Mold Detection & Removal
The Mold Guy, Mold Detection & Removal

Reviews for The Mold Guy, Mold Detection & Removal

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Asbestos detection and air quality test

Brittany and Kay and the whole team were a pleasure to deal with! Showed genuine concern for the safety of my family!! Definitely recommend their service from both a professional and caring perspective!

Wow, Thanks so much. We truly are greatful that you reached out to us and that we could help!!Thank you Kay & Brittany

Fraser Cunningham in Old Toronto
Fraser Cunningham in Old Toronto

Mold in Attic fixed by Mold Guy team

I hired the Mold Guy to deal with black mold that had developed in my attic. The team arrived promptly at 7am as was discussed, completed the work quickly, efficiently and quietly, the service team were all polite, worked very clean and left no mess. the attic looked sparkling clean with no trace of mold following the work. I would recommend this team to anyone.

Thank you Fraser, It was truly a pleasure working with you. Thank you for your kind words. Kay

Anna in Toronto
Anna in Toronto

Mold removal in basement

Incredible experience. We had mold in our basement and from first phone call to completion the job that they did was outstanding. They arrived on time and worked efficiently to remove mold. Thank you to Brittany, Drove, Phil and Mike for a job well done. They left the site immaculate and were a pleasure to deal with. By far the best experience with home repairs we have had. I would reccomend them to anyone with a mold issue. We can now breath easy.

Hello Anna, Thank you kindly for choosing the Mold Guy for your basement mold removal . Thank you for taking the time to write us such a positive review. We appreciate all your kind words, your business and this review. Thank you Thank you Thank you Kay & your Mold Guy team

Grace from Toronto
Grace from Toronto

Mold Inspection

We were concerned with mould growth in our condo after flooding due to a faulty drainage pipe breaking during a rainstorm. Although mould was removed from the floor and some parts of the wall, we wanted to make sure that after remediation, the mould level was normal. After calling the Mold Guy, (great name!) Drove came the very next day. We asked too many questions and he answered them all patiently. He was personable and cheery. He performed the job quickly, scientifically and to our amazement, we received our results in 2 days. Thank you to the Mold Guy and thank you, Homestars, where I found and selected them because of great ratings.

Good morning Grace, Thank you kindly for leaving us such a wonderful review. We sincerely appreciate your business and your feedback.Brittany, Drove & your Mold Guy Team!

homefan in North York
homefan in North York

mold removal

Drove came, inspected and the guys were here the next day to fix the mold problem in my bathroom. Wonderful job, great people. They cleaned up afterwards so that one would never know that work had been done! Besides being so, so good at what they do, they are lovely individuals. I thank them for being in my house and would recommend this company wholeheartedly.

Hello "Home Fan" We have to say you were one of our favorites. It was such a pleasure working with you. We are so grateful for your business. Thank you kindly Kay & your Mold Guy Team

Best Service!

I can’t tell you how happy I am with The Mold Guy.
Had an extremely wonderful experience from speaking to Kay about my mold situation, to the professional mold removal specialist, Phil and Justin, and lastly speaking to Ross confirming everything.
These are the best professional out there! Thank you so much for saving my house! You have won yourself a very happy customer......will tell all my friends and families about you if they ever need mold removal.

Thank you for choosing "The Mold Guy" for your mold removal services. We truly do our best to provide a professional, prompt and thorough service. Thank you Thank you Thank you! Kay

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Basement and Cellar Fixed

Our recently purchased house had two areas of mold contamination due to an unmaintend cold cellar and also a leaky basement wall. Diego and Mike worked really hard on a hot day to completely break down and remove the contaminated materials. Everything was left clean and the issue was sorted out quickly and professionally. Everyone I talked to was very courteous and helpful. Very happy to recommend The Mold Guy to fix any mold problems. One consideration: If you have a one-car-only driveway like us, make sure to sort out the disposal bin pickup ahead of time.

Thank you kindly for taking the time out to write us a review. Your Mold removal team do there best to accommodate at all times. Thank you for your business. It is sincerely appreciated. Thank you Kay & your Mold Guy Team

Selina in Oakville
Selina in Oakville

Mold Removal in attic and basement

We knew there was mold in the attic when we bought the house four years ago but the inspector suggested we wait for six years to get it cleaned up when the roof needed to be redone. So glad we didn't and that we chose the Mold Guy. Apparently the wood can be compromised by the mold over time. We were lucky it wasn't bad enough to replace it. They were a wealth of information, prompt, no hidden costs, professional. EXCELLENT customer service and responsive. Also did a small job in the basement for us at the same time where a foundation leak caused some mold.

Hi Selina, Thanks very much for taking the time to write us a review and for choosing The Mold Guy for your attic Mold removal. Kay & your Mold Guy Team

KF in North York
KF in North York

Pretty sure I couldn't actually be any happier...

I live in a 30-sumthin' year old condo in North York and we're currently undergoing a massive window replacement project. Needless to say, sills need to be removed and things need to be prepped in order for old windows to come out and new ones to be put in.

On a Sunday afternoon we removed our California shutters and banged up the existing tile that was underneath. We found some stuff that looked suspiciously like black mold. Then we took down the curtains from the bedroom window and after banging up those tiles, we found what was most definitely black mold.

I headed straight to the interwebz to search for a local mold removal company, landed at MoldGuy.ca and then looked for reviews. I read the ones here and on that same Sunday, put a call in. Monday at 9:30am, Kay called to schedule an inspector and see what was the what.

Inspector Drove stopped in at noon the same day and we looked at the living room area. He said it didn't look terrible but that he'd get some guys in to double check. Then we moved to the bedroom. Drove looked. Drove said "Yep, that's a problem. Don't worry, we'll have guys out and we'll get this taken care of by Friday at the latest". He billed me the $150 for the inspection and explained that it would come off the total of the actual remediation. I said "cool". He said "It'll be $1400 for all the things and they'll email you a quote and we'll go from there."

The email came through and I was "Sign! Sign!"

Then Kay called to set a date for my dudes to come. She said "if you're flexible, we can get a team out there tomorrow (Tuesday) at 2pm." I was all "I work from home so I'm SO flexible that if you look up flexible in the dictionary, there's me!" We set the time for 2pm.

Kay called me back a couple hours later and said "we have a space that opened up at 8am tomorrow and I know you said you're flexible but.. " I said "Yes! Gimme! Let's do it! But, um, they can't start destruction until 9am because those are the condo rules". Kay said "That's okay. Just let them know when they get there and they'll set up and be ready for 9am demolition."

So I called and left my message on Sunday afternoon, spoke to a human (Kay) on Monday, and today is Tuesday and I'm mold-freeeeee!! It's a beautiful day!

My 2 remediation dudes (Phil and Justin who are both 100% adorable) showed up on time and were both insanely polite and professional. They explained some stuff, did some stuff, made some noise, ripped some stuff out, used some big machines, sprayed some stuff, cleaned some stuff, and 3 hours and 8 giant bags of trash later, they were done. Done like finished. And everything is sparkly clean and there's not a single speck of that dastardly black mold in sight. There's no drywall dust from where they cut the walls, no chips of paint, no bits of insulation on the floors. There's no evidence they were even here except the clean insides of my condo walls (and of course the giant areas where there's no more drywall.)

And more amazingly? My Dy$on Air Purifier is humming along nicely and telling me there's no longer any junk in my air. I know, right? Amazing!!! Super amazing!

I can't say enough good things about the way The Mold Guy(s) handled this whole situation. Yes, I know it's their job, but sometimes people surprise you and are exceptional at what they do.

If I can recommend this company to you because you're looking for assistance with a mold issue, consider them recommended. I'm telling all my neighbours and I'll tell anyone who needs a mold guy that they need to go to the Mold Guy.

5 stars. All the stars. I'd give them 10 if they'd let me give them 10.

Hello & Thank you kindly. I cannot express how grateful we are for your kind words and your business. It was truly our pleasure working with you. Take Care & enjoy the rest of your summer. Cheers Kay & your Mold Guy Team

David from Toronto
David from Toronto

Kitchen mold

My wife and I discovered mold left behind from a leaky dishwasher. I have a 5 yr old son and my wife is pregnant so we were quite nervous. I called Kay and Ross and within the day they had an inspector come take a look and less than 24 hours later they had an amazing crew, Johnny and Justin, safely remove and dispose of it. The crew of Kay, Ross, Rob, Johnny and Justin are A + and we will only use this company going forward. Thanks!!!!

Dave and Nancy

Hey Nancy! Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review. Thank you Thank you for the business. Kay, Ross & the Mold Guy team.

More about The Mold Guy, Mold Detection & Removal

Mold Detection & Removal (Mold Inspections and Mold Removal) (Mould Inspections and Mould Removal)
We are a IICRC Certified Firm (the Gold Standard in Restoration). Our Mold Inspections, Indoor Air Quality Testing and Mold Removal services in Toronto and the surrounding GTA have been developed with years of practical experience and ongoing education. Our goal is to provide great service above and beyond that of our competitors.

From the first call to project end you can expect:

+ Easy Communication
+ Honesty
+ Reliability
+ Trouble Free Process
+ A Commitment of Excellence
+ A team that strives to save you Time, Money and most important, disruption to your personal life or place of business.

At The Mold Guy we’re not satisfied, unless you are! The Mold Guy prides itself in being your ethical Mold Inspections and Mold Removal professionals for Toronto and the surrounding GTA.

Once you suspect a Mold problem and make that first call you will talk to one of our Mold Professionals that can quickly help you understand the extent of the problem and schedule a Mold Inspection at a convenient time for you. We make the process systematic and most of all, calm and efficient.
Our Mold Detection (mould detection) Service starts with a Certified Mold Professional onsite to evaluate the extent of any Mold related problems.
Our Mold Inspectors will educate with mold facts which hopefully helps you relax and understand what’s next.
We will provide a written quote and go over the scope of repairs with you and make sure all your concerns have been addressed.
At The Mold Guy from top to bottom beginning to end, taking pride in what we do is our standard. We really do care! We’re not going to send anyone to work in your home or business that we wouldn't want working in ours. We believe in taking care of your home as we would take care of ours. Therefore as a company, we know you are getting the highest level of care and service which starts by talking to a company representative that knows Mold, not an answering service. We look forward to hearing from you!