The Home Inspectors Group

Reviews for The Home Inspectors Group

Judy in North York
Judy in North York

Bad customer service

It's been more than six months and I still hadn't received the enbridge rebate. I tried to call the inspector several times and no one responded to me. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

meghan.huang in Toronto
meghan.huang in Toronto

Terrible Service and timeliness

Had our furnace installed in Dec 2016, scheduled our first inspection with Home Energy Group immediately upon installation on the recommendation of our furnace supplier. Charles came by quickly to inspect, however was not able to give us any direct suggestions on what improvements to make to qualify for the rebate. Did not hear from him for multiple months and forgot about the whole ordeal ourselves. Finally reached out to him in October 2017 (10 months after installing our furnace) and had him come by for our 2nd audit in late October 2017. It is now the end of Feb 2018 and still have not received our rebate. What a waste of time.

Richard from North York
Richard from North York
23 reviews North York, ON

Home Energy Audit

We hired Tim from the Home Inspectors Group/ Ridge Energy Consultants to do a Home Energy Audit for us. They were recommended by our Furnace company so we decided to go with them and I managed to set up the appointment fairly quickly by calling them.
Tim showed up as scheduled, setup the fan blower and walked me through in detail what he was doing. He then told me about next steps and when he should come back post installation of the new furnace. He also gave me a detailed report on potential areas to address which would help make our home more energy efficient.

Overall, we are very pleased with our experience and he helped us get the Enbridge/IESO rebates in a timely manner so I would recommend Tim and the firm.

1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Home energy audit

A most professional company! Our Auditor / technician Tim was most helpful and informative - offering suggestions to help us save energy AND money. He was very personable and efficient. Showed up on time and completed the audit process in about an hour. A very good experience overall.

Energy Audit

We hired the Home Inspectors Group/ Ridge Energy Consultants to come in and do a Home Energy Audit for us. The Energy Auditor called ahead to inform us he might be running late, which we really appreciated; however he ended up showing up on time. Since this is the first time we ever had something like this being done on our home, he took the time to explain what he will be doing exactly which really put our minds at ease. He was very polite and made sure to wear shoe covers and treated our home with respect. After gathering the information about our house, he ran a door blower fan, while he had it running he walked us through our house and showed us so many areas in the house where there were air leaks. It was crazy how many spots he showed us and explained how to fix those areas without having to hire someone else to do it.

Since we were applying for the Enbridge rebate; He also explained to us that there was an additional rebate we could apply for from the IESO, because we were changing our furnace and ac.
So happy we went with The Home Inspectors Group/ Ridge Energy Consultants.

Home Energy Audit

Inspector was nice and completed the inspection quickly.

They took a very long time to send the report. I had to call their office a couple of times. Inspector does not respond to emails at all.

I would not recommend this company.

Review has 1 previous version
Max and Morag from Toronto
Max and Morag from Toronto

Very unprofessional

We had the Home Inspectors Group/Ridge Energy come to do a home audit. First, the auditor shows up very late saying his previous appointment ran late. Then it took forever to set up because he said it was windy. When he finally got the door blower up and running, he did a very permemptory and rushed tour through the house because he had another appointment to get to. Therefore, I never really got a sense of where our trouble spots are which was the main point of the audit. They said we would receive the audit results in two weeks but it is now well past that point and we haven't heard anything. I've left messages and emails and they are not getting back to us. Very disappointing!

Rebecca in East york
Rebecca in East york

Eco Energy Audit

We hired Steve Ramoul of The Home Inspectors Group to perform our Eco Audits for both our home and our rental property. Steve was a pleasure to work with. He made insightful suggestions and helped us with all the paperwork relating to the applicable government grant programs. I would absolutely recommend Steve and his compny to family and friends.