Lindsay Contracting Inc.

Toronto ON
Lindsay Contracting Inc.

Reviews for Lindsay Contracting Inc.

Brian
Brian

Additional bedroom, double-door installation and two closets created for the basement.

Damian from Lindsay Contracting Inc. is a true professional and a man of his word. After first assessing my needs, he was able to provide me with a timely estimate as I needed to create a new bedroom for rental purposes. His estimate clearly laid out all of the work involved and the price was fair compared to his competitors. Once the job started, his crew managed to complete the work in a few short days. I was very happy that they left the work site clean as if no one ever worked there. Damian made sure I was pleased with the work and addressed any minor issues before requesting me to submit my final payment. I would highly recommend Lindsay Contracting and will definitely Damian close for any future construction needs.

Sandra
Sandra

Bathroom renovation

After meeting with multiple contractors we found that Damian from Lindsay Contracting gave us that "warm and fuzzy" feeling we were looking for. As well as being quite personable, the level of communication he provided was on point. He kept us informed of when to expect the various trades and when decisions from us needed to be made. As far as scheduling, Damian was able to work around the various delivery dates of our custom cabinetry and countertop with no problems and we experienced little "wait time" during the whole process.

Now on to the actual work results.....we had contracted for a complete gut job of our 8 x 8 bathroom but still retained the existing footprint. While we did not have major mold problems hiding behind the walls we did however need the walls and ceiling to be squared up and the existing plumbing needed to be adjusted to now fit with our open vanity. Living through a somewhat major renovation is not a fun experience but the folks from Lindsay Contracting made it as easy and clean as possible. The final result of our now beautiful bathroom was because of the hard work by these folks (and good design choices by us ha!ha!).

As for costing.....we had purchased all the main elements that were installed however Lindsay Contracting handled the purchase of all construction materials so the costing referenced above was primarily the labour and construction material costs only.

We would use them again.....they work hard to make you happy by doing a good job.

As a P.S....on completion of our bathroom project, we also had the tradesman from Lindsay Contracting correct some tiling issues in our other bathroom.

Tiffany
Tiffany
1 review New Tecumseth, ON

Painting, and mounting TV

Exceptionally professional, very timely, punctual, and honest. Came to the house to see the scope of work to be done and the areas to be done to be able to provide a quote. Was punctual and fast in getting work started and finished. Did due diligence by protecting areas not to get paint on or damaged. Ensured that we were updated frequently with work that has been done, work to be done as well as any areas that may need some more work than originally thought. Once work was done he made sure that the finish work was to your satisfaction and everything was ok.

Would definitely recommend him to friends and family as well as use him again for future work. Very satisfied and happy with the work that was done.

J a.
J a.

Bathroom renovation, roof replacement and hardwood flooring

Amazing work. The project became much bigger than expected but Damian and his crew stayed with us all the way through. They always advocated for us and did everything in their power to get us the best deal possible. All of the trades were great and did an excellent job. We were able to live in the house while the work was being done and they were diligent about keeping the work tidy and minimized dust. Damian was accommodating and flexible and he always made sure we were happy with how things were going. Would highly recommend!

Denny in Ottawa
Denny in Ottawa

Home Renovation - Main Floor and Basement

My wife and I recently purchased a new home and wanted to completely renovate the first floor and basement. The home is over 60 years old and was in desperate need of an upgrade. We had a vision in mind and met with 8 different contractors (6 were referrals). This initial process was exhausting but Damien won us over. He showed great patience and attention to detail in understanding what we wanted in order to create our dream home. My wife is extremely picky about who we work with and the fine details (reminder – we met with 8 contractors). Especially after watching all the various HGTV shows about contractors doing a poor job or running off with client’s money after doing a bit of work. After we signed our contract with Lindsay Contracting we felt extremely good about our decision.

Our project included tearing down the entire first floor and basement. For our main floor, we wanted to have an open concept living space with a large kitchen, living room, pot lights throughout the ceiling and painted. In order to make this happen, Damien and his team had to take down a low bearing wall and various other walls and ceilings on both floors. It was definitely quite the challenge given the layout and structure of our home.

For our basement we wanted to better utilize the space by adding a kitchen, bedroom, washroom and staircase to the side door entrance. The condition of our previous basement was considered to be finished but it didn’t have any of the above. My wife and I wanted a separate unit available for family, friends and international students to stay with us.

On the first day of demo, we met Damien and his crew for our project (Martin and John). Both individuals were friendly and pleasant to chat with. My wife and I are full time employees and being around the home at times was very difficult. Damien and his team were extremely respectful and treated our home like it was their own home. One of Damien’s biggest strengths is communication. He kept me informed of what’s going on which helped us both stay at ease.

After demo, Damien and his crew discovered the basement walls were not insulated and heat was actually escaping. He gave us some options and worked within our budget to manage this surprise to us. We also did a couple of additional add-ons like sound proofing the basement ceiling and upgrading a couple of old pipes.

Towards the end of this project, my wife and I had to leave for a 2 weeks trip. Damien proactively offered to help us with the scheduling delivery of our cabinets to ensure our home was finished one time. During the entire trip we were never once even concerned about our home. It’s a great feeling to know someone trustworthy and reliable is taking care of everything while we are away.

When my wife and I saw our finished home it was truly incredible! We were so happy that our dream home was finally a reality! Throughout this project Damien and his team was consistently awesome. Even when my parents randomly dropped by without us to see the place, they were more than welcoming and never gave anyone any attitude. Damien, Martin and John are 100% true professionals.

If you are looking for some work to be done in your home, we highly recommend Lindsay Contacting. Damien will take care of you from start to finish while keeping you informed. The man is hardworking, honest, trustworthy and works with you to achieve your vision. I will definitely be referring him to my friends.

Damien, Martin and John, thank you for all the hard work you’ve put into our home. We truly appreciate it!

Thank you Denny for taking the time to write such a great review. It is very much appreciated. Choosing a reputable general contractor can be a taxing experience as there are many companies to choose from. Finding the right contractor can make a huge difference in the quality of craftsmanship and seeing your dream home become a reality. I am honored that you were able to see that in our team. ​We pride ourselves on the amount of time we spend with our clients to ensure that they feel comfortable and trust our methods. The team here at Lindsay Contracting Inc. is thrilled to hear such great feedback and we are thankful that you gave us the opportunity to treat your home like ours.

J&M, Aurora
J&M, Aurora

Bathroom Renovation in Downtown Condo

The original bathroom that came with my ~10 year old condo was getting a bit dated, and also the builder's picks weren't the nicest of products. I decided to replace everything: sink/vanity, toilet, and shower tub to regular bathtub.

Damian at Lindsay did a great job providing the estimate, supplier recommendation, timeline, and coordinating the entire project. He told me it'd take about 2 to 3 weeks, and it took around 2 weeks and 2 days. There was a defective cartridge that came with the bath faucet hardware, but Damian picked up the replacement part and got his plumber to fix it.

Great service pre-work, during work, and post-work.

Thanks!

Thank you James and Milee for taking the time out to write this review and choosing Lindsay Contracting Inc. It was an honor and a pleasure to be able to update and renew your bathroom for you. It is always our priority to ensure satisfaction every step of the way.

Thank you!

Evelyn
Evelyn

Basement Renovation

Damian and his crew were professional, knowledgable, clean and on time. All attributes of a contractor we wanted to work with to get our basement renovation started. Our basement needed a little demo and then framing and insulation. The work that was done was exceptional and when inspected passed with flying colours. We would recommend Damian and his company Lindsay Co. to anyone who wants to work with someone who is trusty worthy and stays on budget! Looking forward to continuing the renovation with you Damian, thank you!

Thank you for the great review Evelyn. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. At Lindsay Contracting Inc. we are transparent and honest with our clients especially when it comes to budgets and quality service. It was a pleasure working with you and your family and we are looking forward to completing your basement renovation.

MilaO
MilaO

Home Renovation

Being a first-time home buyer and purchasing a fixer upper is enough to stress anyone out. Not to mention having an 18-month-old, working full time and dealing with whatever else life wants to throw into the mix. I knew right off the bat that I would not settle for anything less than someone who would help alleviate my stress levels rather an add to them. My first conversation with Damian, I knew right away that I would be nothing less than satisfied. His level of professionalism, knowledge, and meticulous attention to detail assured me that my ideas would come to fruition. Every step along the way, Damian and his team continued to exceed my expectations. From keeping me informed throughout the entire reno, always assuring that the quality of the work is most important, and even going above and beyond to suggest safety features to keep my little one safe. In the end, walking into my home and seeing the finished project became very emotional for me. Damian and his team treated my home as if it was their own and did not settle for nothing less than perfection in the quality of work they produced. Their work exceeded my expectations more than words can describe, and I am forever grateful for that. I would and have recommended Lindsay Contracting Inc. to anyone who is looking to do anything in their homes.

Hi Mila,

Thank you for your kind words and taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with us.

We at Lindsay Contracting Inc. know that home renovations can be tedious especially a fixer upper. Renovating a house in need of major updating is a significant undertaking and most times come with unique surprises. We took pride in listening to your needs, keeping you informed and asking specific questions about your renovation needs to make your dream home a reality.

Collaboration and your trust in our craftsmanship made this renovation project effortless. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

BRADLEY
BRADLEY
1 review Innisfil, ON

Scrapping of Popcorn ceiling, ceiling skim coat, framing, wall building, dry wall install and repair, priming, floor prep, plumbing rough in throughout the house

Lindsay Contracting completed the construction phase of our reno project, I wish I had contacted them from the beginning to actually do the demolition too, and assist with planning. They got the home to the point where the kitchen installer and hardwood floor installer could do there job without any delay and in a totally clean environment. The floor was leveled, all drywall was repaired, patched and primed. Everything was level, clean and completed quickly and efficiently. They also did extras like install the duct work for my hood fan and rough in for the plumbing for our brand new kitchen. The price was right on the money, they finished on budget on time and were very clean and organized. The project Manager Damian kept me informed and fantastic in making suggestions on how to do things better than we originally planned, very knowledgeable crew. What impressed me the most was how clean the home was once they completed there work. The work area was completely clean and ready for the next phase of the project 100% turnkey. I would certainly use them again and will consider them for further phases of the project.

Bradley, thank you for taking the time to respond, and we are always pleased to have another lifelong customer. We always try to leave things cleaner than we started, and ensure that we exceed your expectations from start to finish. It was very easy helping you finish on budget and on time and helping you make the right decisions for your renovations are out top priority! We take pride in working with you to ensure from start to finish we have another happy and satisfied customer. We look forward to working with you in the near future.

johngillies
johngillies

Structural wall removal and reconstruction in kitchen

We were referred to Lindsay Contracting by a friend and couldn’t be more pleased with the work they did. They came through for us in a pinch. We had to have a structural wall removed and beams installed in a timely manner right before Christmas so we could get kitchen countertops installed before moving in. The team was fast and efficient, they had an engineer come in and do drawings which saved us weeks of time, also wired pot lights at the same time and were in and out before we could even notice they were there.
We are very pleased with the outcome as everything went as scheduled and are enjoying our open concept kitchen which is like a dream come true.
We highly recommend Damien and his team and I am referring them to friends as well.

John, we are always pleased to hear that we could make another customers' dreams come true! Your open concept kitchen was a great decision on your part, it gave your home a bright and cozy modern feel. We always try to go that extra mile so that you walk away feeling like a truly valued customer. You have a beautiful family, so kind and sweet! Thank you so much for your review and especially for referring us to your friends.

More about Lindsay Contracting Inc.

We are a full service renovation company working in the Greater Toronto Area, with over 10 years of experience, specializing in kitchen and bathroom renovations, living spaces, basements, and complete remodeling of houses and condos from design to finish.

We explore your needs and dreams, identifying problems and areas needing attention and suggest elegant, practical solutions that reflect those living within the home.

Our dedication, integrity, professionalism and quality are evident in all that we do. Whether your project is large or small, supply or install, Lindsay Contracting can suit your needs from concept and design to faithful completion, down to the smallest details. Our goal is to continue exceeding our client's expectations and building to the highest standards possible.

When building, renovating or getting an organized plan, Lindsay Contracting will help make your renovation dreams a reality.