McNamara Services - General Contracting

General Contractors
75 Cornwall Road BRAMPTON ON L6W1N7
HomeStars  >  General Contractors in Brampton  >  McNamara Services - General Contracting

Reviews for McNamara Services - General Contracting

Carol Shaw in Orangeville
Carol Shaw in Orangeville
1 review Shelburne, ON

Basement rebuild

We are very satisfied with the work carried out. We were happy with the clean up, and the job was completed on budget. McNamara Services is coming back in the Spring to complete some kitchen renos.

We highly recommend the professional services of McNamara Services.

thanks Carol and Frank, it was my pleasure, you are fantastic customers. I look forward to coming back in the spring.

Andrew from Vaughan
Andrew from Vaughan

Complete 2nd Floor Reno

We needed to renovate our second floor in a short period of time before the arrival of our new baby.

From the beginning, Joe was upfront and transparent with the timeline, budget, and work done as each week progressed. He was flexible in changing the design as we went, and worked with us along the way to let us assist to help fit the reno into our budget.

We are happy with the quality of work done, and it's great to have a functional and beautiful upstairs to live in.

The work done was a complete renovation from the demolition of the whole floor, installation of new insulation, repair of brickwork that was found to be missing (!), subfloor repair, new drywall, installation of shower fixtures, tilework in the bathroom, new door frames, door and window trim, to priming of the walls.

Some notable highlights include:
- minimal dust in our living space. Joe constructed a dust barrier that prevented nearly all of the dust from leaving the construction zone. He also made a 2nd floor ramp out the front window so demo waste could be removed efficiently while minimizing dirt on the main floor.
- Tilework in the bathroom. We had the tile chosen and Joe did a beautiful job on the install, even helping us make sure we had a full tile or two at the end despite my buying a bit too little.
- pediment caps on the doors and windows. These were custom built by Joe to match the originals in the house already, including some on the main floor that we had not trimmed yet.

Overall, Joe worked with us to get the job done within our budget, and was clear and upfront with the planning, payment schedule, and progress. I added some photos before and after, it should be obvious which are which.

Thanks, Joe, for the great work.

Andrew,
Thank you for your business, it was a pleasure to work for you. I am so happy that we were able to complete everything with time to spare, before the baby was born.

I would be glad to come back and help you and your family complete any other projects in the future.

Best Regards
Joe

Tammymcleod20 .
Tammymcleod20 .
4 reviews Halton Hills, ON

Small Deck In town House Condo Complex.

Joe and his team arrived on time and had our deck built within two days as promised!!
They worked very hard durring a heat wave, And still met the timeline goal. They were very clean, organized and immaculate work!
Would highly recommend Joe Macnamara and his team
Job well done!

Ethan H. from East end Toronto
Ethan H. from East end Toronto
3 reviews Old Toronto, ON

New deck, back wall, and kitchen area

I worked with McNamara Services in two phases, summer 2012 and spring 2013, so complete extensive work on my house:
* Removal of old porch and garage
* Rebuild entire rear wall of house, with new window opening and relocating door.
* Brand new cedar deck and rear door porch
* Full interior demolition of kitchen, removing plaster and lathe, ceiling, floor, and subfloor
* Levelling of floor and ceiling, installation of new subfloor.
* Insulation, vapour barrier, wall board, mud and tape
* Various other tasks (kitchen and bathroom vents, pocket door installation, plumbing and lighting fixtures)
* Tile work for kitchen floor, backsplash, and bathroom

Joe worked with me throughout the project and let me be very hands-on in planning, changing, and decision making. He made sure I have the information and cost estimates in place to deal with the surprises that invariably come up when renovating older houses. Change in scope and timelines were managed effectively.

Slight problems with some aspect of the work were corrected to my satisfaction, and I would consider McNamara Services again for similar work.

Thanks Joe for helping me attain my design goals for the new kitchen!

NB in Toronto
NB in Toronto
4 reviews ,

Flooring, cabinetry, trim, railing

Joe did a beautiful job installing a custom glass railing, bamboo and laminate flooring, doors and trim, and a custom fireplace enclosure and corner cabinet in our house. He also completed the tear-out, cleanup, sub-floor and strapping. Joe works hard and pays close attention to details from the very beginning, ensuring that the project is finished to a high standard of quality and without hidden surprises. He will make sure he understands what you want and will come up with the best solution for your needs, all for a very reasonable cost. I was particularly impressed with his ability to quickly mock up a model (on the computer) of the project, and his willingness to adapt and rework the design until we were satisfied.

Deb in Brampton
Deb in Brampton

Replacing a backyard deck and flower boxees

I asked Joe to replace an existing deck and flower boxes in my backyard in the same design as used previously. I was extremely satisfied with his workmanship, materials used and ease in dealing with him. He is very skillful and I found him quite dependable. I am very happy with the finished product and would hire him again for any projects or handy work around the house. Thanks Joe!

Teresa
Teresa

Exterior Work

Joe provided a collection of jobs for the exterior of our house. Waterproofing brick, replacement of rotted wood above door, creation of hinged gate and installation of drip cap on parging. He communicated very well, called if he was going to be later, provided detailed invoices and talked you through the work to be done. He researched products to find the most appropriate. Would absolutely have Joe back.

Amanda de Groot in Newmarket
Amanda de Groot in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Wall unit and fireplace

We had Joe come in a design a wall unit and built in gas fire place for us. We were very pleased with the options he showed us when he started the work, we were given options along the way. Joe was very patient when we changed our minds mid stream :) and when he left the job sigt his tools and stuff where out of the way and did not impact our daily routine.

I woud have no problem or think twice about having Joe in my home to do work again!

More about McNamara Services - General Contracting

A Small incorporated business specializing in general contracting, run by a professional Engineer with years of personal experience in the home improvement and renovation fields in the GTA and surrounding areas. Please visit http: / / mcnamaraservices. ca