Note: I am a real person & this is a real review.
I am writing you as a means to document my experience w/Eco Choice doors, your installers & you. I will post this honest & detailed review online, shortly.
1. I am very unhappy w/my door. Not only does the door NOT look like the pictures shown to me both online & in the printed brochure, from the outside of the house the glass pane appears green. Again, the glass from the outside appears green & not clear. I was never told the glass would NOT be clear nor was I shown an accurate depiction of the door I was to receive.
2. Only one of the installers could speak English. I was not able to communicate at all w/the non-speaking installer. He suggested I talk to the other installer, who spent most of the time he was at my home shouting & arguing very loudly either on his cell or directly at/with the second installer. Very unprofessional behavior, very annoying & very unexpected. Furthermore, the installers arrived almost 2 hrs. late. I did NOT receive a call from your office; infact, I called your office twice. I didn't receive either an explanation or an apology from anyone at Eco Choice.
3. I was presented w/a comment form to fill out, which I partially completed only after inspecting the "final" result of the door installation. The form was given to me before the job was completed rather than after, which I understand is standard procedure. The 1st installer was still applying caulking & the job site had NOT be cleaned from the inside or outside when the form was given to me.
4. The work site was NOT cleaned before the caulking was applied around the ext. of the door. The installer suggested to me that he had swept the area thoroughly. He had not. I swept the driveway, which was covered in saw dust. I swept the front porch, which was covered in saw dust. Due to great amounts of saw dust still being present on the front porch it ended up on the black caulking. Again, the work site should have been properly & throughly cleaned before ext. caulking was applied. Am I, the customer, expected to leave the front porch filthy dirty for a minimum of four days while the caulking is drying? Also, I have two very large flower planters as well as a large colored mat & a smaller black mat placed on my porch. Am I, the customer, expected to leave these decorative items to the side while the caulking is drying? If the porch was cleaned thoroughly there would NOT have been an issue at all. The items would have been placed down where they belong & the black caulking would NOT be covered in saw dust. Additionally, I spent 45 mins. cleaning the interior entryway of my home. NOT acceptable!
5. The installer was very argumentative; instead of admitting his mistakes, apologizing & moving on he continued to argue w/me. I found his behavior greatly upsetting & very unprofessional!
6. The work area was NOT properly or thoroughly cleaned after the installation was allegedly completed. The work area should be left in the same state of cleanliness in which it was found. As the paying customer, it is NOT acceptable for you to expect me to pay you thousands of dollars then clean up after you.
7. I do NOT have to prove anything to you. I am the CUSTOMER you are the SERVICE PROVIDER. It is you & NOT I that is required to provide evidence that the door depicted in the pictures & the door I agreed to purchase are one & the same. You have a great deal of nerve asking me to provide you w/online reference pictures of a Pinehurst Entry Door to prove my argument. It should be noted that your brochure pictures are misleading & inaccurate. One could, if they wanted to, accuse you of false advertising.
8. During our in-home consultation, I stated to you in no uncertain terms that I wanted the wrought iron to pop, to be crisp, to NOT be lost in the glass. We decided against the sand-blasted option & instead went w/the "clear", textured glass option, which you assured me would provide the result I was after. It did NOT!
9. The interior of the installed door is not white; rather, it appears to be a very unattractive off-white w/a cool, pale blue cast. I asked for a white door, one would assume that means pure white.
In conclusion, your installers were exceedingly late, unprofessional & dirty; the wrought iron does not pop, but is lost in the door itself & can hardly been seen; the glass pane appears green from the exterior rather than clear; the int. white side of the door has an unattractive blue cast to it; your promotional materials are misleading & inaccurate; you asked me to prove my case to you rather than you prove to me that the contract was honored & I received the service / door I purchased.
FYI, my family purchased the house next door to mine; Eco Choice recently installed an entry door at that property as well. From the inside, the entry door is also an unattractive off-white, w/a blue cast. Again, the int. door is not a true white one would assume it would be.
I cannot stress enough how upsetting this experience has been. At this point, I would NOT recommend your company to anyone.