HomeStars  >  Mold Detection & Removal in Markham  >  The Mold Guy, Mold Detection & Removal

Reviews for The Mold Guy, Mold Detection & Removal

David from Toronto
David from Toronto

Kitchen mold

My wife and I discovered mold left behind from a leaky dishwasher. I have a 5 yr old son and my wife is pregnant so we were quite nervous. I called Kay and Ross and within the day they had an inspector come take a look and less than 24 hours later they had an amazing crew, Johnny and Justin, safely remove and dispose of it. The crew of Kay, Ross, Rob, Johnny and Justin are A + and we will only use this company going forward. Thanks!!!!

Dave and Nancy

Hey Nancy! Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review. Thank you Thank you for the business. Kay, Ross & the Mold Guy team.

homefan in North York
homefan in North York

mold removal

Drove came, inspected and the guys were here the next day to fix the mold problem in my bathroom. Wonderful job, great people. They cleaned up afterwards so that one would never know that work had been done! Besides being so, so good at what they do, they are lovely individuals. I thank them for being in my house and would recommend this company wholeheartedly.

Hello "Home Fan" We have to say you were one of our favorites. It was such a pleasure working with you. We are so grateful for your business. Thank you kindly Kay & your Mold Guy Team

Best Service!

I can’t tell you how happy I am with The Mold Guy.
Had an extremely wonderful experience from speaking to Kay about my mold situation, to the professional mold removal specialist, Phil and Justin, and lastly speaking to Ross confirming everything.
These are the best professional out there! Thank you so much for saving my house! You have won yourself a very happy customer......will tell all my friends and families about you if they ever need mold removal.

Thank you for choosing "The Mold Guy" for your mold removal services. We truly do our best to provide a professional, prompt and thorough service. Thank you Thank you Thank you! Kay

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Basement and Cellar Fixed

Our recently purchased house had two areas of mold contamination due to an unmaintend cold cellar and also a leaky basement wall. Diego and Mike worked really hard on a hot day to completely break down and remove the contaminated materials. Everything was left clean and the issue was sorted out quickly and professionally. Everyone I talked to was very courteous and helpful. Very happy to recommend The Mold Guy to fix any mold problems. One consideration: If you have a one-car-only driveway like us, make sure to sort out the disposal bin pickup ahead of time.

Thank you kindly for taking the time out to write us a review. Your Mold removal team do there best to accommodate at all times. Thank you for your business. It is sincerely appreciated. Thank you Kay & your Mold Guy Team

Selina in Oakville
Selina in Oakville

Mold Removal in attic and basement

We knew there was mold in the attic when we bought the house four years ago but the inspector suggested we wait for six years to get it cleaned up when the roof needed to be redone. So glad we didn't and that we chose the Mold Guy. Apparently the wood can be compromised by the mold over time. We were lucky it wasn't bad enough to replace it. They were a wealth of information, prompt, no hidden costs, professional. EXCELLENT customer service and responsive. Also did a small job in the basement for us at the same time where a foundation leak caused some mold.

Hi Selina, Thanks very much for taking the time to write us a review and for choosing The Mold Guy for your attic Mold removal. Kay & your Mold Guy Team

KF in North York
KF in North York

Pretty sure I couldn't actually be any happier...

I live in a 30-sumthin' year old condo in North York and we're currently undergoing a massive window replacement project. Needless to say, sills need to be removed and things need to be prepped in order for old windows to come out and new ones to be put in.

On a Sunday afternoon we removed our California shutters and banged up the existing tile that was underneath. We found some stuff that looked suspiciously like black mold. Then we took down the curtains from the bedroom window and after banging up those tiles, we found what was most definitely black mold.

I headed straight to the interwebz to search for a local mold removal company, landed at MoldGuy.ca and then looked for reviews. I read the ones here and on that same Sunday, put a call in. Monday at 9:30am, Kay called to schedule an inspector and see what was the what.

Inspector Drove stopped in at noon the same day and we looked at the living room area. He said it didn't look terrible but that he'd get some guys in to double check. Then we moved to the bedroom. Drove looked. Drove said "Yep, that's a problem. Don't worry, we'll have guys out and we'll get this taken care of by Friday at the latest". He billed me the $150 for the inspection and explained that it would come off the total of the actual remediation. I said "cool". He said "It'll be $1400 for all the things and they'll email you a quote and we'll go from there."

The email came through and I was "Sign! Sign!"

Then Kay called to set a date for my dudes to come. She said "if you're flexible, we can get a team out there tomorrow (Tuesday) at 2pm." I was all "I work from home so I'm SO flexible that if you look up flexible in the dictionary, there's me!" We set the time for 2pm.

Kay called me back a couple hours later and said "we have a space that opened up at 8am tomorrow and I know you said you're flexible but.. " I said "Yes! Gimme! Let's do it! But, um, they can't start destruction until 9am because those are the condo rules". Kay said "That's okay. Just let them know when they get there and they'll set up and be ready for 9am demolition."

So I called and left my message on Sunday afternoon, spoke to a human (Kay) on Monday, and today is Tuesday and I'm mold-freeeeee!! It's a beautiful day!

My 2 remediation dudes (Phil and Justin who are both 100% adorable) showed up on time and were both insanely polite and professional. They explained some stuff, did some stuff, made some noise, ripped some stuff out, used some big machines, sprayed some stuff, cleaned some stuff, and 3 hours and 8 giant bags of trash later, they were done. Done like finished. And everything is sparkly clean and there's not a single speck of that dastardly black mold in sight. There's no drywall dust from where they cut the walls, no chips of paint, no bits of insulation on the floors. There's no evidence they were even here except the clean insides of my condo walls (and of course the giant areas where there's no more drywall.)

And more amazingly? My Dy$on Air Purifier is humming along nicely and telling me there's no longer any junk in my air. I know, right? Amazing!!! Super amazing!

I can't say enough good things about the way The Mold Guy(s) handled this whole situation. Yes, I know it's their job, but sometimes people surprise you and are exceptional at what they do.

If I can recommend this company to you because you're looking for assistance with a mold issue, consider them recommended. I'm telling all my neighbours and I'll tell anyone who needs a mold guy that they need to go to the Mold Guy.

5 stars. All the stars. I'd give them 10 if they'd let me give them 10.

Hello & Thank you kindly. I cannot express how grateful we are for your kind words and your business. It was truly our pleasure working with you. Take Care & enjoy the rest of your summer. Cheers Kay & your Mold Guy Team

Sue in Old Toronto
Sue in Old Toronto

Roof mold removal

People were very polite and courteous to deal with. Mold removers came on time and were Very efficient - everything was done on time. I would definitely use them again and recommend them to others.

Hi Sue, Thanks kindly for taking the time and writing us a review. We are so glad that you had a great experience with us. We strive to make every experience personal, professional & effective. Thanks & enjoy the rest of the summer Kay & your Mold Guy team

Serafin in Toronto
Serafin in Toronto

Simply outstanding

From the moment their inspector did his inspector, to the day they finished the job, The Mold Guy(s) were just outstanding. They finished ahead of schedule, were unfailingly polite and, most impressively, they were able to juggle a dumpster snafu that happened when my neighbour changed his mind about allowing them to park it in his parking lot. Kay called me, on a Saturday night, to say: "Don't worry about this, we'll take care of it. Sleep easy." Seriously, they were so kind and professional. And now my basement, for the first time in 15 years, smells awesome. I can't recommend these folks highly enough :)

Hey Serafin, Our team , the internal staff and management raved about how wonderful it was to work with you. Thank you thank you for the business. It was truly our pleasure working with you. Take care enjoy your summer. Kay , Brittany, Drove & your The Mold Guys

robbkenny in Oakville
robbkenny in Oakville

Mold Inspection was well worth the money

Ross came by to inspect some mold I found after demolishing my basement in prep for a reno. He took his time in assessing it and quoted a reasonable price to remove it, but since it was only a level 1 issue, he also suggested that I can clean it myself (I already have the proper mask and Ross instructed what else should be done for safety during the cleaning). Ross also took the time to comment on other items he noticed such as foundation cracks and provided some referrals.
I have already recommended Ross to a friend of mine who has a mold issue and would certainly recommend him to anyone else. Great Value for the Money and honest, trustworthy and sensible advice. I can only wish that every contract I will deal with in my upcoming reno is as fair and honest as Ross. Thank you very much Ross.

Hello Rob we are so glad to be of help to you. We take an integrity first approach. We believe that an educated consumer makes informed decisions. We are very grateful that you reached out to us. Thanks kindly & enjoy the rest of the summer Kay & Ross

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Basement Mold Cleanup

Drove come in and did the inspection, Phil and Diego did the clean up work. They did a great job, identified and cleaned up or sealed all the places we discussed. We had enough stuff to throw out that I paid for a disposal bin and they took care of ordering it and disposal. The guys did a great job cleaning up a demolished basement and were very friendly.

Thanks very much for taking the time out to write us a review. We truly appreciate that you chose "The Mold Guy" to remove the mold in your Basement. Thank you very much Kay Drove & Your Mold Guy Team

More about The Mold Guy, Mold Detection & Removal

Mold Detection & Removal (Mold Inspections and Mold Removal) (Mould Inspections and Mould Removal)
We are a IICRC Certified Firm (the Gold Standard in Restoration). Our Mold Inspections, Indoor Air Quality Testing and Mold Removal services in Toronto and the surrounding GTA have been developed with years of practical experience and ongoing education. Our goal is to provide great service above and beyond that of our competitors.

From the first call to project end you can expect:

+ Easy Communication
+ Honesty
+ Reliability
+ Trouble Free Process
+ A Commitment of Excellence
+ A team that strives to save you Time, Money and most important, disruption to your personal life or place of business.

At The Mold Guy we’re not satisfied, unless you are! The Mold Guy prides itself in being your ethical Mold Inspections and Mold Removal professionals for Toronto and the surrounding GTA.

Once you suspect a Mold problem and make that first call you will talk to one of our Mold Professionals that can quickly help you understand the extent of the problem and schedule a Mold Inspection at a convenient time for you. We make the process systematic and most of all, calm and efficient.
Our Mold Detection (mould detection) Service starts with a Certified Mold Professional onsite to evaluate the extent of any Mold related problems.
Our Mold Inspectors will educate with mold facts which hopefully helps you relax and understand what’s next.
We will provide a written quote and go over the scope of repairs with you and make sure all your concerns have been addressed.
At The Mold Guy from top to bottom beginning to end, taking pride in what we do is our standard. We really do care! We’re not going to send anyone to work in your home or business that we wouldn't want working in ours. We believe in taking care of your home as we would take care of ours. Therefore as a company, we know you are getting the highest level of care and service which starts by talking to a company representative that knows Mold, not an answering service. We look forward to hearing from you!