Paint It Like New

Furniture Refinish & Repair
HomeStars  >  Furniture Refinish & Repair in Milton  >  Paint It Like New

Reviews for Paint It Like New

Small dresser and nightstand to be painted

When I saw the advertisement in ‘Style at Home’ and saw that they had been featured on ‘Cityline’ (two of my trusted favourites) I had great hopes for my furniture. I am very disappointed with the results. They do not look one bit better than furniture we have painted ourselves with Melamine paint. These pieces are not good enough for my new condo. Now I am out almost a thousand dollars ($200 for pick-up and delivery) for worthless furniture and they have a disgruntled customer. I was offered help in picking out new handles. No thanks.

teimempowered
teimempowered

Kitchen renovation

PILN sanded and sprayed my kitchen AND bathroom doors with a beautiful (pepper wood?) grey from Sherwin Williams! They helped me pick the colour and it was a perfect finish for selling my condo! Looks like a different place. I paid extra to have the PILN team come in to sand and paint the cabinet boxes as well!

It was a pleasure to work with you!! I know you will sell your condo quickly, it looks amazing!!

JAS
JAS
1 review Hamilton, ON

Kitchen cupboard doors painted

The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable.
The workmanship was very good with regards to the sanding and painting the oak cupboard doors.

Hi Jas, we are thrilled your kitchen cabinets look great! we would love to see what they look like in your home!

mcarriere71 in Burlington
mcarriere71 in Burlington

Refinish office furniture

Had a great experience. Furniture looked great , quality great as well. Staff were very helpful in helping me select color and finish. Overall very pleased with end results. Would recommend them to friends and family.

Hi There, We are very happy you had a good experience! look forward to working with you in the future!

bedroom sideboards

had great service from start to finish, i would recommend them to anyone staff were there to help me pick out my ideal colour, polite and friendly, job was done very professionally and on time excellant.

Hi there, we are very pleased you are happy with the outcome of your pieces! It was great working with you!

lynnjackson123
lynnjackson123
1 review Dunnville, ON

Painted a TV stand

The quality of the paint was excellent. They also made an adjustment to one of the doors for me. Completed in a very reasonable amount of time.

Hi Lynn, we are just thrilled you are happy with the outcome of your project! Look forward to working with you in the future.

Annie
Annie
1 review Burlington, ON

Oak Coffee tables, couch table and end tables

Professional knowledge about product and process. Exceptional customer service. Fair pricing and reasonable start to finish timeframe. Will be a repeat customer.

Hi Annie, Very glad you are happy with the outcome of your tables, Thank you for the great review, we are excited to work with you on your next project!

Juliette
Juliette
1 review Burlington, ON

Painted kitchen cupboard doors and drawers

From the first colour consultation to the final delivery the lovely staff at Paint It Like New were friendly and professional. Janet gave me some great advice on colour choice so my kitchen has a lasting look! We matched the colour with a new island and pantry that we had installed to match the old kitchen cupboards. It definitely looks like it's all brand new. You would never guess it was a 25yr old kitchen that has been painted. We were happy to have saved so much money in not buying a whole new kitchen.

Hi Juliette, We are thrilled you are pleased with the outcome of your kitchen cabinets, it really is a great way to save money and get your kitchen to come together as wished. We were very happy to work with you and hope to see you again in the future.

Expensive, non professional paint job

Had an expensive dresser painted. Lady was pleasant, project was finished in time but dresser remained tacky for months after the job. The paint finish is not professional. There is no longer a finished sheen to the piece. I guess I expected too much but the high price made me expect professional results. Disappointed !!!!

We would most definitely encourage you to contact us directly. With furniture there can sometimes be oils deep in the wood. Once we have sanded and primed and painted we have sealed the oils in and they are trying to lift out. This can result in the paint not curing. It doesn't happen too often, however it means we have to sand, use a special blocker and respray. We are happy to take care of this for you. You can email us at [email protected] or phone us at 905-631-7336 and speak to me directly.

Thanks, we look forward to rectifying this matter. Janet

Item painted

I too found the quality of work overpriced for end result.
The wood shows through the paint colour. It was like the piece was lightly dusted with minimal paint required. When this was communicated to the the owner she became very defensive and customer service fell off the radar immediately.
Avoid disappointment and confrontation.
Paint it like somewhere else.

We wish you had been pleased with the results of your project. The wood showing through is actually the graining. In all of our correspondence and conversations we stress the importance of understanding the graining in oak. We strive for consistent coverage in the graining but it is still going to be visible. I would encourage you to bring the piece back as I suggested for a third coat. We strive to do our best on all projects. Communication is key. I would be pleased to see you in 2017!! Janet

More about Paint It Like New

Janet Hamilton is the owner and president of Paint It Like New! Inc . Janet has been a long time fan of home decor both inside and out, watching every type of decor show available. “Repurposing and recycling furniture has been a passion of mine from a young age. Learning ...