Good Guys Heating, Cooling & Plumbing

Fredrick Chang from Burnaby
Fredrick Chang from Burnaby
8 reviews Burnaby, BC

Heat Pump Installation

If you ever need a Mitsubishi ductless heat pump installed at your residence, I would recommend the Good Guys Heating. They installed my heat pump about 15 month ago and is still working fine with little maintenance. All the installation crew were very friendly and did my project neat and tidy. I really like my heat pump because it saves me one third of my hydro bill.

Thanks for the great review! Glad to hear you're enjoying your new ductless split AC. I'll let your installers know, I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

Peter in Surrey
Peter in Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Terrible Customer Service !!!

Furnace went off at 3pm on a Friday afternoon. Called Good Guys but they could not send anyone until 11 am the next day even though I had paid $10 per month guaranteed service for over a year.
I guess they expected my family to freeze their asses off until Good Guys got good and ready to show up.
Terrible customers service - cancelled service - looking for a reliable company to deal with.
Peter Beckett

Bobbi from Vancouver
Bobbi from Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Fireplace repair

Price Gouging. Gave the book price for some other model as my Make, Valour is not sold by them. Had to replace High Temp switch, small electronic part. Spent 10 mins finding problem, 30 mins finding the price, 45 mins driving to get it and then about 45 to replace it and another 1/2 hr to write out invoice of $731. Repair guy was helpful but firm on price. About 2&1/2 hrs total. Didn't bother to even clean glass as it wasn't included in repair call ($79) or part replacement ($618). Will not be calling them back.

Sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with our company. I would appreciate it if you would contact me to review your case: info@604goodguy.com or 604 466 3489. -Andrew

Wes MacPherson from Surrey
Wes MacPherson from Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Boiler service

Price gouging. Booked appointment for boiler inspection and was quoted $199.00 which was slightly higher than average. When serviceman from Good Guys came he stated the feed water valve and expansion tank needed to be replaced. His quoted 'Book Price' for the repairs seemed high especially for the expansion tank (made in China) at $275.00 which took less than 5 minutes to install. I had waited a week for the appointment so I had the work done. Upon checking with suppliers I received quotes of $35 to $60 for the price of the same tank. Upon checking with 2 other local heating companies I was quoted $140 and $175 for the boiler inspection and flush and both quoted $60 for the expansion tank and installation would either be included in the inspection service price or be a just a few dollars more. Thats a $200 markup by the 'Good Guys' on a $60 job!
When I addressed my price complaint to the Good Guys manager he said 'you have to pay for good service'. I had no complaints about the service just the highly over inflated prices.

Review has 1 previous version
Alex Rigsby in Surrey
Alex Rigsby in Surrey
1 review SURREY, BC

Furnace repair

Fixed a noise im my old furnace. Nobody else could identify where it was coming from. Service was prompt and professional. Recommended replacement of my old furnace but didn;t recommend unneccessary repairs.

Bryan Wang in Surrey
Bryan Wang in Surrey
2 reviews Surrey, BC

Furnace repair

This is a revised review from my previous review of Goods Guys regarding the service call. The company contacted me after they saw the review and offered explanation and apologized for the experience I had and offered me refund. I appreciate their gesture and I believe in the future they will be able to provide great services for their customers. Lesson learned for myself, always compare prices for major repairs, it's our hard earned money at stake here.... :)

Mik Darby in Delta
Mik Darby in Delta
1 review LANGLEY, BC

Heat Pump Installation

I had a heat pump installed back in 09. Apparently their was an issue where the government got more strict in giving out grants> So I was informed that I would have to modify the system for it to qualify. Good Guys came out and replaced the indoor coil for free.

Since then I have heard other people who bought heat pumps have the same issue, but they had to pay for the modifications themselves or did not qualify.

My heat pump installation also looked very well done and their follow up was excellent.

More about Good Guys Heating, Cooling & Plumbing

Service, repair, and installation of furnaces, boilers, air conditioners, heat pumps, hot water tanks, tankless water heaters, air conditioners, and plumbing systems. A division of Allin Plumbing & Heating.

Furnaces, heat pumps, boilers, hot water tanks, tankless water heaters, plumbing, air conditioners, indoor air quality, air filtration.