United Custom Framing

jb in
jb in
1 review Hamilton, ON

Basement

This was the second flawless project Conor completed for me.
Conor and team quoted / finished the job on time , & below budget.
The are very precise and punctual. Highly recommend Conor for your Framing projects.

Katie
Katie
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Basement Framing Project

I had Conor and his crew start AND finish framing my basement today. Conor was prompt with his communication and showed up when he said he would (for both quote and project). Not only were Conor and his crew fast and clean, they did a great job (confirmed by my construction teacher mother). Conor made sure to confer with me for framing decisions as they progressed through the basement and took extra care (and time) to give us additional headroom in our roughed-in bathroom. Conor and team were a pleasure to work with and offered a fair price for excellent work. I have already - and will continue- to recommend his services.

Home Owner from Hamilton
Home Owner from Hamilton

Framing

Same experience. I spent 2 days fixing the screw ups so the building inspector would let the project continue. The site was a mess. There was also a substantial add on for work that was somehow not included in the quote. Never again.

Bronte Creek
Bronte Creek

Basement Framing

Hired Connor and his understudy to finish the framing of our basement. We are acting as our own GC's and subcontracting out the work for the other trades. Unfortunately although the original price seemed like a fair deal, almost all the other contractors we had out since commented on the deficiencies in the space. Job itself was quoted and we were asked if we would be ready to go in a very short time frame; we agreed thinking we were getting a great deal. Reality is the job itself was done in a record speed, however I would caution anyone that thinks record speed (less than a working day) means quality work. Price was high for the cost of material, compared to the time spent; ie $100/hour for framing is a bit much (to say the least). Besides from that other contractors pointed out several areas were corners were cut, from 2 x 4's which were cut in 3 to save on wood (believe they ran out, but should have informed me as the home owner), door frames that were not properly enforced, gaps in wall that were off the 16' centres (2 areas in closet were the gap was nearly 22 inches, which would cause issue with drywall). Furthermore the job site itself was left in a complete mess, had to spend nearly 1.5 hours cleaning up after. I am of the belief that a contractor should leave a job as close to the original condition as possible. FYI, I do think Connor himself is a pleasant individual, but sorry the work lacks the quality and I would not recommend, nor use again. I will be in search of another framer to come out and fix the job, an unpleasant expense indeed.

More about United Custom Framing

Most Framed Basements For $2500 that includes Material Hello I am a Framer, and have had my framing company for several years I have experience in framing basements and finishing basements. Our business philosophy has always been rather simple…be honest, be fair, deliver top quality workmanship and strive to achieve ...
Looking for Framing pros in Stoney Creek?