Student Works Painting

Paint & Wallpaper Contractors
WHITBY ON L1R2P7
HomeStars  >  Paint & Wallpaper Contractors in Whitby  >  Student Works Painting

Reviews for Student Works Painting

Whitby Homeowner in Whitby
Whitby Homeowner in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Home Renovation

We needed to do some renovations to sell our home, especially the painting. Because we had so many different renovations (flooring, painting, kitchen etc.) We were on a tight budget. Wayne Center of Student Works was courteous, friendly, and very willing to work within budget. Prices were up front and Wayne and his crew delivered a clean, careful job that looks professional. I would recommend this company to anyone on a tight budget who doesn't want to sacrifice quality.

Sam
Sam
2 reviews Ajax, ON

Professional Quality Work

Fantastic work completed by a dedicated and energetic team. Quality of the work is outstanding!! The team was very easy to work with/very professional/clear in their approach. The project was completed on time/there were no surprises! we were offered competitive prices which was key to this project. The team arrived on time everyday during the course of the entire project/completed the entire project with quality that was over our expectations/they kept our house clean after they were done each day. My wife and me are very pleased with the new/fresh look to our home. Thank you for a job well done!!!

Genise in
Genise in
1 review Peterborough, ON

Living Room and Stairway Painting

Great service! We would definitely recommend this team to anyone looking for fast and great painting service in the Peterborough area. They were helpful, patient and on-time. Ready and happy to work, and a pleasure to have in the house! Great job.

Kyle in Oshawa
Kyle in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Ruined Deck

I was hesitant about hiring the students, but the main part of the job was to clean and stain a deck. How badly could they mess that up? Well, it's badly damaged. The power washer used to clean it ripped chunks out of the wood, and damaged all surfaces. I was told the deck would be sanded, but the sanding --done with a folded piece of sandpaper in this person's hand -- was completely useless. The stain was applied unevenly. Some places were not touched at all while others had globs of stain on them. After each complaint, I was told by the manager that it was the other guy who did that part. When I pointed out that the hardware should not have stain on it, it was suggested that another coat be put on so it wouldn't look so bad. Then the person tried to remove the stain from the bolts with water. The deck will have to be done again, but this company will not be doing the work. They were also hired to paint a door. The painter had to use the laundry tubs to clean his brushes, and he left the paint can on the kitchen table. Thankfully, I noticed while the burgundy paint ring could still be scraped off the light-coloured wood table. I had to lend him a wrench so he could fix his equipment, and I just found it in my backyard. These are just some of the complaints. The list goes on and on. I called the head office, but got a call centre. I said I didn't want to talk to the area manager and was told I had to. The area manager explained that it was really more of a franchise. Beware! That means if you have a problem with the area manager, you have to take it up with the area manager.

As an update to the above review (it's about 8 months after the work was done), the stain was poorly applied and months after it was applied, bare wood is exposed. It's going to cost approximately $1500 to have the poorly applied and failed stain removed, the wood restored after being damaged by the the power washer, and to have the job Student Works Painting promised they would do redone properly.