Big Al's Aquarium Services - Edmonton

Aquariums & Aquarium Services
EDMONTON AB T5A 0P7
HomeStars  >  Aquariums & Aquarium Services in Edmonton  >  Big Al's Aquarium Services - Edmonton

Reviews for Big Al's Aquarium Services - Edmonton

1 review Edmonton, AB

Fish and aquarium accessories

I have spent over $2000 in aquariums and fish and accessories. Most of staff knows me and are great and very knowledgeable and helpful. However, the Manager at this store is an unhelpful, rude and arrogant prick. I used to shop here often but recently purchased 2 bubble wands with led lights and one of them the lights burned out after two weeks...The girl I bought them from said to bring it back and she would help me as I misplaced my receipt.When I came in she wasn't there and the manager was. Won't exchange it even though it's in the computer from when I bought it 2 weeks prior!

Melissa from Edmonton
Melissa from Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Aquarium & Fish

I love the selection of Big Al's, staff seems knowledgeable for the most part. It takes time to know about fish and products so new staff will answer the questions I find he best they can but everyone learns as they go. I like the selection of fresh water and they are the first store I've been in that WILL NOT sell fish that they just got in. I would recommend this place to anyone. I know of people that belong to local fish club in Edmonton that shop here as it's one of the top stores to buy fish.

Christina from Edmonton
Christina from Edmonton
1 review , AB

The worst products and service ever

Big Al's aquarium super centers is the worst place to buy fish and products. The employees don't know anything about what they are selling and the managers are even worse. They are so cheap they fight with you about a simple refund just to save a few dollars. I recommend buying fish and products from a family owned business and not a franchise. I am so unhappy with the service at big Al's in Edmonton. Everything is way too expensive and not worth the diseases your tank will get if you buy from big Al's.

Blaine Hamilton in Edmonton
Blaine Hamilton in Edmonton
15 reviews Edmonton, AB

Help for novice aquatic care

Couldn't keep my fish from passing away repeatedly. A couple of trips to Big Al's, some water testing, some conditioning supplies, a biofilter top-up, some plants, and the fish are now happy and healthy. Good prices and better knowledge you find at the big box stores.

JoAnn Veldhuis in Edmonton
JoAnn Veldhuis in Edmonton
5 reviews EDMONTON, AB

Fish tank, accessories, fish and fish food

We were buying a tank for my son for Christmas. We had done some research and we knew what kind of fish we wanted. The staff helped us from start to finish. They answered all our questions. We live on the North side but drive to the south side just to by food and accessories. They are the BEST.

Kyra Chenenkoff in Edmonton
Kyra Chenenkoff in Edmonton
6 reviews EDMONTON, AB

Buying Aquarium

I absolutely LOVE Big Al's! I was shocked when I found that they had not yet been entered in homestars, because for exotic fish and aquarium services, they are handsdown the best!

Everytime I've been to Big Al's, they've given me great customer service. In the back of the large store, they have their tank and fish experts which are always availble to answer questions, and offer suggestions to aid your tank.

Big Al's is extremely kid friendly, and the entire atmosphere is really positive and enjoyable. I was there to get my first tank, and I have returned many times over the last year. While I don't think that I will ever get a tank custom made for me, I certainly trust the wonderful people at Big Al's to make it well!