Magiseal

Reviews for Magiseal

Nancy
Nancy

Zucora leather protection

I purchased an expensive sofa and loveseat from Lazyboy- extended warranty was bought via Zucora
Horrible service and company denied my claim at first then said not covered - then they came out and ruined my sofa with their repair and it started to crack and peel it is so bad that the entire cushion has changed do not deal with Lazyboy or Zucora

MicEffect
MicEffect

EXCUSES EXCUSES

I puchased Platinum protection. I was insured that all damage. Accidental or intentional was covered for my sofa. Excluding pet damage and fluids. Understandable. My sofa got scuffed on the corner. I called. They assured me they would help. Then asked me to send photos. I now know why. They said scuffs aren't covered. Only accidental rips, tears or burns. The reason for my photo is so they know not to send out a service request to repair further damage to the same area. I immediately asked for a Resolution Specialist. They got me to Jeff. Who was not only rude and but listen to a word I said. He just kept making excuses. I am not done escalating this matter, which is very bad for Zucora. This is my 1st step advising consumers. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Private User reviews Joliette Regional County Municipality, QC

Couch protection treatment

Crapy crapy company!!!! Do not waist any money on their products... We paid for a couch protection quarentee for 10years and when i call to have a stain remouved from my couch they say sorry maam this isnt covered ... If i dont know what stained the couche i would have to pay another 150$ to have it cleaned if i want the guarentee to still be effective!!!

Tasha from Milton
Tasha from Milton
2 reviews Windsor, ON

Couch set and dining chairs

Does not do what it states it does. Water and spills do not bead off like they claim. Just absorbs into fabric. Purchased it through leons for my new furniture.

ACW from Yonge & Eg
ACW from Yonge & Eg

Upholstery Protection & Cleaning - DONT DO IT!

3yrs ago I purchased "Cleaning Protection" services from MAGI-SEAL and IN-HOME SERVICES. I strongly discourage anyone else from doing the same! They cancel apopointments with <2hrs notice and they don't finish the job! I felt like I was dealing with a sleazy insurance company that was trying to minimize a claim!

Here is the quick story -

1. About a month ago I called to book a cleaning of my sofa and ottoman. I gave the service person a detailed description of the grease and food stains on the furniture on the frames and many (but not all) of the cushions on the sofa and ottoman. I booked an appointment for about 2wks later.
2. I rearranged my schedule to be home when the service person was to arrive. TWO HOURS before the cleaning appointment, I received a phone call that the appointment needed to be cancelled. CANCELLED ??? TWO HOURS NOTICE? I called immediately to book a new appointment for ASAP, but the soonest they could come would be over a week and a half later.
3. Last night my son and I took the time to put stickers next to the stains (see photos). My housekeeper let in the technician this morning. He spent less than half an hour here, and very clearly did not finish the job. My housekeeper told him so, but he said something about his boss not letting him do the job and he left. I guess he thought the shy housekeeper wouldn’t follow up?
4. I came home, took these photos and called them immediately. The response was that I received was that I need to file a formal complaint with a different department. (The number that I called was the number on the bottom of the receipt.)

I understand their business model is to minimize cleaning jobs (i.e. expenses) - but I paid for service that was not completed.

hdebora from Old Toronto
hdebora from Old Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

upholstery protection

When I bought my expensive living room set 2 years ago I bought the upholstery protection program. I have had two occasions to have stains removed and I am very impressed with this company. I will not buy a piece of upholstered furniture in the future without having Magiseal protect it. They are efficient, courteous and do what they promised to do- your furniture looks brand new for years if you take reasonable care.

Scotchguarding and spot cleaning

When I invested $3500 in my new sectional sofa, I purchased the scotchguarding service from magiseal for only $150. When they came to my house to do the scotchguarding, I ended up doing my dining room chairs and another couch too. It came with a 5-year warranty which including spot-cleaning if we had any spills or stains. Then, a baby happened! So far they've been back twice to spot clean my couch where my baby spat up, and I didn't have to pay a cent! Totally worth it and I still have 3 more years left. I plan to renew once it expires, especially if I have more kids!

Molly James
Molly James
5 reviews TORONTO, ON

Upholstery cleaning service

I bought an extended warranty package and this company was the company that is associated with the warranty claims.
They have been to my condo a few times to clean the fabric on my sectional. The company is clean, professional and very helpful. I would recommend this company and will continue to use them as an independent contractor for cleaning once I move on to a new couch.

More about Magiseal

We can help keep all your home furnishings looking showroom new for as long as you own them with our guaranteed MagiSeal protection products and professional cleaning services.
Looking for Drapery & Upholstery Cleaning pros in East York?