave your home a bright and cozy modern feel. We always try to go that extra mile so that you walk away feeling like a truly valued customer. You have a beautiful family, so kind and sweet! Thank you so much for your review and especially for referring us to your friends.

Houston
Houston

Basement Renovation

Damian completely renovated our basement a few years ago. Since then, we've been asking him for help on various items both related to the basement renovation, as well as other work, around the house. Damian is quick to respond, both during the actual work, as well as subsequently with various tasks. The basement work was completed very professionally, and the subsequent work related to plumbing in our kitchen (not part of the basement renovation), as well as addressing a garden faucet that suffered some winter damage. The faucet was broken 3 years after installation, arguably due to improper draining on my part, but Damian repaired it quickly and free of charge.

We will definitely be bringing Damian and his crew back for future work.

Thank you Houston for your feedback and kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and Amy on your basement renovation. We were happy to go the extra mile for you to ensure that from start to finish, everything was as you imagined..... even something as small as fixing your broken faucet. We hope that you and your family enjoy the space for many years to come, and we look forward to working with you in the future!

drb
drb

Porch awning, various repairs

Lindsay Contracting has done work for us on two houses, and we haven't hesitated to call them in when new jobs are required. The work has been very reliable, quick and fair priced - sometimes even going beyond the level of service that was expected.

Thank you so much for taking the time to add a review and for your repeat business. It was our pleasure renovating and repairing your home for you and your family.

Wendy
Wendy

Bathroom Renovation

Damian and his crew gutted our old bathroom and transformed it from the studs up. We are very happy with how it looks, especially the herringbone-tiled floor. Damian helped us stay within budget by suggesting stores we could shop at. He's very communicative and helpful. We had one small issue: our shower area's grout wasn't drying in sections. Damian and his tiler returned until the odd problem was fixed. We're very satisfied with and highly recommend Damian.

Wendy, thank you for choosing Lindsay Contracting again. As always, it was a pleasure working with you and Paul on your bathroom renovation. The herringbone-tiled floor looked great in your bathroom, bringing a look of luxury to it. Communication is one of the things that we feel is important and sets us apart from the rest, and we are happy to hear that we were helpful! Thank you for recommending us to others, and for allowing us to do your master bedroom renovation as well!

Sarah in Toronto
Sarah in Toronto
1 review Pickering, ON

Home Reno

I highly recommend Lindsay Contracting! My husband & I bought a major fixer-upper and Damian (& his crew) tackled a ton of projects for us.

Especially thankful we went with him to remove our load-bearing wall. We hired a Structural Engineer but were not happy with any of his solutions. Damian stepped in and found a mistake in his drawings, then worked with him (even though he didn’t have to) in order to make sure everything was safe and beautiful.

He really went above & beyond in everything he did! Excellent quality of work, always quick, reliable, and responsive - referred him to everyone we know.

I’ll include a picture of the Before and After here.
(Before = 1st day we viewed the house. Shows the wall & ceiling header)

Thank you Sarah for taking the time to write a review, and for recommending us, we really appreciate it! It was our pleasure working with you and André on your home renovations. It is our top priority to collaborate with everyone involved in order to make sure that everything is up to safety standards and that you are happy and feel your home is beautiful upon completion. We know that coming up with solutions to things we dream of in our home is imperative, and we loved that we were able to find solutions for you. We are pleased to be able to help make your house a home.

More about Lindsay Contracting Inc.

We are a full service renovation company working in the Greater Toronto Area, with over 10 years of experience, specializing in kitchen and bathroom renovations, living spaces, basements, and complete remodeling of houses and condos from design to finish.

We explore your needs and dreams, identifying problems and areas needing attention and suggest elegant, practical solutions that reflect those living within the home.

Our dedication, integrity, professionalism and quality are evident in all that we do. Whether your project is large or small, supply or install, Lindsay Contracting can suit your needs from concept and design to faithful completion, down to the smallest details. Our goal is to continue exceeding our client's expectations and building to the highest standards possible.

When building, renovating or getting an organized plan, Lindsay Contracting will help make your renovation dreams a reality.