Ottawa Building & Foundation Repair

Reviews for Ottawa Building & Foundation Repair

Alain M. in Ottawa
Alain M. in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Basement excavation and foundation underpinning

This company undertook the difficult task of excavating an extra metre of depth in our basement and underpinning a 19th century stone foundation to allow us to create a basement apartment. We are very happy with the workmanship, professionalism, knowledge and helpfulness of the company president Nathan Sally and his entire crew who were on site for about 10 weeks and carried out the work on time and on budget. Their after-work customer service was also of high standard. I have no hesitation in recommending this company.

You were a pleasure to work for as well. The guys were all proud of the project when it was done.

Gib in Ottawa
Gib in Ottawa
5 reviews Ottawa, ON

Leaky basement

Having water leaking into your basement is a pain (and a few other adjectives) so i wanted it fixed right. I had a number of companies provide estimates and went with Ottawa Building & Foundation for a few reasons. They all had good reviews and i am sure would be fine, however, during the inspection, Nathan noticed several things that i hadn't seen nor any of the other estimators did as well, so it was with this initial review gave me confidence. Partnered with the great warranty, i knew it would be fixed right. My repair was quite a challenge for the team (a few cave ins), but they were always positive, hardworking and good representatives of the company. They kept my property clean and i am very satisfied with the results, and would recommend Ottawa Building & Foundation without any hesitation.

Thanks Dave,

We appreciated your patience during the project. As well as after dealing with some follow up work.

Des in Ottawa
Des in Ottawa

Foundation under garage

Very satisfied with Nathan and the workers on the project. My foundation under the garage was re-done. Finished product was great. We will recommend this contractor to our friends. Thank you.
Des and Marilyn

Your project presented some challenges but we were very satisfied also with the final results. Of course the structural work was necessary but the garage floor looks great now too!

Centretown 140yr property in Ottawa
Centretown 140yr property in Ottawa

Foundation repair

Received quotes from three Ottawa companies. This company took the time to carefully evaluate the job before submitting a quote. One company came for 10 min and sent me a quote higher than Ottawa Building & Foundation Repair. They gave me confidence and did not disappoint. They requested a small deposit i.e. 2% and payment (3) after each phase was completed. The crews were polite, hard working and knowledgeable. The left the property immaculate.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our work.

All the best!

The Pakemans in Ottawa
The Pakemans in Ottawa

Foundation repairs

We had the Ottawa Building and Repair company do some work for us this summer. The team was very professional and understood exactly what needed to be done, certainly more so than we did. They took their time to do the job properly, no rushing with this team. We are very happy with the work and would not hesitate to recommend them to friends or neighbours.
Nathan, general manager, sent pictures as my camera was unavailable at the time. They even made a separate trip back to help us move a very large, heavy rock to another spot on the property. That is way above and beyond the call of duty. We will be having them back next year to do some more work for us.
They were all very good people to work with and did a great job of clean up as the work progressed. Thanks guys, see you next year.

Thank you very much Michael & Evonne! It was a pleasure working with you.

See you next year!

Foundation repair and waterproofing

We used the service of Ottawa Building and Foundation Repair Inc. for foundation repair and waterproofing. We had a very positive experience with the company.

1) The General Manager (Nathan Sally) provided a lot of useful insights during the estimate process. Nathan explained our options, their pros and cons, and how the work would be carried out. The estimate he provided was clear and accurate.

2) The crew was professional and friendly. They took some time to tell us about the progress of the work and what the next steps were. They worked very hard to minimize the impact their work had on the rest of the house. They also did a great clean up job at the end.

3) Throughout the project, we received regular updates from Nathan on how things were going.

4) After the job was completed, we received an e-mail containing a receipt and a written warranty.

I would not hesitate the recommend the services of this company.

Thank you for taking the time to review our work.

Sonia & Philippe Robaey in
Sonia & Philippe Robaey in

Stone foundation repair

We had humidity in one of the foundation walls at the end of the winter. The foundation is more than 100 years old and the area that was to be waterproofed was around 40 feet long in total. We called more than one company and Ottawa Building & Foundation repair gave us the best price. The work was done diligently, on time and with little impact on us or on our neighbours. The workers were highly skilled. The cleanup was fantastic. The company's owner was easy to reach and to communicate with throughout the whole process and he knows his craft well. We highly recommend this company.

Thank you Sonia & Philippe for taking the time to review our work. I will pass your compliments along to the crew.

Derek in Ottawa
Derek in Ottawa

Foundation Repair

I highly recommend Ottawa Building and Foundation Repair Inc.

We were in the process of buying a house that needed work on the foundation - moldy wood paneling in the basement was a sure sign that the block concrete had cracks in it (house was built in 1940s or 50s).

Nathan came to look at the house and gave us an estimate. He was great - honest, not alarmist, friendly and knowledgeable. He gave us a very detailed quote which allowed to us to show the sellers of the house the work that needed to be done for easier negotiations.

We bought the house! And decided to go with Nathan's company based on the professionalism and detail that went into his quote and also just the general feel that he was a good guy (and the other Homestar ratings too).

The work was done to our complete satisfaction - excavated around the three original block concrete foundation walls, patched all the cracks (of which there were many), new weeping tile, water membrane, removing and reinstalled back steps/deck, repaving part of the driveway, replanting a tree (twice! because we wanted it "a little to the left" and they couldn't have been nicer about it), etc.

We had removed the moldy wood paneling before Nathan and his crew (great guys, super friendly) started and had revealed an old chimney hole for an old wood stove that was patched up oddly (someone way back in the day had stuck a rock in there and then just put insulation? like why?) and some other holes and Nathan had his guys fix that all up for us.

They also were going to install a new sump pump but the one that came with the house was in fine working order so they kept it and knocked off some of the price (honest company) but professionally re-did the sump pit (it was just like a makeshift hole in the corner but now is a real sump pit with a plastic drum and cover).

Anyway, quite the novel here but all this to say that Nathan was great to do business with and I highly recommend him and his company.

Thanks!

Thanks Derek for taking the time to review our work.

Foundation Repair

I am completely satisfied with the recent repair work done in my house by “Ottawa Building and Foundation Repair Company”. I will definitely hire them again, and recommend this company to my friends. The following are the key reasons for my recommendation:
(1) I found the Owner /Manager of this company (Nathan) to be highly professional and very honest business man. When I asked him for an estimate, he arrived on time, explained the technical aspect of the required repair and provided me with a very reasonable estimate of the cost. He then e-mailed me a written work order containing exactly what will be done and the agreed cost.
(2) Before the start of the work, I asked him to do some additional repair work that was not included in the original order. He told me that the extra work is not significant and he will do it with no charge.
(3) His staff (Salim) arrived on time. He was thorough and professional. He explained to me how he will do the work, and skillfully completed the required repair on time.
(4) One week after, I received an e-mail from the company Owner/Manager containing my receipt and a written warranty for the comleted work.
Finally, I wish to thank the owner/manager and staff of this company for their tecknical skills, effeciency, professionalism and excellent client service.

I am completely satisfied with the recent repair work done in my house by "Ottawa Building and Foundation Repair Company". I will definitely hire them again and highly recommend this company to my friends.
The following are the key reasons for this recommendation:
(1) I found the owner/manager (Mr. Nathan Sally) to be highly professional and very honest business man. When I called him for an estimate, he arrived on time, explained the technical aspect of the required repair and provided me with a very reasonable cost estimate. He then e-mailed me a written work order containing what will be done and the agreed cost.
(2) Before the start of the work, I asked him to do some additional repair work that was not included in the original work order. He told me the additional work is not significant and he will do it with no charge.
(3) His staff (Salim) arrived on time to do the work. He was thorough and professional and skillfully completed the required work on time.
(4) One week after, I received an e-mail from the owner/manager containin a receipt and a written warranty for the completed work .

Finally, I wish to thank the owner/manager and the staff of this company for their professional work, technical skill, effeciency and honesty.

(4) One week after, I received an e-mail from the company containing the receipt and a written warranty for the completed repair work.
Finally I wish to thank the manager and the staff of this company for their professional work, technical skill and honesty.

Thank you Edward. We appreciate your feedback and your recommendation to friends and family.

andrea in Ottawa
andrea in Ottawa

foundation repair

Nathan and his team worked seamlessly to complete the job promptly. I really appreciated the courtesy and joy with which the team did their work. There were no loud voices or music disturbing the neighbourhood, and Al, Salim and Joel were particularly focussed on producing a superb quality product. Thank you to all, during trying weather and unexpected surprises.

Thank you Andrea, was a pleasure to work with you. Thank you for taking the time to review our work.

More about Ottawa Building & Foundation Repair

Visit us at www. ottawafoundationrepair. ca and fill out an estimate request or text us at 613-704-2727. We are a full service company that offers years of masonry experience, coupled with an understanding of how a foundation and entire house should work as a system. We can make minor repairs ...