Asr Moving Services

Reviews for Asr Moving Services

Allison in Toronto
Allison in Toronto

ASR moving

I had a same day moving need and ASR was fantastic, super responsive and accommodating! Price was competitive, movers were friendly and the experience was hassle free. I would absolutely recommend!

Erin in Brampton
Erin in Brampton

Unprofessional service

I was exceeding disappointed with this moving service. I initially found the person on the phone fairly accommodating; however, the things that were discussed were later gone back on.

The movers themselves were unprofessional. The person on the phone insisted the movers come for 9:00am and the movers did not show up until 10. The told me there was an hourly rate over the phone and this was what was quoted to me over email. They said if it less time, I would be charged for less. What ended up happening throughout the move was that the movers just seemed as though they were intentionally trying to go slower so as to increase the time for the move. For example, they seem to be unaware of the items to be moved, where they needed to be moved to, and the rate that had been previously quoted. They then spent significant time going through all of this information and I had to provide them with the documentation from the company (both verbally and then again in writing), even though this information had been provided to the company. Other moving companies I have used before have shared that information in advance with the movers.

They also claimed it would take over an hour and a half to return the truck, which I mapped and it would not take that length of time (nor did it take that amount of time to get to the storage locker and this move was not happening during rush hour). When I brought up that point, the movers claimed the distance to get back would be less time, but unloading the truck would take more time (they claimed it would take 45 minutes and it instead it took 10-15 minutes).

Throughout the move, they aggressively demanded that I pay the full amount, multiple times (even followed me to my car) before the service was completed (even though I was supposed to be paying an hourly rate and they would not have known the amount until the job was complete). The entire move (including allotting an hour and half for the movers to get back) took from 10 am to 2 pm - 4 hours. I was charged for five. When I argued this point, the movers insisted I pay for the 5 hours. I called immediately to bring up why this does not make sense. I left a message, but had to follow up with the company as they never responded. When I got through, the company said that they would not refund the hour additional charge. I explained why this did not make sense in terms of timing and they said they would call me back and they never did (they did have time to text and email me to write a review though). I tried to get a hold of them again and was unsuccessful.

For the move itself, they did not have their own door stoppers/ties for the doors or tape and instead used items from my place and asked me to provide them some tape. I had been told things would be wrapped. The job that was done was inadequate (they wrapped only some furniture items with a thin plastic and then they tossed on a few blankets on only a few pieces of furniture in the truck itself).

Overall, I would not recommend this moving company.

Erin we moved you from Hamilton to Concord Ontario. We offered you flat rate of $621 for 5 hours including HST and if takes more time you will pay more. I cannot attach the copy of the email otherwise i will show it to all the customer who will be reading this review as a proof.

You moved from Hamilton to Concord Ontario and everyone knows trucks go on 100 km per hour speed max and who long it takes to goto concord with QEW to 401 and Hwy 400 traffic . ( without using 407) and who long it takes to get back.

Your boxes and furniture were not labelled and no inventory list provided to us prior to moving date so we do need to ask you about what is moving.

When we gave you a flat rate for moving how can we refund the money and also it end up talking 4 hours and 45 mins in total. Please check your booking confirmation again to verify the details.

Private User reviews Niagara On The Lake, ON

Small move and moving and reassembling furniture and beds

For the most part a very positive experience.
This was a small move from a condo to a big house and involved moving a bed from the condo and rearranging the house on the other end.
Very friendly, efficient young men who worked well under our instructions.
Highly recommended for smaller moves

Moving service

Very good service professional and nice . They wrapped all the furniture stack properly in the truck. The crew is very helpful. I would like to recommend this company to anyone. Thanks ASR for making my Moving easier.

H in Etobicoke
H in Etobicoke

Unprofessional, extra costs, extremely slow, aggressive

They showed up 1.5 hours late, short staffed, and without wardrobe boxes as agreed upon. We basically had to do 90% of the work ourselves as the movers were so slow. They then tried to get extra money out of us as they said we had run out of time. They never mentioned that they were late and did little to no work. When I voiced my concern one of the movers threatened me. We then unloaded their truck, sent them on their way, and carried everything into our new place ourselves. Basically we hired them to drive a truck. I would not recommend them to anyone and have found many other reviews on other sites that concur with mine.

Karen Gold in Vaughan
Karen Gold in Vaughan

Moving Services

I needed to move some heavy furniture between 3 houses in my neighbourhood and I contacted ASR based on a family referral. Nic the Manager was very professional, quickly set terms with me and confirmed details. I received a call the night before and in the morning to confirm arrival. The 2 movers were polite, clean, and efficient. So easy to deal with. My move had no stress associated with it and my furniture was
treated gently and carefully. I highly recommend this service.

Bob in Etobicoke
Bob in Etobicoke

Nice moving company, affordable

These guys are awesome, they work very good and hard. Keep stufff safe and clean by using blankets.
Thanks to move me. I will suggest you guys to my friends

Thanks Bob. We Appreciate Your business

bhupinder in Toronto
bhupinder in Toronto

Moving fom whitby to barrie

I used asr moving systems to move my 2 bedroom house . These guys made my move easy ,they wrap my furniture and other items nicely , their service was pretty good and impressive. They un-assemble and assemble my bed and and tables properly . I recommend this company to everyone and i would like for thank company for its good service

Thanks bupinder. We appreciate your business

Sam in Etobicoke
Sam in Etobicoke

Move from toronto to parry sound

I hired asr movers, these guys are awesome. Work fast as much as they can. Cover each and everything with blankets and wrap them with shrink rape. Pack whole stuff properly. All in all i love their service and manager is very polite.

Hi Sam. Thanks and good luck with your new job.

Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Etobicoke?