Decks

Reviews for Arbutus Sundecks

Maisy2307 in Richmond
Maisy2307 in Richmond
1 review Richmond, BC

Amazing back deck...Totally classed up our house!

From the initial contact to the finished product, working with Magnus, Mark, and Jordan was joy. We got exactly what we wanted. A first class deck with a six foot canopy and a six foot privacy wall. We had a couple of custom requests that they worked in to the overall design. Highly recommend Arbutus Sundecks.

Thanks for the great feedback. We really enjoy doing these awesome transformations, they really make a difference to your enjoyment of the sundeck.
Thanks for trusting us with your house.

Bobby  in Richmond
Bobby in Richmond

2 deck replacement and stucco work

Had 2 decks replaced by Arbutus. They hired a sub-contractor by the name Sean to do Stucco work. The Stucco work very, very bad. Please see the pictures below. Called them to fix the problem. They have ignored the calls and did NOT ASSIST. Clearly, the stucco work that Arbutus did was bad. The line on the outside part of the deck shows where the new stucco work was done. There many cracks in the deck and nobody over the weight of 120 lbs. has been on the deck. We are located in 4618 Northwood Drive, West Vancouver, BC. I have NO problems if you want to come to talk to me and check out their work 1st hand. Call me anytime 778-995-5255....choose wisely... I have all my bills....don't USE THEM THEY WILL IGNORE YOUR CALLS.... AND TELL THE PROBLEM IS OVERWEIGHT PEOPLE ON THE DECK. I am a personal trainer....

Hi Bobby,
This review really confuses me. We did do some stucco repair and you were told that painting would be required. You emailed us in 2016 email is below:

Magnus

Magnus Lindqvist
604-340-3390

On Feb 13, 2016, at 5:37 PM, Bobby Dazzler <> wrote:

Mark/Magnus:

I hope all is going well for your business!

I noticed a couple of areas that need attention, please.
1. The small deck has a crack going down where the old and new stucco were joined. The crack is from the top of the small deck to bottom by the carport.
2. There are small cracks in a corner of the ceiling in studio suite.

I am hoping either you or Margnus are able to take a look at it for me and perhaps take care of it. The first issue is quite noticeable.

Regards,

Jasbir

This is the only email we have received from you. We did follow up with our stucco contractor and he informed us that you had never painted the area and if you painted it the hairline cracks would be gone.
We considered this issue resolved and have heard nothing again from you till this review. As for the comment of heavy set people I am not sure what to say , but we would never say anything like that and I have no idea where that came from.
If you wish for me to have a further look at this please feel free to contact me directly.
Mark Harrison

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Back Deck

Right from the start, Arbutus Sundecks were very easy to work with. They listened to our concerns and came up with a wonderful plan that fit our needs. The workers were pleasant and professional. I would recommend having the waterproofing -- especially in Vancouver -- so you can work underneath it and not get wet. If you need a new deck -- then these are the people to call.

Christopher

Thanks for the kind words. We really enjoyed building your new deck. Summer is just around the corner so your timing is perfect. The design that you selected was awesome, super functional and it fits in with your backyard

robzo in Vancouver
robzo in Vancouver
1 review Burnaby, BC

Complete Deck Restoration

We decided that we wanted to enlarge our elevated deck and to add a post and beam glass cover on a portion of it. This wasn't going to be a small run of the mill job, so it was important the we used someone with the confidence and skill to take on this project. After talking to some companies it seemed that they were not able to do the deck as we had envisioned, that is until Mark and Magnus from Arbutus Sundecks came along. Mark knew exactly what to do and instead of being hesitant of the work involved was excited about it. Not only did they do a fantastic job of demolishing and rebuilding the top deck and adding this amazing cover, they ended up building stairs with a landing that attached to a new lower deck that we ended up deciding to do. And finally because our lot slopes downwards they built 10ft. wide steps from the lower deck to meet the yard. The professionalism shown by Mark, Magnus and the crew and their willingness to work with the customer really helped take away any concerns we were feeling. I truly believe another company would not have done such an outstanding job.

Thanks for the kind words, your vision of the deck project was inspirational. After doing the 3D rendering I was excited to bring these visions to reality. I am really happy with the final look and function of your decks. One of the best parts is the 10' wide stairs, this was your vision and it was spot on.
Thanks for letting us be a part of this awesome project.

Mom2Scout in Coquitlam
Mom2Scout in Coquitlam
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Back Deck Transformation

We were very impressed with the professionalism and work ethic of owners Mark and Magnus and their construction team.
Our back yard project included construction of a large (25’ X 25’) composite deck and adjoining stairs. We are very pleased with the finished project.
Although very busy, Mark always made himself available to answer our questions. His extensive knowledge in all areas related to deck design and construction was evident early on.
Both Mark and Magnus dropped by the work site regularly to ensure everything was meeting their high standards and our expectations as well. They insured everything was completed on time and kept their schedule commitments to us. (actually coming in ahead of schedule!)
We would definitely recommend Arbutus Sundecks to anyone requiring a talented, knowledgeable and full-service decking professional.

You were so much fun to work with. We always try to meet our timelines and schedules but even with the best intentions it doesn't always work. With your deck project everything seemed to align. I really enjoyed working with you on this project and am really happy we were able to work together. Have a great winter and I.m sure we will be talking in the Spring.

Danny in Vancouver
Danny in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Sundeck

V6X 1V4

It is a sincere pleasure to write a review for the beautiful sundeck built for us by Arbutus Sundecks. Mark and his team were professional, courteous and overall, terrific to deal with!

From the initial design/consult phase through to the end, Arbutus was always available and responsive to any questions/concerns/issues we had. They provided great options and feedback for various material or design decisions required.

In addition, they were exactly as quoted, never exceeding the budget (indeed they always offered smart suggestion to save $ on the project without sacrificing quality.

I have no hesitation in recommending Mark and Arbutus Sundecks to anyone who has a home project!

Well done!

Thanks for the kind words, Danny it was so much fun creating a awesome sundeck in an area that was basically useless. The three of us really came up with a great design and the execution was perfect with the end results being almost exactly to our design.
Have fun on the deck and happy hot tubbing

Harris in Vancouver, British Columbia
Harris in Vancouver, British Columbia

We Love Our Deck!

V6X 1V4

Our front deck and stairs were in terrible condition and the deck was also too small to be much use. Mark and his team transformed a dangerous eyesore into something we are very proud of and now use daily. The whole experience from start to finish was fantastic with Mark's vision of what we could achieve and Magnus and the guys doing great work on time and on budget. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the kind words, your project is one of my favorites, turning a unusable space into a real bonus area.
So glad you love it, have a great summer

Em
Em
2 reviews Burnaby, BC

Front deck fixing and vinyl covering

V6X 1V4

Great experience from start to finish. Got a quote last year and went ahead this year. Quick response time, very professional , great work , good Communication. Overall we were very pleased and would highly recommend .

It was such a pleasure to work with you, thanks for trusting us with your house project. Have a great summer.

sean in
sean in
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Great work on Vinyl decking!

Magnus from Arbutus made this completely painless. He is a pro. The work was excellent and timely. The product itself is great. I have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone!

Hi Sean
Thanks for the kind words. I have s picture of your whole family removing the old tiles. You have a great team there. I will send you the pictures

Steph B.
Steph B.
1 review North Vancouver, BC

2 balconies, 2 decks, stairs & railings

V6X 1V4

All of my decks were rotten, they were all rebuilt with glass viewing and the back deck was done in Treks.
Mark estimated each deck separately for me. The work was done efficiently. I would definitely call Arbutus for another job.

Thanks Steph,
You have the best sense of design that I have seen in decades. Your before and afters of your whole house is nothing short of amazing. Thanks for letting me be part of it.

More about Arbutus Sundecks

We build custom decks using Vinyl Decking, Cedar Decking or exotic Hardwood Decking. Whether you need a full deck replacement or just a sundeck repair give Arbutus Sundecks a call.

Railings and Decks.