A. D. Holmes Fence & Deck Ltd

Reviews for A. D. Holmes Fence & Deck Ltd

juliet
juliet
3 reviews Whitby, ON

Removed and old fence and installed new with gates

Andrew was very easy to deal with and always made himself available. Andrew and crew did a great job removing an old fence and replacing it including 2 new gates. My neighbour who shared the fence was equally happy with the project.

His price was competitive with no compromise on the quality of material/labour. All in all it was a pleasure dealing with Andrew and would be happy to recommend him for your project. Definitely 10 out of 10!

Thanks Juliet for the amazing review!

loretta5
loretta5
0 reviews Mount Albert, ON

Backyard fence and gate

From start to finish Andrew and the team were very professional, met their commitments and delivered supreme quality of product and installation. It was a fence on one side of the house that was left to be done which also included a gate. Also closed off the entry to the other side of the house that was still exposed.
I highly recommend A.D. Holmes Fence & Deck Ltd. to anyone. I'm very fussy, particular and a perfectionist. Often not easy to please a "fuss bucket" like me but truly Andrew and the team were top notch, exceeded expectations. They made me feel at ease and reassured by their style of work and efficiency. No question it was going to get done in the timeframe noted and with great pride. I had not one issue through the whole process and so very happy. Well done Holmes TEAM.
A happy homeowner indeed.

I appreciate the great review

Dan
Dan
1 review Mount Albert, ON

Deck & Fence

We had our fence & deck completed by AD Holmes. They were quick, did a quality job & the customer service was great. I had a couple of small concerns that they came back to fix quickly.

Andrew was easy to work with. Brandon did a great job building the deck & you could tell that he cared about quality of craftmanship.

I would trust them again for future projects without question.

Hey Dan
Thanks for the great review
It was a pleasure working for you
Thanks

Fence Installation

Very good response time from quote to installation. They’re very knowledgeable and professional. Minor issues with the gate not hanging properly were taken care of immediately. They were timely and very professional to work with and because of their work on my property last fall, my neighbours had their fences just done by AD Holmes.

We appreciate the great feedback
Thanks

michael.crowley
michael.crowley
1 review Mount Albert, ON

Backyard Fence

Andrew's team did a great job with my backyard fence. Professional and easy to deal with

Thank you for the positive review!!

Andrew

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Deck renovation

I couldn't be happier with the work done by A.D. Holmes Fence and Deck LTD. Turned my old deck into my new backyard paradise the workmanship is fantastic and reasonably priced.

We appreciate your positive feedback

Melissa
Melissa
2 reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

fencing Job

I received quotes from many different fence companies and went with A.D. Holmes Fence and deck because the contractor was very helpful and patient with us and because when I posted on facebook in many different Facebook groups stating that I was looking for a fence contractor, A.D. Holmes was recommended many times and were given amazing reviews. I am so happy we went ahead with this company and have been recommending them to all of my Co-workers, friends and family.

We hope you enjoy your new fence

melta in Vaughan
melta in Vaughan

Very bad job from the beginning

We had a fence installed last November. The wood was wet and the poles are already severely cracked. There were very big gaps between the boards. After getting in touch with the owner, a supervisor came and he immediately recognized that many things needed to be fixed. He came in person two weeks later and added some pieces of wood to the existing boards. It looks terrible. I left several messages with the owner, Anderw, with the supervisor, Al. I also sent an email and a text but I DID not receive a call. Noone is taking responsibility for this poorly done job.
If the technicians knew what to do right form the beginning, the problem would NOT exist. The supervisor said the wood cracked because it was too fresh. Should the technicians not know what to do?
After paying so much money, would you like to look at tis job? It is up to the owner to take responsibility and he is NOT calling us back.
I do not need to say that I DO NOT recommend this company.

Hi Melba
We are sorry you have not had a wonderful experience and we do appreciate the feedback.
When the wood is purchased it is wet, this is normal. When the wood dries you will have some warping and cracking, this is also normal.
We have sent our technicians 3 times to try and make you happy each time with no success. Warping and cracking are a part of the drying process and is to be expected.
Wood is a natural product and will have flaws. We only added the strips to close the small gap that was created when the board shrunk away and left a 1/4" gap between the post in some places. You and your husband were present during this. You did not say you did not like the looks of strips while you were watching it being done. We could have stopped at anytime. You then called 2 days later and were upset that we did not put the cut pieces on your neighbours side instead of yours and felt that she should see the strips instead of you because you called us in but her garden made it to difficult to access. You were unhappy with your gate so we replaced it with a new one free of charge.
There is nothing else we can do for you and I am sorry you did not have pleasant experience.
We will continue to do our best to make sure all our customers are satisfied and hope to continue to improve our customer service

aallossery in Toronto
aallossery in Toronto

Deck and Fence in backyard with room for hot tub

It was really easy to work with Andrew and his team. He helped us to design a plan for our deck and fencing, and then executed what we were looking for perfectly. Everyone was very professional and non-intrusive. I also really appreciated them taking the time to make sure the job site was cleaned up afterwards.

I should also add that we weren't always the easiest clients - we were a bit disorganized with our demands for the hot tub space, and Andrew always had suggestions to help accommodate our needs.

Thank you so much for your positive feedback

PW
PW
9 reviews Ajax, ON

Good fast work

A.D. Holmes fence and deck does good fast work. The built 120 feet of fence and a pergola for us in 3 days.

While there has been some issues with cracking and warping fence boards, all issues were resolved after a quick call to Andrew.

We had an old chain-link fence removed and there were some links left laying in the yard after they left but I would not describe it as a mess.

We appreciate the review and will continue to try to improve on or walk throughs

More about A. D. Holmes Fence & Deck Ltd

WHAT WE DO
We at A. D. Holmes Fence & Deck Ltd. provide home owners and business owners with an affordable, quality deck and fence service within the Regional Municipalities or York and Durham.

Decks, from practical to spectacular
Wood Fences both functional and appealing
Chain LInk Fences for security

WHAT WE OFFER
Years of Experience
$2,000,000 Liability Insurance
Free Quotations
The job done right the first time and on time
Quality Assurance