HomeStars  >  Decks in Richmond  >  Arbutus Sundecks

Reviews for Arbutus Sundecks

Back Deck

Right from the start, Arbutus Sundecks were very easy to work with. They listened to our concerns and came up with a wonderful plan that fit our needs. The workers were pleasant and professional. I would recommend having the waterproofing -- especially in Vancouver -- so you can work underneath it and not get wet. If you need a new deck -- then these are the people to call.

Christopher

Thanks for the kind words. We really enjoyed building your new deck. Summer is just around the corner so your timing is perfect. The design that you selected was awesome, super functional and it fits in with your backyard

robzo in Vancouver
robzo in Vancouver
1 review Burnaby, BC

Complete Deck Restoration

We decided that we wanted to enlarge our elevated deck and to add a post and beam glass cover on a portion of it. This wasn't going to be a small run of the mill job, so it was important the we used someone with the confidence and skill to take on this project. After talking to some companies it seemed that they were not able to do the deck as we had envisioned, that is until Mark and Magnus from Arbutus Sundecks came along. Mark knew exactly what to do and instead of being hesitant of the work involved was excited about it. Not only did they do a fantastic job of demolishing and rebuilding the top deck and adding this amazing cover, they ended up building stairs with a landing that attached to a new lower deck that we ended up deciding to do. And finally because our lot slopes downwards they built 10ft. wide steps from the lower deck to meet the yard. The professionalism shown by Mark, Magnus and the crew and their willingness to work with the customer really helped take away any concerns we were feeling. I truly believe another company would not have done such an outstanding job.

Thanks for the kind words, your vision of the deck project was inspirational. After doing the 3D rendering I was excited to bring these visions to reality. I am really happy with the final look and function of your decks. One of the best parts is the 10' wide stairs, this was your vision and it was spot on.
Thanks for letting us be a part of this awesome project.

Mom2Scout in Coquitlam
Mom2Scout in Coquitlam
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Back Deck Transformation

We were very impressed with the professionalism and work ethic of owners Mark and Magnus and their construction team.
Our back yard project included construction of a large (25’ X 25’) composite deck and adjoining stairs. We are very pleased with the finished project.
Although very busy, Mark always made himself available to answer our questions. His extensive knowledge in all areas related to deck design and construction was evident early on.
Both Mark and Magnus dropped by the work site regularly to ensure everything was meeting their high standards and our expectations as well. They insured everything was completed on time and kept their schedule commitments to us. (actually coming in ahead of schedule!)
We would definitely recommend Arbutus Sundecks to anyone requiring a talented, knowledgeable and full-service decking professional.

You were so much fun to work with. We always try to meet our timelines and schedules but even with the best intentions it doesn't always work. With your deck project everything seemed to align. I really enjoyed working with you on this project and am really happy we were able to work together. Have a great winter and I.m sure we will be talking in the Spring.

Danny in Vancouver
Danny in Vancouver

Sundeck

It is a sincere pleasure to write a review for the beautiful sundeck built for us by Arbutus Sundecks. Mark and his team were professional, courteous and overall, terrific to deal with!

From the initial design/consult phase through to the end, Arbutus was always available and responsive to any questions/concerns/issues we had. They provided great options and feedback for various material or design decisions required.

In addition, they were exactly as quoted, never exceeding the budget (indeed they always offered smart suggestion to save $ on the project without sacrificing quality.

I have no hesitation in recommending Mark and Arbutus Sundecks to anyone who has a home project!

Well done!

Thanks for the kind words, Danny it was so much fun creating a awesome sundeck in an area that was basically useless. The three of us really came up with a great design and the execution was perfect with the end results being almost exactly to our design.
Have fun on the deck and happy hot tubbing

Harris in Vancouver, British Columbia
Harris in Vancouver, British Columbia
1 review Richmond, BC

We Love Our Deck!

Our front deck and stairs were in terrible condition and the deck was also too small to be much use. Mark and his team transformed a dangerous eyesore into something we are very proud of and now use daily. The whole experience from start to finish was fantastic with Mark's vision of what we could achieve and Magnus and the guys doing great work on time and on budget. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the kind words, your project is one of my favorites, turning a unusable space into a real bonus area.
So glad you love it, have a great summer

Em in Burnaby
Em in Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Front deck fixing and vinyl covering

Great experience from start to finish. Got a quote last year and went ahead this year. Quick response time, very professional , great work , good Communication. Overall we were very pleased and would highly recommend .

It was such a pleasure to work with you, thanks for trusting us with your house project. Have a great summer.

sean in
sean in
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Great work on Vinyl decking!

Magnus from Arbutus made this completely painless. He is a pro. The work was excellent and timely. The product itself is great. I have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone!

Hi Sean
Thanks for the kind words. I have s picture of your whole family removing the old tiles. You have a great team there. I will send you the pictures

Steph B.
Steph B.
1 review North Vancouver, BC

2 balconies, 2 decks, stairs & railings

All of my decks were rotten, they were all rebuilt with glass viewing and the back deck was done in Treks.
Mark estimated each deck separately for me. The work was done efficiently. I would definitely call Arbutus for another job.

Thanks Steph,
You have the best sense of design that I have seen in decades. Your before and afters of your whole house is nothing short of amazing. Thanks for letting me be part of it.

hotcurrys
hotcurrys
1 review Delta, BC

Repair to deck

The wooden fascia on my sundeck was quite rotten out. I also wanted to extend my deck slightly.
The job was quite labour intensive, because under the deck is a closed in ground floor.
I was very pleased with the finished job.
The work crew were very friendly and professional. Also when the job was complete all the mess was cleaned up, and the rubbish was removed.
I would definitely use Arbutus Sundecks again.

Thanks for the great review, the deck extension really added additional functionality to your deck. It was a pleasure working with you on this. Have a great Summer in that amazing backyard.

RR
RR

Deck replacement

Arbutus replaced our current deck cover. Mark and Magnus are both very personable and open and honest. Handled challenges with great expertise. Magnus was outstanding and supervised work daily and was always available by phone or email to address concerns.
No surprises or unexpected charges other than a major snow storm which slowed the work only briefly. We have a very large deck and also some carpentry was required to deal with water damage which added to the cost.

Mark met with us before the work began and explained all option. Provided a detailed estimate.

Magnus met with us for a final inspection after completion of the deck; perfectionist that he is, there were a few last "touch ups" to make sure it was perfect!

HI, working with you and your wife was such a pleasure from the initial meeting you were both so involved and interested. It is always so much fun when my clients are interested in the process. My Son still talks about that meeting we had thanks for giving him a life lesson in customer service.

More about Arbutus Sundecks

We build custom decks using Vinyl Decking, Cedar Decking or exotic Hardwood Decking. Whether you need a full deck replacement or just a sundeck repair give Arbutus Sundecks a call.

Railings and Decks.