Grand Building And Contracting Ltd.

General Contractors
110 Festival Dr Toronto ON M2R 3V1
General Contractors
Grand Building And Contracting Ltd.

Reviews for Grand Building And Contracting Ltd.

Finished Basement

Jason and Adam at Grand Building did a wonderful job transforming my basement. They put in a bedroom, recroom, bathroom and laundry area in to a relatively small space. The job was large and complicated, as my house is over 100 years old. The foundation was in terrible shape and we needed to replace the center beam. Adam and Jason, along with the Guidance of their Father (in business for many years) were there at every step. They have an excellent team of contractors and trades, all of whom were a pleasure to work with and did a fantastic job. Grand Building ensured that the project ran without pause which is no easy task when working with all of the different trades, contractors, inspectors.....
The job was not without it's hiccups, as big jobs can be, and Adam and Jason and Alex were right there, problem solving and in the case at every turn. They were really great. The job was a little above my budget so I did need to cut some corners in the end. I think that Grand Building is used to working with less stringent budgets, but they did the best they could with that they had.
Interior design is not my strength, Adam provided a good selection of colors and product choices, and when I couldn't decided (because I'm terrible at that) made some really great choices for me. The basement looks really beautiful, bright and fresh, and my kitchen counter top (another project) is gorgeous!!

Judith from Toronto
Judith from Toronto

Basement Renovation

I recently had my basement completely renovated by Grand Building and Contracting. Adam and his team were exceptional in every way.
The job was well organized and executed to perfection.
Most importantly, any communication that I had with Adam and Jason was clear, respectful and always professional.
The job was completed on time and within budget.
I would highly recommend Adam and his company for any building or renovation project.

Tracy in Scarborough
Tracy in Scarborough

Kitchen reno

We hired Grand Building and Contracting ltd for a kitchen remodel . Adam and Jason are great salesmen but had difficulty dealing with some structure issues that arised. We had errors including removal of a load bearing wall. We ended the contract at 6 weeks, thousands lost and left seeking and engineer to fix what they had left. A very difficult journey that no family should go through. Angry and disappointed.

Dear Tracy,

We know that living through a renovation can be an uncomfortable experience. Having performed them countless times and living through the process ourselves we can certainly empathize with our clients. With that said the statements you made in your review do not accurately portray the situation and omit important details. We only wanted the best outcome for you and your family and regrettably you did not allow us to properly perform our role as your general contractor.

What was supposed to be a simple main floor and kitchen remodel transformed into a completely different project when we discovered that your home’s main floor structural beam was not properly supported. This complicated hidden major latent structural defect, which was, encased in your homes HVAC and plumbing network was caused by your own DIY (Do-it-yourself) renovation you admitted to doing years earlier. To overcome this challenge we brought in our professionals including our structural engineer, licensed plumber, and mechanical technician to solve this challenging puzzle. Throughout the process we were working through this complicated issue while under extreme pressure and scrutiny by you and your husband, Ray. You were rushing us to complete very technical work while restricting our ability to follow our structural engineer’s plan because you didn’t want us cutting out a small portion of drywall in the basement wall and ceiling, which could have easily been repaired. We were at the point where the problem was solved, and a minor component needed to be installed and welded. Your project was back on track, but you had no patience. This major latent structural defect was not our doing and we were working through the process pulling trades off other sites to correct your issue as soon as humanly possible. We always follow through on our commitments and you were asked to be patient, trust the process, and give our team some breathing room. You agreed, but continued the same pattern until you dismissed us.

From day one we were forced to contend with your husband instructing our tradespeople. Right from commencement he stepped in and instructed our team to remove items that were either out of scope or explicitly told not to touch.

We had to contend with multiple tradespeople not contracted by Grand Building And Contracting working on your home at the same time, completely out of process. These trades should have been scheduled after we completed our renovation. These tradespeople caused us problems from the get–go as you tried to rush through your renovations.

This is the first time in our company’s history that we have not completed a project and we are very angry and disappointed. We were all-in and fully committed to completing your project to our high standards. Upon termination of the relationship you still reached out to our tradespeople and suppliers to continue work as your own contractor. All money you paid to us was paid to our tradespeople for the work they had completed. We did not profit on this project, and as a matter of fact you cost us time and money in the middle of our busy season. We wish you luck.

Emmaintoronto
Emmaintoronto

Basement Reno + Home Waterproofing

After a bad flood we hired Adam and the team to completely renovate our basement and properly waterproof our home. We are so incredibly pleased with the outcome and so happy we found Grand Building. Matt and Andrew were our A-Star team and did an exceptional job. If you have the chance to work with them DO IT. Professional, talented, timely and all around awesome to work with.

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Addition Project

A friend-referred Grand Building to us as we were looking to have an addition put on our house and have the whole interior and exterior renovated. We are very happy with our decision as our home is now completely transformed and our family absolutely loves the new space. Grand Building was there from the beginning to assist with the initial planning stages, which we found very important, coordinating with the architect, engineer, and the city. We know from our past renovation experience that projects like this are never without their challenges, but Adam and his team always found a way to overcome some unique challenges. The quality of work by all of their guys is very evident and we are extremely satisfied with the job they did. Most importantly they made sure that once the project was completed they came back to service some minor issues that we wanted taken care of. I am very pleased that there are still good people out there that care. I know that if any issues come up I count on the guys to take care of me. I would definitely recommend Grand Building.

Nick in North York
Nick in North York

Garage exterior resurface

Right from the start Jason was professional and courteous in responding quickly when we asked for an estimate on the project all the way to the end when the garage was completed. Jason always informed us on the status of the project so that there was never any surprises. The area around the property was always kept clean and tidy when the trades left. Jason was always on site to make sure that everything ran smoothly and that if there was any issues they would be corrected in a timely manner.

Steve in North York
Steve in North York

Replace cement basement side entrance wall and stairs,walkway and parging foundation

My mother in-law is an elderly widower who lives along. She needed a lot of cement work replaced at her home she has lived in for over 50 years. She was a little concerned about hiring the right contractor to do the job. She had heard that a lot of seniors get taken advantage of.
I arranged to have 3 estimates done on the work needed. It was a large job in a confined space. The owner of Grand Building and Contracting and his son Jason attended the house to give the estimate. They were very thorough and walked my mother in-law and myself through the whole project giving us all the details of the work they would do. Then they put all the work on a contract that was easy to understand. They made my mother in-law feel quite at ease and she knew they were the right contractor to use. Not only that she was so impressed that she added a cement walkway and foundation parging work to the original work request. The estimate was the most reasonable and detailed of the 3 that she had been given.
The workers attended on schedule and cleaned up after. The owner and his Jason attended the job site a few times to check on the work progress. They even did some extra work for my mother in-law without charging her. The job was completed on time and they did an excellent job. My mother in-law and I would recommend this company to our family and friends. It was a good experience all around.

Monica a.
Monica a.

Kitchen Renovation

After Grand Building and Contracting Ltd. renovated 2 bathrooms for us in 2016, it was a foregone conclusion that we would hire them again for our kitchen renovation this past summer (2018). This project came in on time and budget. Deficiencies were handled in a prompt and timely manner. The trades (electrical, plumbing) that were hired were second to none. The vendors (i.e. kitchen cabinets, tiles, countertops, etc.) Adam recommended were excellent. We still have a couple of projects that are outstanding and will hire Grand Building and Contracting again to complete them. They are an excellent company.

Katie in Toronto
Katie in Toronto

front porch/step renovation

We are very happy with the finished result of our front porch/step that needed repair and all new stones. Jason was quick to respond to our call and in our first meeting we knew we were in the hands of an honest professional. The quality of work was exceptional – we would highly recommend Jason & Grand Building And Contracting Ltd. to all our friends and family. The pictures below don’t do it justice, it is absolutely beautiful in person.

Stephen in Toronto
Stephen in Toronto

Garage and Deck Reno

We hired Grand Building to completely renovate our garage. The garage had a rooftop patio on top that also needed replacing.

They did a fantastic job on both and we are thrilled with the results. The added stonework in the back was a great addition that we added at the last minute without any troubles. The lights are top quality and add great ambiance to the space.

More about Grand Building And Contracting Ltd.

Grand Building and Contacting Limited is a Toronto-based family owned and operated home renovations company which has been serving the GTA and southern Ontario for the past three decades. Motivated by customer satisfaction, Grand building’s goal is to closely work with home owners to guarantee a high level of quality ...
Looking for General Contractors pros in North York?