Imperial Energy

Majid in Toronto
Majid in Toronto
2 reviews , ON

# furnaces & 3 Air conditioner & duct works & gas line

I used “Imperial Energy” services for my new house in North York, Toronto. They have installed two new furnaces & two new air conditioners (also one of each my old ones) plus the duct work & gas lines.
Overall their performance had so many flaws (Enbridge inspection took many visits to pass) & their subtrades were not efficient, missing duct closing (causing foam insulation into ducts- picture), wrong frame-opening for typical wall grills (causing redoing the drywalls - picture), installing the HRV unit at head-height (there is room above - picture), caulking & patching the holes through the walls were never done.
They have a contract like car dealership’s (small writing in pages), also they have a collection agency set up for their contracts.
So many things were extra during construction at their own nonnegotiable rates, and my job’s completion was hostage for the payments.
I felt they are more developed & organized in how to get more money in shortest way than providing decent service.

Thank you for sharing this information. It's unfortunate to hear that you had experienced these type of issues during your interaction with our company.
Imperial Energy is committed to providing excellent customer service while performing professional work and therefore we feel that the general public will need to see beyond this review to judge for themselves.
Our company had entered into a contract with this client in 2016 and the construction work was completed in 2017.
In any HVAC type of work for new construction, given the amount of changes that are normally done to the mechanical plans during the construction period, it is quite normal to fail inspection. This is simply due to the changes made during the construction to accommodate other site requirements. In this case, the mechanical design was done based on a single dwelling property with three furnaces, but given that the client wanted to illegally turn the property into a triplex multi dwelling, he didn't want to create the new walls for his two basement apartments and therefore we had to leave out some of the wall returns until his walls were built. This was the reason that the work did not pass inspection at first attempt.
The client had an opportunity to review the contract before signing it with its complete list of additional charges for gas line which was not included in the scope of the contract. After completion of the work, he asked for further discount on the gas line work and although were were not legally obligated to provide him with any discount, we decided to reduce the charges to help him with his over-budget construction project.
The final payment on any residential new-construction contract is due on the day of installation of outdoor condensers. This information is clearly written on the payment schedule provided and agreed and signed by the client. However, the client failed to pay at that point claiming that he now wants to live in the house for another month before he pays. We had explained to the client that there is a one year parts and labour warranty from the completion of his work and he is entitled to use this warranty as long as he clears his final balance. Given that as of today, the client has not paid his final balance, his account is under suspension until a full payment is received. As per contract, we had forwarded this account to our collection agency and legal team for recovery.
Imperial Energy is dedicated to customer service excellence and transparency and would encourage everyone to ensure that they understand their contractual obligations before signing any contract. Once a contract is signed with us, we will fulfill all of our contractual obligations and will enforce any part of the contract deemed necessary to ensure the payments are recovered. In this case, Imperial Energy has gone over an beyond its contractual obligations to ensure we satisfy this client but since the final payment was never made by the client, we had no choice but to suspend the account and start the recovery action.
The client can contact our accounting department by email at [email protected] and obtain an up to date statement to payoff the account and reinstate his services under the original agreement.

n.garcia
n.garcia

Boiler Installation

My boiler died during died during the height of winter, and left my family without heat or hot water. My cousin, who had previous dealings with Imperial Energy, strongly recommended them as the contractor of choice. I heeded his advice and called them.
Imperial treated my emergency situation as it was - an emergency. The same day, they requested I send them pictures of the boiler room so they can begin their planning. Early the next day a technician came to my home and took several measurements of the boiler room. The following day, the crew arrived and had the new combi unit installed. In just over 48 hours after making the initial phone call, I once again had heat in my home and my emergency was resolved.

Several aspects of Imperial certainly stood out, and left a lasting impression:
1) Their prompt response to my situation - It was a priority to me, and with their sense of urgency, it made me feel like it was a similar priority to them
2) Informative - They provided me with several solutions, as well as flexibility for financing these solutions.
3) Committed - They committed to their word of completing the installation on the same day the crew arrived. The crew arrived around 11am and estimated a 6-hour job. They ran into some obstacles, but instead of returning the next day to finish up, the crew worked until nearly 1am to get the job done for us! AMAZING.

I am so grateful Imperial Energy was referred to me. Because of this company, a frustrating emergency situation was handled very promptly and professionally.
Without a doubt, I would work with Imperial Energy for any future work or consultation.

Highly recommended.

NG, Scarborough

It is our goal to earn trust the old fashioned way, with proper application of hard work and professionalism. Thank you for acknowledging our attention to that goal.

mikeym
mikeym
1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Furnace replacement

The employees were there ahead of time which was great because the house was very cold. The job was finished in the time frame mentioned by the employees.

We appreciate your taking the time to write this, we work hard to be professional and timely.

Maurey from Toronto
Maurey from Toronto

Great Service, fair prices

After another company diagnosed a problem with our furnace, their price seemed very high ($1200 for parts), and they were adding extra costs for shipping ($270 and would be a few days) and high labour costs to replace an engine, I decided to ask around for prices as we were approaching $2000 with tax. I'm glad I did. I contacted Imperial and I told them what was wrong. They gave me their prices and they were much lower (about $890 installed and $50 for shipping), so I asked them to replace it. They rushed it and were able to replace it the next day. However, once they replaced it they realized that it wasn't the motor as diagnosed by the first company but the control board. Their team quickly did a bunch of research to find the best option going forward and gave us quotes for the work. They were also very sypathetic of the costs we'd already sunk into fixing it and tried to come up with an economically sound solution. They gave us some cheaper options, but we elected to go for a surer, safer, and more energy efficient route. In the end, we replaced the entire unit and are very happy with their quick, professional and reasonably priced service.

it was a pleasure to work with you to solve your problem, thank you for your great review

bzapalski
bzapalski

Furnace / AC

Great service with attention to detail and all smiles throughout - highly recommend this company and their services to all!

Thank you we appreciate the kind words

Dave in Mississauga
Dave in Mississauga
2 reviews Boucherville, QC

BEST INSTALL, SERVICE, SUPPORT, AND RELATIONSHIP!!! SO HAPPY!!!

**Updated a month after install...IL BLOWN AWAY!! My gas bill in Dec was $350 because my old furnace was on all the time and still my home wasn’t comfortable. I just got my enbridge bill and it was $198!!! This system has more than paid for itself!!! I’m over the moon happy and we’re so much more comfortable!

Original review**I was tasked with shopping for a new furnace and AC for our house and I started out completely overwhelmed. I started making calls to what looked the large HVAC companies to get recommendations and quotes. I put in a HomeStars request for Quote at midnight on Saturday and received an email from Bruce and Travis at Imperial Enegery within the hour and a call the next morning on a Sunday which blew me away! They came the next day to take a look at my home to see what equipment I need. To be totally honest, It's really hard to know who to trust in terms of the quality of their work, the price, and the after sales support when all these guys from different companies came over and talked about how their product is better than the rest. Bruce and Travis were different from the start. It didn't feel like they weren't just there to make a sale (which isn't a bad thing because at the end of the day everyone needs the sale but with the "other guys" but makes it hard to know who to trust). Bruce and Travis were so patient and curious at my current experience, what my goals were, and spent ALOT of time educating me on what to look for and why those details are important. To be honest I was a pretty difficult customer - I shopped around ALOT (too much lol) and as i got conflicting info from the "other guys" I called Bruce and he was never offended that I got other quotes, in fact he encouraged me to seek the education I need and reassured me he'll be there for me to help me make the right decision.

After a long 2 weeks, Bruce and Travis hung in there for me as I ran around the HVAC market and ultimately came right back. I felt good about going with them because they were so confident on helping me reach my goals which were better and consistent comfort throughout my home (I had huge cold spots upstairs over the garage and basement). ! day after we confirmed the contract, 3 guys came over to do the install. They were also AMAZING. So courteous, polite, and transparent. There was unplanned obstacle in getting the massive 3" intake and exhaust out but they came up with a great solution and completed the install. They even stand until after 10PM to test everything to make sure it was working and that we'd be comfortable. We were so indebted to their time and energy. Also Bruce made financing so easy, it literally took 5 minutes and before I knew it I had very affordable monthly payments which I'll honestly get most of it back with the new system. I went with the Tran XC95M and XR14 AC and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! the comfort in the home is AMAZING and I can't even hear the furnace running anymore. We're just so happy!!

I honestly can't believe all the nights of sleep i lost when i started looking at reviews online to read that some people had installers asked for more money and had issues wshortly after the install, etc. The best advice I ever got online is that 70% of your decision should be WHO installed it, and 30% should be what brand you go with. I would even say 90% important who installs and that they do it to optimize the current configuration and air balance. Stop your search and hire these guys. you will not regret it. Best guarantees on install and equipment, they contact the energy auto for you, they have a very competitive price, and last but not least are so king, skilled, and pleasant. I feel like we struck gold with these guys and feel like a champ with the wife that I found a great group of people to take care of us!

What can we say other than thank you and what a pleasure to know you feel this way. We always try hard to be professional and bring comfort.

pb in Toronto
pb in Toronto

Furnace and Hot Water Tank Replacement

They were great and easy to work with. I called at 6 pm and they were able to replace the furnace and hot water tank the next day! Clean and professional. Great service!

It was a pleasure to work with you as Well, thank you

Heating System

I needed a new heating system and this company offered detailed effective and efficient in home service.
They are extremely professional and responds promptly to all your requests and questions. They provide information on rebates beneficial to the customers and ensure full understanding and comfort.

Thank You we always try to be professional and provide what ultimately we are all after and that is COMFORT!

Naeem in Toronto
Naeem in Toronto

Replace Furnace and Duct Work

I needed to replace my furnace and change the duct work because I'm finishing my basement. Imperial worked very closely with me to re-route the ducts and I had very particular requirements. They worked closely with me to ensure the ducts were routed the way I wanted and they did not give up or complain. I appreciated that.

They also explained the rebate program and did the legwork to make that happen.

I highly recommend Imperial.

Naeem

we appreciate your business and your kind words

Neville in Toronto
Neville in Toronto

Gas Furnace and Gas Stove Inst6allation

The people of Imperial were very professional ..there was no confusion
on what I wanted and how much it would cost ;explaining all details rebates Audit Inspection etc. these men have integrity and are honourable; they will do what they say ..there is hope for the human race
after all.
Kind Regards

Neville &Juliette De Abreu

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUCH NICE COMMENTS

More about Imperial Energy

For over a decade Imperial Energy has been providing heating and cooling solutions to residential and commercial customers across the Greater Toronto Area. We offer a wide array of HVAC products and services along with professional Mechanical Engineering from our in-house certified Professional Engineers. We know that a reputation for excellence must be earned every day and we are committed to increasing customer satisfaction. That is why we offer top quality installations, reliable and accessible post-sale support, along with straight forward pricing.