Lancaster Custom Cabinets & Closets Inc.

Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design
225 McNaughton Rd East #4 Vaughan ON L6A4P5
Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design
Lancaster Custom Cabinets & Closets Inc.

Reviews for Lancaster Custom Cabinets & Closets Inc.

Private User reviews Ajax, ON

Amazed with the outcome

I love my closet!!! Thank you so much Irena and Lancaster for making my dreams come true. After interviewing other companies we decided to go with Lancaster based on referral from a friend and I am glad we did. It was a beautiful rewarding process. I am recommending Lancaster to anyone.

Nena in Vaughan
Nena in Vaughan

Kitchen Project

I am a repeated client with Lancaster because of quality and service. All the past project were done to my satisfaction but Lancaster has EXCEEDED my expectations with my Kitchen project!! From the first conversation with Debbie, the detail, the design to the finished touches and the workmanship everything was flawless. I have to say that I am very specific with the way i do things and they have made this process unbelievably easy and enjoyable. Thank you LANCASTER for the great experience again and again!!! I will keep recommending you to all my friends and family!!!

Michael Tomasone in Vaughan
Michael Tomasone in Vaughan

Custom Closet

Getting dressed in the morning used to be a hassle because there was no organization. A quick phone call to Lancaster and everything was sorted out!

I couldn't be happier with my custom built-in closet—which was completed perfectly and just the way it was initially designed. Despite not having the biggest closet, Lancaster's design somehow makes it feel and look bigger than before.

I highly recommend Lancaster for any project, especialy condo living!

Sarah Fowler  in Vaughan
Sarah Fowler in Vaughan

Kitchen, closets, vanities, laundry room, and wall unit

It is with full confidence that I recommend Lancaster Custom Cabinets & Closets for anyone considering high-end cabinetry for their home. From start to finish my husband and I have been extremely impressed with Debbie and her team. I have never worked with a company in the past that cares for their clients as much as this company does. Our closing date on our new home was delayed twice and Debbie was understanding of our situation and accommodated the schedule when we were ready to go. The delivery guys were gentle and professional - taking extra care of my new hardwood floors. Tom and his assistant were excellent and often I felt like they were one of our family. Our kids are the same age :) I am writing this review in my beautiful new kitchen and my sister's kitchen is also in production. Thank you Lancaster!

Hi Sarah, thank you so much for your lovely review. It was a pleasure working with you and Kyle during the entire project from start-to-finish and my team and I are thrilled that you are loving your new home. I will stop by for coffee soon! Debbie

Helen Pappas from Old Toronto
Helen Pappas from Old Toronto
3 reviews North York, ON

Big changes: not for the better!

What a horrible let down—we had our first custom master closet completed in 2014. This product was amazing and Dino did such a great job following up with us. Flash forward to 2017. The installer damaged my walls and broke my chandelier. I have been trying to get in touch with Ralph for over 6 weeks, and have had no response. They were to have sent someone to paint and caulk and to also pay for the damaged lightening. Dino no longer works with them, and it seems that they also don’t have a receptionist. Something has gone wrong, and I feel I make have to escalate my efforts. Please beware before you proceed with them for any work. It should not take this much effort to get in touch with the company via email or phone call.

Hi Helen, we are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the products we provided to your home, both past and present. Lancaster prides itself on quality workmanship and installation services. We apologize that our past employee, Dino Colozza, did not follow up regarding your closet installation in November of 2017. Ralph, the owner of Lancaster, was under the impression that his employee had taken care of this matter. As this is not the case, we will have someone follow up with you today. Please have all correspondence and documents that you shared with Dino available, so that we may better understand the issue and provide a satisfactory resolution.

Paula in North York
Paula in North York

Condo Kitchen Reno

I can't say enough great things about Lancaster and the kitchen they completed for me in my new condo. Renovation was done right on schedule and Debbie and her team worked to provide a final finished product. She was quite helpful and offered great service when I met with her at the showroom. I would recommend Debbie and Lancaster team to anyone any day!

Paul in Vaughan
Paul in Vaughan

Bathroom Reno

After the experience I had with Lancaster, I would not use them again. Between the timeline given when we signed the contract to the communication with our consultant to the little details on the final product, I feel there are better companies out there.

Lancaster's management team was excellent in dealing with issues that arose close to the end of the project, but our sales person was nowhere to be found. No one has called to date to ensure everything went smoothly with installation.

Speaking of installers, they are amazing. Very clean and professional.

Santina
Santina
1 review Mount Albert, ON

Full Kitchen and Closet Organizers for entire house.

We cannot say enough about Lancaster Custom Cabinets & Closets! We just moved into a brand new home where we designed our new kitchen & closets. From site measures, to selection, design, installation to the Gorgeous Finished product we would HIGHLY recommend them! Debbie Brown was such a pleasure to deal with and Tom the installer did a fabulous job making sure our dream kitchen came to life! Quality & professional! Thank you for everything!

Santina & Frank

Kimberly from Toronto
Kimberly from Toronto

Fireplace mantle and surround cabinetry

I hired this company based on the reviews on homestars. I don't usually write negative reviews but I feel compelled to based on the numerous issues I experienced. The job itself took six months to complete, months longer than it should have. After receiving the first design for approval, I went into the showroom to discuss and revise the design with my sales consultant. I thought I was making the process quick and easy by making this effort to physically come in for a discussion. This visit proved a waste a time as the next design that came through didn't reflect our discussion. I had to return to the showroom to discuss the design and this time I met with the true designer on staff and we came up with a design that everyone was comfortable with. While the design phase was bad, the install process was even worse. Before the install began, it was suggested to us that the cabinetry would be installed in one day. On the day our installation was scheduled for, the installer didn't arrive until 3pm. He didn't finish that day (not surprisingly). He came out two additional days, each for a few hours at a time and sadly always when my son was trying to nap!! We found out that the installer was terminated by Lancaster sometime after our job. The panels in our doors needed repainting and couldn't be installed with the cabinetry. We were told it would be another week to get the doors back from the painter. It would end up be another month before Lancaster would return with the doors to finish the job. If that wasn't enough, we had to have another company come out to measure and then install the stone around the fireplace. On the day they were scheduled to come, they didn't show up and they didn't have the decency to call to say they weren't coming. Talk about bad service!!! I wish I could say it was all worth it but the final job isn't great. Despite the work done by Lancaster to measure the space before the design was drafted, the fireplace isn't centered relative to where the original fireplace was and so it doesn't line up with the tile detail on the floor. We also had requested they use a material in the door panels that would allow a remote signal would pass through. This concept was understood by Lancaster but unfortunately the delivered product doesn't function very well so we have to open the cabinetry doors when using the remote. I think everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong and I wish I had another company for this job.

Hi Kimberly,

I am very sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the end result. I would like to start off by saying I was the true designer on your job and not just a sales consultant. In custom work there is always a designer and a detailer who work out all final measurements and details for production this is so across the board for all custom companies. In your case you were told that the production would take roughly 10 weeks for a painted finish and the design time depends on how many changes are made, in your case you sent me various changes after coming to finalize the design which resulted in our meeting with the detailer to ensure that we could do what you were asking for -- as it was a completely custom design feature that we had to manufacture and not pieces that could be ordered.
The install did not go smooth due to various reasons such as uneven walls and floors and the fireplace installer did not center the fireplace and had to go back to do so, therefore our installer was not able to complete the job as promised. We did our best to fit you into our schedule along the way to get the job done as soon as possible. We also did our very best to get back as soon as possible to do any service, but in your case the doors had to be sent back to paint finishing - this timing is out of our control due to its custom nature.
The feature of the remote signal passing through the painted material was not guaranteed to you as discussed as this is not something Lancaster offers but tried to delivery as requested.
As for the granite surround around the fireplace that is always out-sourced as we are not a granite or stone company (they template and then install shortly after, again this is the procedure across the board for all custom millwork companies which I also explained to you and you were aware of). It was also brought to your attention that the tile on the floor was not centered to your mantel or fireplace - so again you were aware of that. Finally, your install was completed roughly 3 months ago and you could have reached out to me to discuss your disappointment and frustration to see what could have been done but you did not do so.
Again, I am very sorry that you are disappointed but I feel Lancaster delivered what was promised to you and we took all the steps to get the job done right given the unexpected and unforeseen delays.

Best Regards, Beverly

Jurenda in Scarborough
Jurenda in Scarborough

Exceptional Walk-in Closet

From day one I have been blown away by the exceptional quality and service of Lancaster Homes. Dino came in to provide us with a quote to transform our den into a walk in closet. Within 24 hours we had a design and an appointment set up to see the showroom and to discuss the drawings. During our in-office consultation we were able to make changes as well as see a 3D version of the closet which definitely gave a better perspective on what to expect. Now to say I was excited for this closet would be an understatement, but my expectations were exceeded tenfold. The final product was sleek and the work was done with perfection. No doubt in my mind that we will be using Lancaster Homes for all our custom design work in the future.

More about Lancaster Custom Cabinets & Closets Inc.

Lancaster Custom Cabinets & Closets has been servicing the greater GTA and surrounding areas with its custom cabinetry and closets since 2008. With its family-oriented values and importance in customer service - Lancaster truly provides service and quality from start to finish. Their award-winning design team can create any cabinetry ...
Looking for Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design pros in Vaughan?