Diamond Home Inspection

Home Inspection
Beddington Calgary AB T3K 0R9
HomeStars  >  Home Inspection in Calgary  >  Diamond Home Inspection
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Diamond Home Inspection

He was very quick but very thorough. He explained ever details to us and made sure we understood what was being inspected. The inspection report came back during the evening on the same day, which is surprising for how much information he had written in the report. The report had photos, diagrams, explanation, everything you need to know about your house. He was just all around a nice guy too. A very enjoyable and educational experience.

Allison in Calgary

Egbert was very personable and knowledgeable. He went through the house from top to bottom as well as outside. He is extremely thorough and tells you what is typical, unusual, and also what is good about each area. His inspection report was very detailed and included pictures for reference. He was easy to reach, pricing was fair, and made the daunting task of a home inspection as prospective buyers more enjoyable than we expected. Highly recommended.

Job Price

Thanks for taking time during the busy buying process to write a review Allison. Always happy to help first time home buyers understand 'the job they are buying'. Enjoy it, I that second BBQ area will get lots of use!

Egbert went through the property from top to bottom with us and he explained all his finding. Were able to ask questions and were given answers that were honest and could be easily understood. As first time home buyers, we found this extremely helpful and really appreciated it.

At the end of the inspection we realized that we spent almost 4 hours going to tough each corner of the house. The report we received the next day was detailed and included pictures for reference. It was easy to read and had lots of information and recommendations.

We were extremely happy with the service we received and would happily recommend Diamond Home Inspection to anyone looking for a house inspection.

Job Price

Thanks for taking the time to write a review amidst the chaos of 'buying a job'! Glad I could help you with this process. It was great to meet you both.

Kristan and Ken from Calgary

Had Diamond in to help troubleshoot humidity in basement. Egbert was very friendly and easy going. Although no definitive source of the humidity was discovered, some unnoticed issues were pointed out by Egbert. Thanks to the extra pair of eyes, we will be rectifying these deficiencies.

Job Price

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Glad I was able to provides some help/direction.

Haibin
1 review Chestermere, AB

I hired Diamond Home Inspection to inspect a 4 year old home I was buying. Egbert was friendly and easy to deal with from the start. He did a very through job of inspecting the house, since it was such a new home, there wasn't any serious issues. But he did find plenty of small but important issues to be addressed.

What impressed me the most is what came after the inspection. I still kept the report from my previous home purchase. The inspection was done by Ameri-Spec. And the report was just a very general and useless one that doesn't have any details. The report that Egbert sent me was far superior. It detailed every issue and what's recommended for each issue. It even has pictures. He also answered my questions and sent a RecallChek report for all the appliances in the house.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the work and the excellent report he provided.

Job Price

Thanks for the review Haibin! I'm at a loss for words... and you know that doesn't happen much. Haha. It's nice to do an easy to inspect and write up house like yours once in while! Enjoy.

Simon Chan in Calgary

We purchased a new infill that was still under construction - nearing completion. Although it was a new build, I wanted to get a home inspection done to confirm it was built right from the ground up as a precautionary measure to prevent potential downstream post purchase headaches.

I hired Egbert because he was the highest rated inspector on Homestars and he still exceeded my expectations. He's knowledgeable, funny, and most importantly - THOROUGH!

We went through the entire property top to bottom and he educated me on how to properly address each deficiency identified along the way and managed to send me an interim report within 12 hrs and a final report within 24 hrs. The report describes each deficiency in great detail including photos, illustrations, and references to external materials (i.e. building codes, manufacturer instructions, etc) to back up his assessment.

I will not hesitate to recommend Egbert friends and family and intend to bring him back after 11 months to do another inspection for our 1 year new home warranty. It is money well spent in the grand scheme of things as it's always cheaper to address small issues before the become big problems.

Job Price

Thanks for the kind and generous review Simon. Glad we could get the inspection into the schedule, sorry for the delay in getting the report done... There's always stuff found during an inspection; doing the 11 month will be interesting to see how things we discovered were addressed! See you in Feb.

Dylan in Calgary

As a first-time home buyer purchasing a 52 year old home I wanted to make sure I had the best home inspector I could find. Egbert certainly lived up to his reputation and reviews and I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for an inspection. He was very thorough, funny, and walked you through everything he was doing and what he was looking for. He spent the better part of four hours performing the inspection, addressing all of my questions/concerns and left no stone unturned. I am very happy with his service and would definitely use him again.

Job Price

Thanks Dylan, always lucky when I can find someone who likes my jokes as well as my inspections. :D Enjoy the home, you know there's some work to do, but 'When you're buying a house, you're buying a job."

Dave in Calgary

Egbert was fantastic to work with on our first home purchase. Very thorough but also very clear about what you can and cannot expect from a home inspection. He was very patient with our questions and very happy to discuss our concerns at great length. He was even happy to respond to several emails with follow-up questions after the inspection was complete. I highly recommend Egbert and wish him all the best with his business!

Job Price

Thanks Dave. It exciting for me too when its my clients' first house. Great clients make my job worthwhile!

Shannon and Justin in Toronto

This was our first home buying experience. Being from Ontario, we were not aware of some Calgary home's quirks and qualities. Egbert did an extremely thorough job in inspecting our first home. Our situation was unique in that we were renting the home prior to taking possession. So before moving in, we had our inspection done by Egbert. He made us feel comfortable with the sticky stuff we might not have understood if he didn't take the time to explain it to us in simple terms. Not only did his knowledge and experience comfort us during our first home purchase, his jokes and uplifting nature also made it all quite easy. With the home being built in 2009 we did not expect any major problems, however we ran into a few small issues. We called Ebgert back to come and inspect the property for a piping issue under the stair landing in our unfinished basement. This was something that Egbert could not have seen during the initial inspection, however we were having a strong sewage/sulphur smell coming up through those pipes. We took the stair landing off so that we could have the pipes inspected further. Egbert graciously came back to write another report for those pipes, as previously stated, we were renting the property prior to owning - so we required this report in order to negotiate a lesser house price. We were so thankful Egbert came back to further inspect the pipes, in such a timely manner as well. Egbert wrote an extremely detailed report to submit to our lawyer.
Again, we can't thank Egbert enough for coming back to inspect our property after the initial inspection. It is great to have someone like him on your side with his expertise.
- Shannon and Justin

Job Price

Hey Guys, thanks for the review. It was certainly an interesting experience and am glad to be of service.

Ben and Ceyda F. in Calgary

Egbert was very helpful when we were purchasing our first house in December 2016. He was fantastic and knowledgable. He took his time to explain us everything that we need to know about our house in person and also provide us a very detailed report. Recall Check service is a bonus for us as we found out the dishwasher was recalled last year. Also, he found some stuff in the house that saved us some money before buying it. We definitely recommend him to our friends and families.

Thanks Egbert!

Job Price

Thanks for the review guys! I always love working with first time home buyers. I know three and half hours can be a long time and there's lots to learn, but that's why I write the report (but aren't you glad there's no test (for you guys) at the end!) Congratulations on the purchase.

More about Diamond Home Inspection

Invest in a Diamond Home Inspection and make an informed choice when buying your new home.
I am committed to providing the best inspection experience for my clients. I have a background in construction, internationally recognized training, national inspector association affiliations and a thirst for continued education.
Regsitered, Certified, Bonded, Licensed, and I love my job!