The Mold Guy, Mold Detection & Removal

Reviews for The Mold Guy, Mold Detection & Removal

Happy Homeowner
Happy Homeowner

Basement Mold Issue

From my initial phone call, to job completion, the costumer service was impressive! We had an issue in our home that needed immediate attention. I was referred to The Mold Guy by my friend who was happy with the work as well. After having used the services of another company for a prior job, I can give an honest review in comparison.

My initial conversation with Kay was very informative. I was a bit frantic when I called her as I needed this resolved immediately and in short notice. Kay was very informative and explained the whole process in detail. She was quite calm and helped me navigate the steps from identifying the mold issue, to removal, to remediation. She scheduled Ross to come in and investigate the issue within a couple of days. A very pleasant first conversation with this company was an indication of the work to come.

I do not want to disparage anyone here, but prior to finding The Mold Guy, we had used a different mold company for an inspection on a house we were looking to purchase. In comparison, when Ross Sullivan arrived at our home, he was not only prompt, he was also courteous and pleasant. What a breath of fresh air.…no pun intended….!

It was clear almost immediately, that Ross is a highly skilled individual. He not only accurately assessed the mold problem within minutes, he also offered insight to a leak issue that had caused the mold problem to begin with. After a few other inspections at the house to resolve our leak issue, he was the first person to actually move my washer and dryer to find the route of the water related to the leak. Once he was done, Ross noted the work that had to be done and quoted me a very fair yet competitive price!

Phil and Johnny were at our home within days to start the work. The work was done in only a few hours. They removed the mold and all impacted materials, vacuumed everywhere, disinfected the impacted areas, painted everything with mold resistant paint and washed down all the surfaces when they were done. They left the area tidy and clean!

Overall, this experience was really easy, pleasant and very fairly priced. No complaints at all!! Unfortunately, we have another mold issue with our new property, but fortunately, we know who we are going to call !

Thank you so much for this incredibly review.it is sincerely appreciated. You were a pleasure to work with. Thank you Thank you. Kay, Ross & The Mold Guy Team

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Remove mold in the attic

I hired the mold guy to remove mold from my attic. From the very first time I spoke with receptionist she put my mind at ease. She was so helpful in explaining what was involved in the work that needed to be done. On the day of the appointment the guys were punctual, quick and very efficient. I would like to add that they also explained the work to be done. They carried out the necessary work in a friendly but professional manner. I am happy to write this review for the mold guy company.

Thank you for taking the time out to write us such positive review. We are very grateful for the business.Thank you thank you. It was out pleasure serving you!! Kay & your Mold Guy team

KatyK in Old Toronto
KatyK in Old Toronto

Mould inspection

Nothing short of amazing. Drove came to check out my mould situation in 2 closest and completely put my mind at ease. I had another company come in first before I used “the mould guy.” This other company gave me a quote of $5,500! Drove basically told me my mould situation was not concerning and we could take care of it ourselves. He was proved to be correct when an air quality test came back normal! I love how honest this company is. They easily could have taken advantage of my panic about the mould and my inexperience but instead they did the opposite. They care about their customers. Thank you so much!!! Do not go with anyone else. Stop your search here and use these guys! Could not be happier!

Thank you KatyK for taking the time to write us such a positive review. We are so happy that we could help you.Thank you Thank you Thank you!!Kay

Fantastic!

The Mold Guy was fantastic. From the call to confirm the appointment to the inspectation itself, I was confident I was in good hands. All representatives were incredibly kind, patient, and knowlegeable.

We are so very grateful whenever a customer takes the time to write us a such a nice review. Thank you for your kind words. Take Care Kay

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Asbestos detection and air quality test

Brittany and Kay and the whole team were a pleasure to deal with! Showed genuine concern for the safety of my family!! Definitely recommend their service from both a professional and caring perspective!

Wow, Thanks so much. We truly are greatful that you reached out to us and that we could help!!Thank you Kay & Brittany

Fraser Cunningham in Old Toronto
Fraser Cunningham in Old Toronto

Mold in Attic fixed by Mold Guy team

I hired the Mold Guy to deal with black mold that had developed in my attic. The team arrived promptly at 7am as was discussed, completed the work quickly, efficiently and quietly, the service team were all polite, worked very clean and left no mess. the attic looked sparkling clean with no trace of mold following the work. I would recommend this team to anyone.

Thank you Fraser, It was truly a pleasure working with you. Thank you for your kind words. Kay

Anna in Toronto
Anna in Toronto

Mold removal in basement

Incredible experience. We had mold in our basement and from first phone call to completion the job that they did was outstanding. They arrived on time and worked efficiently to remove mold. Thank you to Brittany, Drove, Phil and Mike for a job well done. They left the site immaculate and were a pleasure to deal with. By far the best experience with home repairs we have had. I would reccomend them to anyone with a mold issue. We can now breath easy.

Hello Anna, Thank you kindly for choosing the Mold Guy for your basement mold removal . Thank you for taking the time to write us such a positive review. We appreciate all your kind words, your business and this review. Thank you Thank you Thank you Kay & your Mold Guy team

Grace from Toronto
Grace from Toronto

Mold Inspection

We were concerned with mould growth in our condo after flooding due to a faulty drainage pipe breaking during a rainstorm. Although mould was removed from the floor and some parts of the wall, we wanted to make sure that after remediation, the mould level was normal. After calling the Mold Guy, (great name!) Drove came the very next day. We asked too many questions and he answered them all patiently. He was personable and cheery. He performed the job quickly, scientifically and to our amazement, we received our results in 2 days. Thank you to the Mold Guy and thank you, Homestars, where I found and selected them because of great ratings.

Good morning Grace, Thank you kindly for leaving us such a wonderful review. We sincerely appreciate your business and your feedback.Brittany, Drove & your Mold Guy Team!

homefan in North York
homefan in North York

mold removal

Drove came, inspected and the guys were here the next day to fix the mold problem in my bathroom. Wonderful job, great people. They cleaned up afterwards so that one would never know that work had been done! Besides being so, so good at what they do, they are lovely individuals. I thank them for being in my house and would recommend this company wholeheartedly.

Hello "Home Fan" We have to say you were one of our favorites. It was such a pleasure working with you. We are so grateful for your business. Thank you kindly Kay & your Mold Guy Team

Best Service!

I can’t tell you how happy I am with The Mold Guy.
Had an extremely wonderful experience from speaking to Kay about my mold situation, to the professional mold removal specialist, Phil and Justin, and lastly speaking to Ross confirming everything.
These are the best professional out there! Thank you so much for saving my house! You have won yourself a very happy customer......will tell all my friends and families about you if they ever need mold removal.

Thank you for choosing "The Mold Guy" for your mold removal services. We truly do our best to provide a professional, prompt and thorough service. Thank you Thank you Thank you! Kay

More about The Mold Guy, Mold Detection & Removal

Mold Detection & Removal (Mold Inspections and Mold Removal) (Mould Inspections and Mould Removal)
We are a IICRC Certified Firm (the Gold Standard in Restoration). Our Mold Inspections, Indoor Air Quality Testing and Mold Removal services in Toronto and the surrounding GTA have been developed with years of practical experience and ongoing education. Our goal is to provide great service above and beyond that of our competitors.

From the first call to project end you can expect:

+ Easy Communication
+ Honesty
+ Reliability
+ Trouble Free Process
+ A Commitment of Excellence
+ A team that strives to save you Time, Money and most important, disruption to your personal life or place of business.

At The Mold Guy we’re not satisfied, unless you are! The Mold Guy prides itself in being your ethical Mold Inspections and Mold Removal professionals for Toronto and the surrounding GTA.

Once you suspect a Mold problem and make that first call you will talk to one of our Mold Professionals that can quickly help you understand the extent of the problem and schedule a Mold Inspection at a convenient time for you. We make the process systematic and most of all, calm and efficient.
Our Mold Detection (mould detection) Service starts with a Certified Mold Professional onsite to evaluate the extent of any Mold related problems.
Our Mold Inspectors will educate with mold facts which hopefully helps you relax and understand what’s next.
We will provide a written quote and go over the scope of repairs with you and make sure all your concerns have been addressed.
At The Mold Guy from top to bottom beginning to end, taking pride in what we do is our standard. We really do care! We’re not going to send anyone to work in your home or business that we wouldn't want working in ours. We believe in taking care of your home as we would take care of ours. Therefore as a company, we know you are getting the highest level of care and service which starts by talking to a company representative that knows Mold, not an answering service. We look forward to hearing from you!