Canada Furnace

Reviews for Canada Furnace

sherry  in Abbotsford
sherry in Abbotsford
1 review Maple Ridge, BC

Most affordable heating company around

I called around needing a new water heater and Canada furnace was by far the best in pricing and availability to get the job done quickly. The most professional
Of
Staff. As well this company offers monthly protection plans on water heaters and boilers.

Dstock71 in Maple Ridge
Dstock71 in Maple Ridge

Best service ever

On December 23 2017 our old system was leaking carbon monoxide and Fortis had to turn off the gas supply. We called Canada Furnace after reading positive reviews, and after moving some non urgent appointments around we were back up and running on the 27th!

This year, under warranty a faulty regulator was replaced but we could still smell natural gas. Lorne, the service manager came out on a Saturday and we discovered that we had inadvertently blocked the exhaust vent, leading the exhaust to go straight into our fresh air intake. We removed the blockage and all is well. Lorne did not charge us for the call even though it was completely our fault.

You will not find a more responsive, customer oriented company than Canada Furnace. I highly recommend them.

Mart in Chilliwack
Mart in Chilliwack
1 review Chilliwack, BC

Hot water tank

Kevin came to install a new hot water tank for us . We decided to take the rental option.
He was friendly , polite and thorough.
He was quick and efficient with the install and went over everything in detail with us.
Thank you for a great job ! We highly recommend this service !

Martin Tomlinson

Cepriano  in Maple Ridge
Cepriano in Maple Ridge

Repair furnance, replaced PC board

I testify, that the service I received from this company was excellent. My PCB Board in my heating furnace system was burn out, when I contact this company thru telephone they are professional and there technicians are experts.

Dean  in Langley
Dean in Langley
1 review Langley, BC

Heat pump

I had several companies and technicians come out to fix heat pump issues and Mike was the only one that could fix the problem he was very helpful and explained the workings of the system then came up with a plan to bypass the switching box and run new thermostat wiring to thermostat and heat pump.

The Matthews Clan in Surrey
The Matthews Clan in Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

A blessing in disguise.

We were having a problem with our 30 year old furnace and needed a service repair done pronto, as it was 15*C in the house. Canadafurnace came the next day and diagnosed our problem right away. There was more problem getting the part than getting it fixed! In the end, there was more wrong with the furnace than originally planned, and we ended up leasing a new high efficiency furnace! (who knew that you could do that???)?. After a few cold nights, we now have a brand new furnace and an air conditioner to keep us comfortable all year long. It could have been much worse for us, but turned out to be a blessing in disguise.?

Jane from Burnaby
Jane from Burnaby
2 reviews Port Coquitlam, BC

Furnace at both of my places

I first hired Canada Furnace in 2013 for my recreational property in Mission when it needed a new furnace. From the first phone conversation, subsequent email quote, site visit & installation, annual checkups and even a service call just before Christmas when my water line froze- Ryan & the team (both field technicians and in-office admin staff) have been professional, responsive, friendly and reliable. I've since turned to them again for a new furnace in my primary residence in Poco, and have referred them unreservedly to my family and friends. It's so refreshing and reassuring when you don't have to worry about hard-pressure sale tactics or hidden costs with a local company like this that advises and serves your needs as if you're their family. They've talked me out of unnecessary purchases or repairs instead of talking me into them which is what one might expect from businesses. They also have great rental option if you're at a temporary place, or want to try a product, or short on big sum cash. Impeccable customer service, I won't bother looking elsewhere for my furnace, A/C, hot water tank etc needs! Thanks Ryan & Canada Furnace, I really hope you guys stay successful for many more years.

Thank you so much Jane! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and being a customer of ours! :)

Ren in Maple Ridge
Ren in Maple Ridge
1 review Maple Ridge, BC

Disappointed after reading rave reviews

Company seems to contract out the installation but fails to oversee the work. Poor communication between salesman and workers and even poorer with the customer. I was told to expect them between 8.30-9.30 and the first time they arrived at 11 and then decided that the work would take too long and the installer had to take his daughter to a football game. Re-arranged for the Friday but at 8.10 am I was told that the installers were "ill". The cynic in me tells me that it was long-weekend flu! The third time again I was told to expect them about 9.30 and then when I called at 9.30 they said that they had an <'emergency" and wouldn't be there till 11. In my opinion these "emergencies" indicate that they are either taking on too much work or they just don't care about their customers. Meanwhile I had wasted two mornings.

Finally two young installers arrived at 11 and worked through till 9.30 pm. They certainly worked hard but left a gaing hole in my front wall. No supervisor came out to review the work,and I only discovered the hole a few days later. I wrote to them, attaching photos and threatening to contact Better Business. I got an immediate response that Sunday and someone came out on Tuesday and attached a cover. I give them credit for the quick response.

All these problems could have been avoided with better and more honest communication and a supervisor to review the work done. And the salesman was sloppy in not giving me a receipt for my initial deposit.

Would I used them again? I don't know. I think I was seduced by their high rating with BBB and the positive reviews. If I had been wiser I would have checked out some local companies that install furnaces.

Hi Ren, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a detailed review. I am sorry to hear that you didn't receive our normally high level of customer service and install finishing. It was myself that reached out to you upon you bringing the venting termination to our attention (the picture you attached) and I am very glad we were able to get the installers back out with a nice looking venting kit called a bay vent kit, I apologize the installers should have had this with them during the installation so that the call back never occurred but I am glad we were able to get that rectified for you. Just so I am being open and honest to you, us and all that are reading this review I would like to add a notation that the picture you attached was before the cover plate was installed and does not look like this anymore, it now has a streamline venting kit covering the holes as per installation. Regarding the first part of your review I again apologize that there were issues with scheduling. I have reviewed all recorded calls and schedules and I can see that there was a lack of communication between us and yourself. We have very strict policies in place regarding calling customers if we are stuck in traffic on our way out to customer as yourself in Vancouver so I apologize these policies were not followed here. Regarding the re scheduling I apologize for this as the installers are provided with pictures prior to arrival. I know your installation was what is called a low boy installation and has its challenges but I apologize that you were inconvenienced by our lack of preparation. I once again apologize for the re scheduling due to sickness and not receiving that follow up call notifying you or their lateness on the day of the installation.Your review prompted me to review your customer file in detail and speak to my install manager so that we can change how we do a few things to make sure that customers are not experiencing this breakdown in communication, we pride ourselves on our high standards and 99% of the time our customers experience a streamlined service so I apologize you were part of the 1% that have not, we strive for 100% satisfaction and I am sorry that we did not meet our standards with yourself. I can promise you that we take customer service extremely seriously at Canada Furnace. I would like to offer as a way of an apology an extra years worth of free servicing to you. All our installations come with the first years service included for free but just call us after the 2nd year and we will complete this service free as well. Once again I apologize for any inconvenience caused and I really do appreciate your feedback and your business. We very much look forward to serving you in the future and don't forget to call us the next 2 years for your free servicing. Kind regards, Ryan - Operations Manager

What every contractor company should strive for

TL; DR; - Amazing quality and care from start to finish. Happy to buy them dinner and invite to my home for poker games.

We recently moved in, and needed to replace furnace, hot water tank and install either AC / heat pump. Got quotes from 2 90%+ reviewed companies, but both quotes are higher in cost, and up-sell us on a heat pump. Canada Furnace stood out right at the beginning from the rest:

* Gave me rebate on providing my own thermostat (Nest 3rd gen).
* No nags or hassles about installing Nest
* Price guarantee
* Shows realistic price difference between AC and heat pump, and offers compelling contrarian view why heat pump isn't worth it in BC today
* Agrees to my extra requests without hesitation or making me nag (had an issue with outside gas regulator not functional)

Booking process was smooth, and when the installers arrive, they recognize challenges right away, explain options, and even though holes need to be cut into drywall, they are expertly and professional covered up. Pipes and furnace room set up in a very organized manner (wires tied neatly, no loose ends). Regulator fixed and verified. Everything work smooth as silk after install. Clean up after themselves beyond my expectation.

They worked late so I was happy to buy dinner for them (a first for me). Kyle, Tyson, Brent and Manny are all A+ contractor pros. Alec is wonderful as the sales person. If any of you or anyone at Canada Furnace wants to play some poker at my home, let me know. Would love to invite you!

Thank you so much Eric for your detailed and thorough review. It was a pleasure to read and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your story. I am so glad to read that the install was a success and we met your needs and our high bar for customer service. We very much look forward to serving you in the future and to taking you up on that poker game :) Kind regards, Ryan - Operations Manager

David in Vancouver
David in Vancouver
1 review West Vancouver, BC

Commitment

Those who truly are #1 in customer service don't have to have banners, signs and brochures trying to associate their brand with customer service. They just become known for it, and it becomes built into their reputation. The companies who get customer service know it really is about commitment, treating the customer exceptionally well and building a real relationship. Canada Furnace have a team who really endorse this 100%. Thank you
Elaine Leon (94 years old)

Thank you so much Elaine for your wonderful review, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful review with us and our other customers. It is thanks to customers like you that allow us to focus so highly on customer service so we really appreciate your business and we look forward to serving you for the many years to come. Kind regards, Ryan - Operations Manager

More about Canada Furnace

Canada Furnace is one of the biggest and most well established heating and air conditioning companies in greater Vancouver and the entire lower mainland. We provide full service and installation on all of your heating, cooling, water heater and air purification systems. Established in 1981 we pride ourselves for a ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Fort Langley?