Lindsay Contracting

Toronto ON
HomeStars  >  General Contractors in Brampton  >  Lindsay Contracting

Reviews for Lindsay Contracting

Wendy

Damian is smart, knowledgeable, and both a good communicator and manager. His team replaced the plaster and lath in our master bedroom with drywall. They also hung new closet doors on an odd-sized closet opening, and managed to get rid of storage that had not been built well under our bay window. They saved the old hardwood floor, which we were very happy about. The room looks great and is much cozier. And when we had problems with the closet doors, Damian was on-top of the problem and even followed up weeks later to be sure all was well. Very happy with the quality of work that he and his team deliver. Will be hiring him for our next reno - the bathroom.

Myriam from Toronto

This is the third job that Damian Lindsay has done for us and the largest one so far. It involved a complete gut of our cold and damp basement followed by waterproofing and the installation of a sump pump and backwater valve. The basement was then finished with a new bathroom, bedroom and family room. As always, the crew was professional and cleaned up at the end of the day. Damian is very good with communication so all the unforeseen problems and expenses that come along when renovating a 100-year old house were thoroughly discussed with us. Damian always provided a number of solutions and followed our decision. The quality of the workmanship is high and there is a lot of attention paid to the small details. Even nearing the end of the job, Damian took extra time to remove part of a door frame etc. so that we could get a full-sized washer and dryer down the narrow stairs! All the appropriate papers were provided for the city of Toronto's basement flooding protection subsidy programme and we received our payment from the city very quickly. The basement was finished in August and since then, we have enjoyed a very functional, dry and warm basement.

Emily Clydesdale in Bowmanville

Your search for an honest contractor is over! We knew we were in good hands when Damian and his workers came to frame, drywall and plaster our basement. The job site was always clean from beginning to end. The workmanship was above and beyond and we couldn't be happier. It was definitely not the cheapest quote we got, but you get what you pay for...and when its your home you want the best! If you want something done right we highly recommend Lindsay Contracting.

Thanks Damian

Thomas & Emily

HC from Toronto

Our basement reno went from a small fix to a complete gut after discovering some moisture. Damian came in after we completed the waterproofing and helped us design a new basement that now serves as our family and guest room. Damian and his main crew (George and Colin) were all very professional and kept the area clean throughout the process. Damian is very accommodating, working with our needs and wants, and making valuable suggestions along the way. The small job that became big was managed very well, with consistent communication throughout. We will definitely be asking Damian for help in future renos!

Kathryn from Toronto

Damian and his team did a great job from start to finish. Damian helped me to design the new bathroom, including layout options and configurations. When unforeseen issues arose the team responded promptly in providing solutions and seeking concensus. I was provided with a selection of stores to shop for hardware and tiles where I found very helpful service . I love my new bathroom! I did have a slight issue with one of my shower doors. However I was provided with excellent service follow up and the issue was promptly fixed. I would definately use Damian's contracting company and highly recommend them.

similee .

Damian and his crew were great in completing our half finished two story semi-detached. Damian was great keeping us updated as his crew finished our kitchen, bathrooms and bedrooms. One of Damian’s crew Collin, was very pleasant to work with and completed most of the trim and wood work ensuring everything was up to our standards. I would definitely recommend Damian and his crew from Lindsay contracting for any general contracting needs.

Teresa from York

Damian is great. I was having a hard time dealing with a small electrical issue left behind by previous owners. He came out quickly to quote the job, and his team delivered as promised. It can be hard to find qualified teams willing to do the small projects. Even when they lead to trust and further jobs down the road. Thanks, Damian.

Kathryn from Toronto

Damian is everything you could want in a contractor - terrific work, impressively skilled, affordable, trustworthy, easygoing, friendly, and committed to deadlines. We felt so happy and lucky to have found him! We can't say enough about how strongly we would recommend him and his work. We needed a load-bearing interior wall removed, a support beam installed, electrical rerouted, plastering, moulding that matched the original, 100-year-old strips, and a replacement piece of flooring installed and levelled, all with very short notice and a very tight time frame. Thankfully, and rather impressively, Damian got it all done in time. Our home looks wonderful!

RAQUEL O'HALLORAN from East York
1 review East York, ON

When I made the decision to gut my kitchen and partially renovate the main floor of my inner-city Tudor style home, I had a very hard time finding a designer. I wished to update my family space, yet maintain the traditional bones of the home.Some of my ideas were unconventional; I was designing for my family, not for resale.
Damian at Lindsay Contracting was willing to work with me without drawings, and took an understanding and easy going approach to my many whims and add ons. I couldn`t commit to any particulars until the walls came down. Damian and I worked together then on a layout that would maximize the space I had, as I could not increase my footprint in the kitchen. We decided to go as vertical as possible, with a mix of traditional lines and industrial bistro. The result was a beautiful, functional urban, sophisticated space with industrial-commercial elements, fitting a traditional home. As I had no drawings, and changed my mind often, this meant Damian was delayed by me at different stages of the reno, and he took it all in stride.
The main floor came together with site-finished oak floors, new crown mouldings in the dining area, and new lighting in the living room, as well as other updates throughout the main floor.
Although I love a traditional home, I wanted a living space to showcase abstract art and mid-century modern furniture designed for living.
The end result is a fabulously updated living space, that`s airy and light, yet transitions from modern to a formal yet inviting dining space and designated home office. Each room is anchored, yet updated. Partial open concept worked best for this home, and we didn`t fall prey to be being too on-trend.
Damian was great to work with. Communication on this project was key to it`s success. I could always reach him, and was grateful for his flexibility. We lived in the home during the process, a challenge for a busy family of 4, made easier by a standard of cleaning up after after each work day and working with me to ensure we were as comfortable as possible.
We are very happy with our new old home. Aesthetic beauty and livability; I would recommend Lindsay Contracting, especially if you have an older Toronto home you have to update and need a contractor that understands that you wish maintain some of the architectural integrity of your home.

Charlie from Toronto

This company came highly recommended and they did a great job. The owner, Damian is friendly and professional and concise with project details. The workmanship was amazing, our house looks like new again! We will definitely hire this company to do more projects as they come up.

More about Lindsay Contracting

We are a full service renovation company with over 10 years of experience. Specializing in kitchen and bathroom renovations, living space, basements, complete remodeling of houses and condos from design to finish. We explore your needs and dreams, identifying problems and areas needing attention and suggest elegant, practical solutions that ...