Schomberg Sheet Metal

Holly from Schomberg
Holly from Schomberg
1 review , ON

Service

I had a no heat situation this past weekend. I called this company as they were local and reached their after hours answering service. I received a call back within 15 minutes from their technician Kenny. He was kind and prompt and arrived 2 hours after the initial call. He quickly diagnosed my furnace problem. The part was available at their office which he picked up and had my furnace running again. Service was quick, neat and polite. I will use their service again in the future.

Thank you for the great review. We look forward to serving you in the future.

sam from Schomberg
sam from Schomberg
1 review Schomberg, ON

new furnace

Tony and his installation crew arrived on time. They were efficient and neat. It was a pleasure to deal with them and I will recommend them to friends and family.

Thank you for the great review. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Jeff from Tottenham
Jeff from Tottenham
1 review , ON

Furnace

Ridiculous - All the reviews for these folks are good, but why?? I paid TOP dollar for my furnace and here is the first install that I got: http://vimeo.com/110083096 you can read about my WHOLE saga here - http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?1651331-Help-Very-Poor-install-in-my-opinion

I urge you to really really shop around. I shopped local and this is the second time i've been burned locally. I had to have them back to fix all this. They did come fix it - but no sorry - no looking after me - just sign on the dotted line. They also put the exhaust for the furnace out on to my deck where we sit even after the guy who quoted me said we were going through the garage and out the roof - I spent 3 hours moving cupboards and cleaning and came home to NONE of it done the way we discussed.

I also wasn't told until after the furnace was installed that I had to use the iComfort thermostat to control my furnace $400 extra OH and that I needed a 5" furnace filter another $450.. AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE..

I strongly STRONGLY urge you to go elsewhere.

***Edit*** The company did return and fix the problems and included the iComfort and installation for free with the caveat that I return and change this review. I had them return a month later to fix a leaky clamp that resulted in water and staining inside the furnace from the exhaust port. They are a reputable company who did return to fix a mistake, I would hire them again despite all the problems we have had.

Review has 1 previous version

Hi Jeff, sorry to hear about your experience. I understand your frustration. Unfortunately our technicians did run out of material and were short of time that day, however this should not be an excuse. I understand all the deficiencies have been corrected. Could you please post pictures and video of our work after the deficiencies were corrected.

I understand that the installation technician did speak to your wife in regards to the venting and she approved it. Im sorry if there was a lack of communication between the sales rep and installation crew.

Sorry you were not given the option of the iComfort thermostat. However the SLP does not need an iComfort thermostat to operate. A SLP furnace will operate as a 4 stage furnace using a standard thermostat.

In regards to the 5" air cleaner, its not required. This is an additional option that you can have if you choose to use a 5" filter vs a 1" filter. The difference is that a 1" filter is replaced every 3 months vs 12 months for a 5" filter.

Again Im sorry that you are unsatisfied with our initial performance. I would like to offer you a free iComfort thermostat and free installation. Please contact us to arrange this.

Lois KC from Etobicoke
Lois KC from Etobicoke

Squealing A/C

Last summer our AC, which is water-cooled, started to squeal. Most of the time, but not all the time. We had it looked at a couple of times. One guy said it was the ducts, not the AC. The other came when the squealing wasn't happening. We gave up.
Fast forward to this year. Turned the AC on. Squealing. Even our neighbours heard it. We called Schomberg. Mike came yesterday and discovered the problem and fixed it. Super guy. We were very happy with him and his work. Thank you?

Hi Lois thank you for the review. If you ever require our services in the future, we would be more than happy to serve you.

Nick vannan from Toronto
Nick vannan from Toronto

New Lennox Furnace

I used Schomberg Sheet Metal for the first time as they were a local company. I was extremely happy with there service. The installers were a father, son team who kept a clean efficient install and showed me what to do to change my new high capacity filter. i would definitely use them again as we were very happy!!!!!

Hi Nick thank you for the review.

James in Schomberg
James in Schomberg
5 reviews Schomberg, ON

Furnace Repair

The service I received was outstanding, the Service Technician went out of his way to explain the issues and problems and made a special trip to check if everything was working properly a month later.

Hi James thank you for the review.

Craig from Nobleton
Craig from Nobleton
5 reviews King, ON

Humidifier

I called this local company to install a humidifier in a new builder home, with the intention of getting them to install central air in the spring. They were very patient and knowledgeable over the phone in helping us select a unit, and it was installed on the date promised. Problem was, they say they expected us to have a plumber on hand to do the water hook-up. This was never communicated to me. They still completed the installation, but with no PEX tools, they had to take a long copper line to the water supply for the house - the only copper they could find, bypassing the softened water, which would have been better for the flow-through type humidifier.

We dropped off a cheque the next day, which they lost. I tried to get them to come back to size and quote an AC unit, but I never received a return phone call to my two messages.

And the humidifier broke. The solenoid never shut off the water supply, so we wasted an untold amount of water. Once the problem was found by our new HVAC company installing the AC unit, Schomberg Sheet Metal came promptly and fixed the problem, and picked up another cheque for the original installation.

They know their stuff, they come when they say they will, and I don't blame them for a faulty humidifier, but they are not the easiest company to deal with.

Hi Craig, thanks for the review. PEX piping is relatively new in homes. Unfortunatley we are not a plumbing company and do not do any plumbing with PEX piping. Historically a humidifier is installed using a piercing valve that is included with the humidifier kit. Piercing valves are not to be used on PEX piping and are manufactured for use on copper piping. Being that the humidifier was sold to you over the phone our technician was surprised to find the whole home including the connections for the water heater were in PEX (usually there is a copper stub connecting the water heater). The only option the technician had was to run a long copper line or have a plumber come in and install an access point.

More about Schomberg Sheet Metal

Our Mission at Schomberg Sheet Metal is to improve the quality of life for our customers, employees, suppliers and communities through our passion for serving others. For over 30 years our family owned and operated company has continued to provide exceptional levels of service to Greater Toronto and South Simcoe ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Bradford West Gwillimbury?