Bytown Fence & Decks

Doug in Orleans
Doug in Orleans
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Vinyl Fence

Installation of 70 feet of Vinyl Fence and gate. Excellent job done. Crew was polite and courteous. Work was done as stated in contract and cleanup was excellent. Even wiped dirt of the vinyl once the job was completed. We were fortunate on the crew provided as not all installation crews are as good.

Luc in Cumberland
Luc in Cumberland

Cedar fence installed November 2017

Although the final install looks good the final dealings with the firms owner brings to light how not to treat your clients. The fence is on a shared property line and during erection Bytown approached my neighbour about changes but did not take time to review these with me. I received the bill on a Monday in the mailbox. Reviewed it and the work on the weekend and noted the added costs. Called up the salesman and asked why these added costs. He did not know but would reach out to the owner. At that time I happened to check my online credit card statement to find that bytown had deducted the payment on my credit card 2 days after dropping off the invoice ( terms 30 days to pay) without my consent. As to the added costs although they are not much it turns out I was charged for pumping water out of the auger holes as it rained the previous night. After further back and forth I was told that it took a few hours as their equipment broke and they had to buy a new pump. Basically they were charging us for the cost to replace the pump. In the end the owner did not offer anything or provide anything positive to say. More like I got your money not really worried about my reputation. Thus if you chose to use their services do not pay with a credit card. Do it by check. Be vigilant to nickel and diving tactics to increase the overall cost.

rcschwar
rcschwar

iron fence

This was part of a larger back yard landscaping project that included the installation of a pool, shed, and patio. In addition to the installation of the iron pool enclosure fence, it included removal (and eventual reinstallation) of an existing PVC yard enclosure to allow contractors access to the yard to do the work. The iron fence includes a large, 2-panel 8' gate that maximizes access to the pool area. Posts were installed in-ground and bolted to patio capstone. The installers were friendly and knowledgeable, and offered their advice and suggestions on the details of the install, which was appreciated. The work was done on time and on budget, and the end product looks better than we hoped it would. I'll use Bytown again and would recommend them to others.

Warranty Work is Non Existant So Far

I had Bytown install a large vinyl fence in my yard in 2007. I was told it was warrantied for 20 years. During installation they cut through an underground power line disrupting power to my house. They also hand dug several post holes, (at a premium cost), to avoid hitting other utilities. They had a lot of difficulty installing one particular post due to an obstruction in the ground and shortened the post length.

For nine winters I have watched the post heave and almost spectate from the adjoining fence section. The fence section broke off the post this past winter.

I called Bytown and they confirmed the warranty was still in effect and would be in touch. They didn't return calls and I let it slide until September. With the thought of another winter coming I have called them frequently for two months now looking for resolution. After two months of promises they still haven't looked at or fixed the problem.

Needless to say, I would not recommend this company based on their poor warranty performance.

den923
den923

privacy screen

I providers 3 pictures and wé agréés to a final design. Balais was very meticulous

Always a pleasure to build something so attractive.

simon
simon

iron and chain link

Bytown set 78 posts for this project and worked very efficiently. The site disruption was minimal and everything left very tidily.

Thanks Simon, we aim to please!

Joe
Joe

double PVC gates

Workmanship and professionalism was better than expected. No shortcuts were taken - they took the time to dig the holes by hand that we're near my underground irrigation lines, and they used real concrete that was mixed on site (no quickset).Slight scheduling delay (1 week) but absolutely worth the wait.Highly recommend.

Enjoy your double gates Joe, should make access much easier!

R. S.
R. S.

red cedar fence

Very quick. Professional work. Good advice re minor changes to improve outcome. Clean up well executed. Thank you.

Glad we were able make changes on the fly that improved the outcome, enjoy your new fence.

chantale.greg
chantale.greg

pressure treated fence

One hundred and thirty five linear feet. Six feet high. Two gates with hardware. The crew removed old fence which was rotting in many places and dug new post holes removing old concrete at the same time.

Enjoy your new Pressure Treated fence, free from rot for many years to come!

More about Bytown Fence & Decks

Bytown Fences and Decks has been building a reputation of excellence in the greater Ottawa community since 1988.

Bytown offers customers premium materials, superior craftmanship and complete product satisfaction.

When choosing the right fence it is important to have all the facts to help make the most informed decision. Bytown Fence & Decks will be happy to help you decide on the type of style and fencing that best meets your needs. Browse through some of our work to help you come up with your ideal fence. Whether you want your fence for privacy, beauty or just as a property line designation, we have the right fence for you.