Tango Design Studio

Reviews for Tango Design Studio

Ben in Scarborough
Ben in Scarborough

Kitchen renovation

Tango design team were terrific person to work with. They are an expert in how to design kitchens and the end product was absolutely beautiful and well made. They made the entire process easy and helped us to think through how to best utilize our space. I would absolutely work with them again and recommend them.

Cathy and Rick in Minden
Cathy and Rick in Minden

CONDO KITCHEN RENO

Dena at Tango Kitchen was recommended to us by a friend who had her do their kitchen renovation. We had been to a few other places, but after meeting with Dena we felt very comfortable working with her and decided to go with Tango. Her design for our kitchen turned out perfect. We love it! Dena was always very patient and supportive if we called worried or concerned with anything. Her installer Mark, and team member Azar should also be mentioned as they did a great job as well. We would definitely recommend Tango Design Studio if you are considering a new kitchen

Thank your for your review and feedback Cathy. It was a pleasure working with you and Rick. Absolutely loved how everything turned out and it was great seeing you at the house the other day. :))

Dena & The Tango Design Team

Viktor L.
Viktor L.

Condo Renovation and Interior Design

I hired Tango Design Studio to remodel/design kitchen, bathroom, office, as well as provide overall interior design services throughout the 630 sq.f. condo unit, including space planning for kitchen, office and bathroom, supply kitchen/office cabinetry, material selection, sourcing furniture, colour & lighting selection, living and bedroom room planning, and condo staging throughout. My experience with Tango was pleasant with achieved results. I have received a lot of compliments regarding the design concept, especially kitchen and bathroom. The designers, Dena and Azar, were very friendly and provided great professional design services. They both were accommodating to my needs and were invested into the project. I now enjoy my renovated home!

Thank you for your review and feedback Viktor. It was a pleasure working with you.

Tango Design Team

Michelle in Etobicoke
Michelle in Etobicoke

Kitchen renovation; living room/dining room/hallway updating

Tango Design Studio was the first place - of many - that I visited, after hours of online research and friend's recommendations. Dena met with us and seemed to get exactly what we were looking for - even though i only brought with me a few photos on my phone, rough ideas of what I was looking for (Scandinavian vs. modern?!) (and a rough sketch we did with her at the meeting). After meeting with other designers and kitchen outfitters, nobody was able to match Dena's vision for our reno - which made choosing Dena and Tango Design Studio such a relief - due diligence brought us back to our first designer we met!
The ability to be able to choose and design the cabinetry on site, to choose fixtures, view different slabs and offerings of quartz and granite etc. - to be able to do all with her at Tango made the process that much more streamlined.
Working with her contractor, Mike, kept everything "under one roof" so to speak, with the three of us in contact throughout. I never felt like anybody was out of the picture during the process - and Dena, thank you again for always being there for us. We likely asked more questions than any client, being such reno-newbies!
The final work - love that you suggest we live in for 1-2 weeks to see if anything is amiss or needs adjusting etc. - is something I do not believe others offer.
The quality, timing, and design - first class!
Many thanks!

Thanks Michelle for your review and feedback! It was a pleasure to work with you and Conrad. Your positive attitude towards the whole process made it easy for me and everyone else involved as well. :)
Let me know if you have any Design/Reno needs in the future.

Dena & The Tango Design Team

Inder in Etobicoke
Inder in Etobicoke

Kitchen Reno

Late review, this should have been done last year. First off, just want to give hats off to Dena...just an amazing person to work with. Pays attention to detail and the whole process from start to finish was impeccable. Our kitchen was installed last December. We recently had 2 minor issues the last few months and Dena and her team came out and corrected the issues almost immediately. Just goes to show you they do not forget about there customers, even after almost a year !!!! Keep up the great work guys and more importantly the customer service your provide...very hard to get these days !!!!

Thank you so much for your review and feedback Inder! It was great working with you :))

Tango design team

Megan & Sean Donnelly in Mississauga
Megan & Sean Donnelly in Mississauga
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Kitchen Renovation

We hired the Tango team to help us design a functional and beautiful kitchen. Dena was thoughtful in her recommendations to ensure efficiency of the design. The end result was stunning. They exhibited quality, care and top notch service from design through installation - at a reasonable price. Thank you very much!

Thank you for your feedback Megan. It was a pleasure working with you!

John in Riverdale
John in Riverdale

Kitchen Renovation

The kitchen renovation industry is quirky. A lot of kitchen designers want significant retainers ($4000), are vague about concepts and details until you’ve retained them, and exploit asymmetrical information - they know what things cost, you don’t, they make the best profit they can. And in the end, most of their designs look remarkably similar to the next.

So after interviewing more than a dozen companies, we went with Tango. Dena’s process is very transparent and the client has room to get what he or she wants. My goal was to get very high quality cabinets at an acceptable price, installed without too much grief. I wanted quality, durability, a classic look that might not seem silly 10 years from now, and a designer who could work with a 15’ long galley kitchen. Dena understood that we wanted a kitchen that would fit in with the rest of the house (a traditional 1930s home). She didn’t insist we tear a wall down, like most other designers seemed intent on doing.

Working with Dena was productive. Her design was the best concept we saw. She worked quickly and efficiently, while not sacrificing the overall design or important finishing touches. She found a good balance between allowing our ideas in, but also provided advice and expertise when needed. The project was on time, it cost what she said it would, and we knew that cost before hiring her.

The cabinets: Tango uses Kitchen Craft, which is a smart way to do it. I know there are folks out there who prefer something radically custom, “made locally,” and I don’t quibble that such a design can be great. We had a few truly custom elements in this kitchen to make sure it maximized the space, but for the most part we all want drawers, cabinets, and boxes within a similar range of dimensions. As well, there is the issue of quality: the cabinets Dena supplied are better in construction than many more expensive, more custom, more local options we considered (we went with wood ply interiors for longevity, as an upgrade).

A good designer can make a Kitchen Craft product look very custom. That is where Dena’s strengths are. She can achieve a custom look while keeping costs low.

There is a gap in the market between Ikea (which has totally workable cabinets, of course, and excellent value), and the high-end-low-value designers. Tango fills that gap nicely; excellent quality, a high degree of customizability, and the possibility to get something way more elegant than any of the big box stores.

(The cost here includes only the cabinets, the Cambia countertop, and the installation. A lot of the cost in kitchen renovation is in the appliances and contractor. On the appliances, be vigilant (you can find value if you look). And we took on the contracting ourselves - hiring individual trades for the electrical, plumbing, tile, and gas. It was more work, but it saved us at least $5-6K. In the experience of my friends and colleagues, the contractor is often the frustrating part, so if you can control that on your own, all the better.)

Thank you for your review! It was our pleasure working with you and we're very glad that you are happy with your dream kitchen. :)

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Kitchen Renovation

After saving for a few years for our dream kitchen, my husband and I did quit the research to make sure that we are getting the best service as we had heard a lot of horror stories about other kitchen companies. We can say with confidence that Tango Design studio absolutly exceeded our expectation from start to finish. Their designer Dena was patient enough to go through all of our options to make sure that we are on budget and was able to come up with a functional and beautiful design. Their installers were very proffessional and on time so our project was done within the time frame that they had promised! We are in love with our modern/contrmporary kitchen and have been recommending Tango to all our friends!

We've already started talking to one of your friends. Thanks for the referral.

Sara in Toronto
Sara in Toronto

Amazing Modern Kitchen

I visited Tango Kitchens based on a referral – as soon as I was introduced to Dena I knew I was in good hands. Dena is a young, professional and talented designer. Her ideas and style were a perfect match for the modern look I was going for. She listened to exactly what I wanted and provided different options and her own suggestions. The entire process was simple and seamless; installation was quick and the price was on point.

I'm in love with every part of my new kitchen. Thank you to Dena and the team at Tango!

It was our pleasure Sara. Glad you are happy with your brand new kitchen. Btw, you can check out the before/after photos of your kitchen on our Instagram account (Tangodesignstudio) and soon on the website. :)

More about Tango Design Studio

Tango Design Studio
Complimentary Design Consultation in our showroom

Tango Design Studio is a boutique firm specializing in the design, supply and installation of custom kitchen and bath cabinetry as well as cabinets for other areas of your home. We also offer full interior design services for both small and large scale residential projects.

Featured regularly on the hit TV shows LOVE IT OR LIST IT, LOVE IT OR LIST IT VACATION HOMES, and recently on PROPERTY BROTHERS - BUYING & SELLING, we have developed a reputation for our unique designs and ability to solve space problems with ease and we realize how important it is to get the job done on time and on budget.

We love what we do and we bring enthusiasm and commitment to every project we work on. Our Integrity, quality and workmanship, fair costs, being on time and on budget are all the many reasons we’ve had a long term relationship with the show and continue to do so! Now, that is something to be proud of.