Beaches Bath City

Bathroom & Kitchen - Fixtures & Accessories
Toronto ON M3J2P1

Reviews for Beaches Bath City

Master Bath & Kid's Bath Renovation

We recently renovated two bathrooms in our home. The staff at Beaches BathCity were great! They made the shopping process super easy. We opted to go with a custom floating walnut vanity in our Master Bathroom and we couldn't be happier with the finished product. Their custom cabinets are beautifully built and finished. All of the products we ordered came in on time and as promised. We couldn't be happier with our new bathrooms!

Simon in Toronto
Simon in Toronto

Bathroom Renovation

Very nice locally owned store with very competitive prices. We recently renovated our master bathroom and it looks fantastic. They helped us achieve the look and quality that we wanted while keeping us within our budget. I would highly recommend them.

Ed & Diana in Toronto
Ed & Diana in Toronto

Diana

I am so grateful to the helpful staff at Beaches Bathcity. They were so knowledgeable and helped me avoid some costly blunders. I highly recommend them to anyone thinking about a bathroom reno.

whole home reno - purchased various fixtures at Beaches Bath City

We had a whole home renovation managed by a general contractor. While many of the fixtures were supplied by the contractor, wherever we could, we sourced things locally. We like to shop in our neighbourhood and support local business. Sadly, this proved a mistake with Beaches Bath City.

We ordered sink grids for our two kitchen sinks. We brought in the specs and asked for the corresponding grids, which they said they could order for us. After many weeks, we were told one had come in. When I picked it up, it fit neither sink. When I returned it, the staff person looked over the order and determined that the wrong part number had been ordered - one digit was wrong (likely a typo).

Let me make it clear that THEY had to look up the part number to order the grids. I brought in the detailed specs for the two sinks. To order the correct grids, the staff person had to, once again, look up the part number. He advised that the grid we needed was smaller, and that we'd get a $20 refund.

Many weeks passed again and finally they called to say the grids had come in (it's now 3+ months since the grids were first ordered).

When I went to pick up the grids, instead of getting a $20 refund, I was told I owed a restocking fee of $78. Apparently, their mistake was MY FAULT. I had a receipt with a six-digit part number (which THEY had to look up in a trade catalogue) that somehow made ME LIABLE FOR THEIR MISTAKE. The owner told me that the sinks were not purchased from Bath City so it was not their fault THEY ordered the wrong part. THIS MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL.

This is one of the worst cases of bad customer service I've ever encountered: blame and charge the customer for a mistake over which the customer had no control.

I'd seen bad reviews for this store, but overlooked them to support local business. My experience with local business in the Beaches has been stellar over the years. This time, however, I was WRONG to shop local. I encourage you, in the case of Beaches Bath City, to SHOP ELSEWHERE.

vanity

I bought a 60 inch vanity at this store. Some water leaked and the bottom of it completely warped which I am told is because of the material. One of the doors also started coming off the hinges which had nothing to do with the leak. I went to the store and was told rudely because it was not one of their custom made vanities they take zero responsibility and I have to deal with the manufacturer directly - they were willing to do nothing. I asked about using the credit from the vanity (because my contractor was replacing it towards a custom vanity) and off the cuff he quoted me $5000. I got the sense he just wanted to make the problem go away and could care less about customer satisfaction. I would not recommend this store due to poor customer service and quality of product they sell.

Sharlanne Hind in Toronto
Sharlanne Hind in Toronto

Best place for kitchen and bathroom

The amazing staff there spent so much time answering my many many questions yesterday.
We look forward to our next items coming into the store (toilet and faucets; and also picking up our sinks). The vanity we ordered is lovely, and in great shape, and we were so happy to have ordered through them as the process was simple. They have been extremely helpful, and their prices are excellent!