HomeStars  >  Home Inspection in Calgary  >  Diamond Home Inspection

Reviews for Diamond Home Inspection

Seth

Egbert Jager is a highly skilled Home Inspector. This is the second time I am working with him and both the times his service was second to none and the inspection report very detailed.
He is very friendly, witty and is always ready to answer your questions and educate you in the process. I will definitely recommend him for any one who needs a high quality inspection.

henders

Egbert did a very thorough and thoughtful inspection of an older house we were considering. He was a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend!

Thanks for the review guys! Pretty awesome to find so many square feet and so much garage space in the inner city. Enjoy your home!

Mz.Forbez in Calgary

I was so happy we had Egbert do our home inspection. We were given a very short frame of time to get the inspection done and he was very flexible to meet our needs. Egbert was very friendly and upbeat the whole inspection and his jokes were definitely a high light. The inspection was very thorough and he took time to explain all issues and minor concerns that might come up. He even sent us a write up with photos of everything he took note of. We have been using that write up as a check list for fixing up our home.

The attic opening was too small to get into, and there is a deck over living space that he was unable to get to in the inspection. He asked us to let him know if we ever opened either up, so he could come take a look (even if it was just to satisfy his own curiosity). It made us feel like he genuinely cared about us as clients. I will definitely be referring friends and family to Egbert if they need a home inspection.

Glad to help you figure out how big a.job you were buying. And thank you for the great review. I look forward to seeing you again to help review the attic spaces!

He was very quick but very thorough. He explained ever details to us and made sure we understood what was being inspected. The inspection report came back during the evening on the same day, which is surprising for how much information he had written in the report. The report had photos, diagrams, explanation, everything you need to know about your house. He was just all around a nice guy too. A very enjoyable and educational experience.

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review, it was nice to come back from vacation and find this! Its easy to work with a great couple like you two. \\enjoy your new home!

Allison in Calgary

Egbert was very personable and knowledgeable. He went through the house from top to bottom as well as outside. He is extremely thorough and tells you what is typical, unusual, and also what is good about each area. His inspection report was very detailed and included pictures for reference. He was easy to reach, pricing was fair, and made the daunting task of a home inspection as prospective buyers more enjoyable than we expected. Highly recommended.

Thanks for taking time during the busy buying process to write a review Allison. Always happy to help first time home buyers understand 'the job they are buying'. Enjoy it, I that second BBQ area will get lots of use!

Egbert went through the property from top to bottom with us and he explained all his finding. Were able to ask questions and were given answers that were honest and could be easily understood. As first time home buyers, we found this extremely helpful and really appreciated it.

At the end of the inspection we realized that we spent almost 4 hours going to tough each corner of the house. The report we received the next day was detailed and included pictures for reference. It was easy to read and had lots of information and recommendations.

We were extremely happy with the service we received and would happily recommend Diamond Home Inspection to anyone looking for a house inspection.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review amidst the chaos of 'buying a job'! Glad I could help you with this process. It was great to meet you both.

Kristan and Ken from Calgary

Had Diamond in to help troubleshoot humidity in basement. Egbert was very friendly and easy going. Although no definitive source of the humidity was discovered, some unnoticed issues were pointed out by Egbert. Thanks to the extra pair of eyes, we will be rectifying these deficiencies.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Glad I was able to provide some help/direction.

Haibin
1 review Chestermere, AB

I hired Diamond Home Inspection to inspect a 4 year old home I was buying. Egbert was friendly and easy to deal with from the start. He did a very through job of inspecting the house, since it was such a new home, there wasn't any serious issues. But he did find plenty of small but important issues to be addressed.

What impressed me the most is what came after the inspection. I still kept the report from my previous home purchase. The inspection was done by Ameri-Spec. And the report was just a very general and useless one that doesn't have any details. The report that Egbert sent me was far superior. It detailed every issue and what's recommended for each issue. It even has pictures. He also answered my questions and sent a RecallChek report for all the appliances in the house.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the work and the excellent report he provided.

Thanks for the review Haibin! I'm at a loss for words... and you know that doesn't happen much. Haha. It's nice to do an easy to inspect and write up house like yours once in while! Enjoy.

Simon Chan in Calgary

We purchased a new infill that was still under construction - nearing completion. Although it was a new build, I wanted to get a home inspection done to confirm it was built right from the ground up as a precautionary measure to prevent potential downstream post purchase headaches.

I hired Egbert because he was the highest rated inspector on Homestars and he still exceeded my expectations. He's knowledgeable, funny, and most importantly - THOROUGH!

We went through the entire property top to bottom and he educated me on how to properly address each deficiency identified along the way and managed to send me an interim report within 12 hrs and a final report within 24 hrs. The report describes each deficiency in great detail including photos, illustrations, and references to external materials (i.e. building codes, manufacturer instructions, etc) to back up his assessment.

I will not hesitate to recommend Egbert friends and family and intend to bring him back after 11 months to do another inspection for our 1 year new home warranty. It is money well spent in the grand scheme of things as it's always cheaper to address small issues before the become big problems.

Thanks for the kind and generous review Simon. Glad we could get the inspection into the schedule, sorry for the delay in getting the report done... There's always stuff found during an inspection; doing the 11 month will be interesting to see how things we discovered were addressed! See you in Feb.

Dylan in Calgary

As a first-time home buyer purchasing a 52 year old home I wanted to make sure I had the best home inspector I could find. Egbert certainly lived up to his reputation and reviews and I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for an inspection. He was very thorough, funny, and walked you through everything he was doing and what he was looking for. He spent the better part of four hours performing the inspection, addressing all of my questions/concerns and left no stone unturned. I am very happy with his service and would definitely use him again.

Thanks Dylan, always lucky when I can find someone who likes my jokes as well as my inspections. :D Enjoy the home, you know there's some work to do, but 'When you're buying a house, you're buying a job."

More about Diamond Home Inspection

When you are buying a house you are buying a job. Invest in a Diamond Home Inspection and make an informed choice when buying your new home.
I am committed to providing the best inspection experience for my clients. I have a background in construction, internationally recognized training, national inspector association affiliations and a thirst for continued education.
Registered, Certified, Bonded, Licensed, and I love my job!