VanCity HD Technologies

Maureen in
Maureen in
1 review Burnaby, BC

Tv mounting service

Van city Hd did a wonderful job mounting 2 Tv's for me in my apartment. The work is clean and the installers were great. It is much better then I ever expected. Thank you for the great service, I will be sure to recommend this company to all my family and friends.

Maureen

1 review North Vancouver, BC

be warned working with this company

My family used this company a few times in 2013-2015 with no problems. But they just installed two TVs in Feb 2017 but the installation was poor, their price double what it used to be, an installer who smelled of alcohol on the job and customer service that leaves you feeling second rate. Despite repeated requests to fix their installation, they made me wait for them a few times and they never arrived. They do not commit to what they say they will do, they don't stand by their work and they will leave a bad taste in your mouth. I will never use this company again and would highly recommend for other consumers to stay away from this company.

SMay in
SMay in

Consistently great work!

If you want quality work, these are the guys to call. We had vancity hd install our tv several years ago, and were so pleased that it was an easy decision to call them again last week when my husband decided to upgrade our whole entertainment system. Jason and Miro did an amazing job and we have already gotten a lot of compliments from our guests over the weekend. Thank you!

Kennedy  in Vancouver
Kennedy in Vancouver
1 review Port Moody, BC

Would recommend over others

These guys came installed 2 TV's in my home. One in my living room about my fireplace, and one in my bedroom. The price was Reasonble since unlike their competitions where I purchased my tv they knew what they were doing and the wait for install was not 4 weeks. Alot of people are complaining about costs but we live in Vancouver people nothing is cheap, you get what you pay for, its labour, if you want cheap youll get cheap. They came oighly recommended by a friend. recommend these guys To anyone.

David Bass in San Francisco
David Bass in San Francisco
1 review Burnaby, BC

TV Mounting Experts Great Service

Hired VanCity HD Technologies and their technicians for the second time in 3years. They helped me remove my 2 TVs and safely transport them to my new location. They wrapped my 2 TVs including my baby a 75" Samasung LED. They moved my TVs with 2 technicians Miro and Jason with more care than any movers.

They arrived at my new place and suggested using IR repeaters to hide my devices so they would not be in sight. I was weary because I am not too technical but gave them the go ahead. The results were WOW. Awesome picture and no electronics showing (Shaw box, Apple TV and PS4 hidden). My sono playbar finally works worh all my devices My remotes also all work and I am the envy of all my friends. The finished product is awesome and I have recommended VanCity HD to all my friends. Do your self a favor and call the best. A+

Thanks for reading.

Dario L. in Vancouver
Dario L. in Vancouver

TV mounting

I would highly recommend VancityHD! We live in an older house with plaster walls which are, as we have found out, very brittle and difficult to work with. To make things even more complicated we wanted our new tv mounted above our fireplace where the in-wall studs are placed vertically, horizontally, and diagonaly so having cables disguised in wall without damaging the wall "would be impossible" as we were told by two previous installers who attempted the job and had to leave unsuccessfully. Thankfully we were referred to VancityHD by some of our friends. These guys really know what they are doing!! Miro and Jason came on time, assessed the situation and immediately had a clever solution to this problem. I don't want to reveal too much of their trade secrets but the walls have no damage, the cables are not visible, and our new tv looks like a painting above our fireplace. Very pleased with their work and professionalism!! Thank you VancityHD, I will definitely recommend you to all my friends!

Leon in Coquitlam
Leon in Coquitlam
1 review Greater Vancouver, BC

Poor service, unreasonably high price!

Charged me over $627 for two TV wall mounting (Cables have been roughed, the charge was only for mounting service!!). One bolt on the wall actually came off after less than two months, and also the cable box sticked back of the tv fell off. Tried to call, message, and email Robert WIlson, who is the owner of this business, but they never replied again and rejected all my calls after I told him there was a problem I requested to be fixed. Very poor customer service. Now I have to call another tech to re-install and fix the frame to make it secure. Never trust them in TV wall mounting!

Lola C from Vancouver
Lola C from Vancouver

TV Mounting

Vancity HD did a TV mounting or me 3 years ago with no issue. I moved, and decided to use them again. Via email we set up an appointment for June 16th in the morning. I took the time off work and waiting for them, but they never showed up. I emailed, and there had been a scheduling mixup on their end. They asked if they could come later in the week and offered a $50 credit towards the install. I was unable to take a second morning off work, but my babysitter was home. Note that during the email exchange they explained that a basic install for 2 TVs would be less than an hour, and a Gold install would take 1.5 hours each (3 hours.) They arrived the second time, and were in and our in under an hour, so I just missed them when I came home. Imagine my surprise when they billed my credit card for almost $800 dollars! I checked the invoice, and saw that not only had they not issued the $50 credit, but had charged me for 2 Gold installs. I sent an email immediately, because I assumed it was simply an invoicing mistake on their end. No reply. I emailed again, and this time they replied that they had done the Gold installs. I told them they had been in and our in less than an hour, and I hadn't requested a Gold install. They replied that they had cleared the extra charges with the babysitter. She denies this, obviously, and in the past has always called me if there has been any question with services done in the home. She wouldn't suddenly OK a couple extra hundreds of dollars. I am so unbelievably disappointed.

Kaay from Vancouver
Kaay from Vancouver

TV Mounting

Awesome Service, I called in and they came in the first hour.
Hooked everything up in my house, was friendly, knowledgeable and definitely knew what they were doing. After they finished the job they were telling my fiance that they do more than tv mounting, also security camera set-up. I would recommenced them to anyone! Same day service, fast and sufficient!!

Vanesa from Maple Ridge
Vanesa from Maple Ridge
1 review Maple Ridge, BC

Tv installation

We hired Vancity HD to install two TVs in our home. When contacting the owner directly, we were told it would be the cost of $500 for two of their gold packages. They arrived at the house at 10am, it was the business owner Rob and his employ, immediately they started with telling us that our wall mounts would not be suitable for TVS, and that we had to purchase two wall mounts from their business (costing $300). We agreed as we thought we could just return the wall mounts we had purchased and still proceed with the installment that afternoon. They started with the tv upstairs, where if they weren't ignoring us, they were arguing with each other over how they were going to do the installment, including swearing at each other and belittling each other in front of us, and our children. They did not inform us with what was being done completely or what they were doing that was not included in our package. After fully installing the television upstairs, they went for lunch. When they came back, they started with the tv downstairs, where not only was our wall mount not going to work, but they didn't like the shelf we had selected either, that it would be "too hard to work with" and said we need to purchase one from them. After some disagreement, the owner Rob said he would give us the shelf, because they "didn't want us to feel like they were just costing us more money". They continued to install that television, and completed the project around 4pm. They packed up ready to go, and then came to tell us that the bill was $1200.00. Despite our better judgement, we paid them, took the receipt and they went on their way. We then realized that a lot of that they had done we had not been consulted on for price, but had been mentioned when they said it would "look good" during the installation (ex outlet relocation). As well as had been over charged by $60.00. We contacted VanCity HD immediately the same day to notify them of the mistake, offering them to refund the amount over CC, which they declined and said wasn't possible, so they would send us a cheque in the mail. Over the next few days we noticed things starting to go wrong with the tv upstairs. Wires were not hooked in properly, speakers were left not even plugged in, systems unplugged ext. There had also been a majority of the equipment we had provided them with left untouched, and theirs installed, costing us additional money. Then with the tv downstairs, their outlets were uneven and the shelf now tilted down, resulting us in using our original shelf we had purchased before installation. A few weeks later, with no cheque, we messaged them again, where the owner Rob had responded that he forgot to send the cheque and if we could give all our CC info he would do the refund. Not very comfortable or happy with how things were going thus far, we declined and asked for him to proceed with sending the cheque, which he responded that he would send one of the next day and asked for our address (a little confused at the question, considering he should already know our address if he actually meant to send us a refund on the day of installation which was May 3rd/14), that was on June 17, 2014. June 29th/14 comes along and still no cheque, so we contacted Rob again asking what was going on, and he forgot again, and proceeded to ask for our CC information again. We told him that this was ridiculous and we did not have enough confidence in his company to hand over such personal information and he could send us a cheque, to which he responded "cheers". Its now July 14th/14 and still no response or cheque. This matter has gotten completely ridiculous and we find it total un professional of them for their lack of communication and the lack of service that we received.

More about VanCity HD Technologies

Vancouver and the Lower Mainland's Original HDTV LED LCD Plasma wall mounting installers. # Flat Screen TV Installations Flat Screen TV Mounts In Wall Speaker Installation * Flat Screen Low Profile Mount Installation * In Wall Speaker Installation * Flat Screen Fireplace Installation * Custom Flat Screen Fireplace Installation * ...