CITY APPLIANCE REPAIR

Appliance Repair
EAST YORK ON M4B2H4
HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in East York  >  CITY APPLIANCE REPAIR

Reviews for CITY APPLIANCE REPAIR

Warranty service on GE washing machine

Opened a service call with the manufacturer for warranty repair on a brand new washing machine and they assigned the call to this company. City Appliance Repair did not contact me within the designated 1-2 days and I had to escalate with the manufacturer, finally it took over a week to get a replacement agitator installed, but it was not the same as the original agitator (photos attached), likely an agitator for a different model. The first time I used the washer after the repair a rubber gasket fell off the inside of the washer and into the tub. I called the manufacturer again for warranty service and they assign it to City Appliance Repair again, this time I waited a week and still no call from City Appliance Repair and once again I had to escalate with the manufacturer. City Appliance Repair doesn't give a dam about providing acceptable warranty service and I as a result of this experience I will never buy another GE appliance because you're stuck getting warranty service from this company!

This company also only provides service Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, so you're expected to take a day off work to get your appliance fixed!

Lynn in Leaside
Lynn in Leaside

stove servicing

Services were provided promptly and as scheduled for the repair of a non-functioning hot plate on our stove. Staff went out of their way to try to get this repair covered by the manufacturer. Nick, the technician, was polite and helpful.

Patricia T in Toronto
Patricia T in Toronto

Fridge - wasn't cooling. Replaced fan then the main board .. twice.

FIRSTLY - stay away
SECONDLY - stay away

I have a GE profile fridge and I called these him based on the area search from Mabe's web site. Mistake #1 - don't think they have people on their site because they are somehow knowledgeable and/or receive good reviews. He came quickly (on a Sunday evening) and replaced the fan but said the control board might need to be replaced too. When he came back after the long week-end to replace it, the whole fridge and freezer stopped working completely as soon as he changed the control board (at least before it was staying cool enough in the freezer to use it as a fridge) - I lost hundreds of dollars of food for something that should have 'fixed' my fridge completely. He said the control board must have been faulty, but then when he replaced it a second time he spent 3 times as long doing it. Curious. Faulty or he just didn't install it properly?! He also pulled out my fridge directly, then on an angle damaging my hardwood floor. He denies doing it and argued with me telling me to 'take him to court' and that he had pictures. Well since we moved into the house 7 months earlier and re-finished the hardwood floors I do in fact have pictures.

This is his company and he has no clue about customer service. Very rude and not at all knowledgeable. I've since had the fridge looked at by another repair person who's determined Nick has installed the WRONG control board because to this day the freezer has still not worked properly (as soon as he 'fixed' it, it started to over freeze and did for months ... never having done it before).

I should have known not to trust him when he walked in my house with an iPad. He was probably blogging how to fix my fridge while he was in frond of my fridge! Maybe he should have looked up how to spell 'repair' on his web site (as you can see from the business name above - I didn't set that up!)