Magnum Roofing

40 Maricona Way Ottawa ON K2T 1H2
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Kanata  >  Magnum Roofing

Reviews for Magnum Roofing

Re-roof

I called the owner of Magnum requesting an estimate. He actually went up on the roof and examined it. He expressed concern with my current ventilation and proposed a solution of cutting an extra vent hole during instalation. He was priced competitively but it was worth it knowing I was getting grade A materials installed properly! He was also much cheaper than some of the other "big names ". I am very satisfied with my decision as he was very friendly along with the whole crew. The ripped off the old roof, installed the new roof and cleaned up all garbage even completely cleaning my gutters (leaves and all). I alsohave piece of mind knowing I am fully covered with my free 50 year warranty.
THANK YOU MAGNUM ROOFING! THE BEST ROOFERS IN OTTAWA!

Thank you for your positive feedback.

Daniela
Daniela
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

New Roof.

I contacted 5 top roofing companies for a quote. Despite that September is a very busy month for them, Steve from Magnum roofing was the only one who came the next day and went up on the roof. He immediately gave me a quote and telling me that he can send his small team ( Alex and Patrick ) in about 2 weeks to do the job. Magnum’s quote was less than the other companies who were going to do the same job using same brand of singles but less maxi vents. Also, communication with Steve (the owner of the company) was very easy and very straight forward.

Alex and Patrick were very professionals. They always came on time, providing an excellent job and always clean after themselves. The job took a day longer due to very high temperature. Although they couldn’t work, Alex came in that morning explaining me that they have to postpone the work for a day because the singles could be damaged if they step on them when it is very hot outside.
I wasn’t in rush so I prefer a good work than a fast work. Very happy with them.

Definitely, I strongly recommend Magnum Roofing!!!! A+++

thank you vety much for your kind words Daniela

Graham Irvine in Ottawa
Graham Irvine in Ottawa

Great Price, Great Work

This company did a great job on my roof at an excellent rate. The attention to detail was better than I expected and they completed my roof within a normal work day.

Thank you for the review Graham. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

DG in Kanata, Ontario CANADA
DG in Kanata, Ontario CANADA
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Having used this company previously, I was quick to call Steve! He assessed the roof, set a very reasonable price, and followed through with all that he said he would do. An excellent job! His team quickly removed the old metal, replaced it with shingles, and took the time to do the job right. Flashings were upgraded to the standards that were needed. His men were professional and efficient. His warranty is excellent. With so many roofing companies out there, we checked out many others first before deciding on Magnum. We have referred him to our friends and family. You will be in good hands with this company.

Thank you very much for your kind words Daunna. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

Frank in Richmond Hill
Frank in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Residential Shingles

I contacted Steve at Magnum roofing for a quote and he immediately set up a date a time to come out, The day before he was to arrive he called me and advised me that he had an emergency come up and was not going to be able to make it at our set time. He asked if he could come out right away and gave me a time. He arrived on time. He was the only one out of the four roofing companies, I had requested a quote from, that actually got up on my roof and inspected it. Magnum's quote was $600.00 less than another company that were going to shingle with the same brand of shingles. The crew that was sent out to do the job were extremely professional. The job was completed in two days. The crew cleaned up after themselves both days. One of Steve's sons came out at the completion of the job and inspected both the shingling job as well as the clean up done by their crew. Fours days later I got a call from Steve inquiring if I was satisfied with the work done and if there were any outstanding issues. This was a stress free experience with this company. The communication between the company and customer by this company should be the standard that other companies strive for. Great job Magnum!

Thank you for the positive feedback Frank. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

Jasinthan Gopalapillai from Brampton
Jasinthan Gopalapillai from Brampton

Awesome roofing service

I reside outside the Ottawa area however have a rental there which needed a new roof. I contacted Steve and he gave me the best quote and the best warranty and made the whole process seamless. I don't know much about the roofs, so can't really say a whole lot about the quality of work, although visually it looked fine. Also the place was cleaned up well. Steve is also very responsive whenever you have any concerns.

Jasi,

Thank you for taking the time to give the feedback. We are always happy to hear that you are satisfied with our services.

YB a.
YB a.

Roof (shingles) replacement

Steven and his crew where simply fantastic. The team arrived on schedule and finished on time. The job was very professional and clean. Great advice along the way. Definitively only once choice for replacing your shingles in Ottawa and it's Magnum Roofing! Parents, friends etc...all went or will be going with Magnum Roofing. Great all around!

Thank you for your feedback Yann. Very happy to see that you are so pleased as customer satisfaction is a priority at Magnum.

Jerry in
Jerry in

New Roof

Steve is one of the best contractors I have ever dealt with over my years in residential and commercial projects. Magnum completed the roof on my rental property in 2014 and my residence in 2015. Both jobs were completed when Steve committed with no surprises cost wise even though some unforeseen issues arose. I have recommended Magnum Roofing to several neighbours and all have been very satisfied. I have not heard one negative comment.

Steve and I have different opinions on venting (ridge versus Maxi chimney). Steve explains the technicalities very logically but willingly accepts the Customer's decisions as long as they don't don't comprise the quality of the job.

Magnum is doing a roof for a good friend of mine today. She obtained several competitive quotes and opinions on material alternatives. Steve listened to her concerns and agreed to all the changes she requested, regardless of Steve's professional opinion, without increasing his price.

Keep up the good work Steve!!

Thank you for the kind words Jerry. It has always been a pleasure doing business with you.

rgw
rgw
1 review Ottawa, ON

They made a thorough inspection of the roof and I received a very competitive estimate. The shingles were top notch with a great warranty. The work was well done on the specified date, with a thorough clean up. Great job and very happy with the result.

Thank you for the positive feedback. Thank you also for all the referrals to your family. It was great doing business with you and them.

Matt in Ottawa
Matt in Ottawa

Re-roofing

Avoid this roofer. It costs less than other roofers but the quality of the work is poor. After they re-roofed my house in 2015, my garage started to leak when it rained. I called Steven (the owner of the company), he just quickly did some chucking. But it leaked again during the next rain. I called Steven again, then he started to blame my eavestrough that water couldn't get through quickly. I didn't believe my eavestrough was the problem because it had been working well before the re-roof. But steven insisted he couldn't find anything wrong with the new roof. Then from time to time, the roof leaked when it rained. Finally, I called up another roofer for a second opinion, this roofer immediately pointed to me that the flashing was installed poorly with a lot of gaps and wholes in the connection. He helped me to re-seal all the flashing and the leaking problem was resolved. But I had to pay $450 for the poor work that Magnum roofing left to me. I was very disappointed and frustrated with this roofing company. Avoid Magnum roofing if you don't want to have a leaking roof,no matter how cheap they could done the work for you.

Mathew,
I am honestly very sorry that you feel this way. I can start by assuring you that at no time did I ever chuckle at the mention of your roof leaking. You called me on two different occasions and I came to your house immediately both times. The source of the leak was a very large metal flashing that you had installed previous to my doing the roof. This particular flashing had leaked for many years prior to me doing your roof as was evidenced by the rotten wood I changed when re-roofing your house. When I redid your roof I suggested that to do the roof properly this needed to be removed. You refused. I also never suggested there was any issue with your eves trough working improperly. The issue is that your upper roof is a four sided hip roof and all the water from the eves trough empties into one down spout and then directly onto the leaking flashing on the lower roof. I did suggest you re-route the water and got you two quotes with sizable discounts to do the work. You refused. Given the circumstances and your refusal to take my suggestions I did the best I could to caulk the source of the leak. As I explained at the time, caulking is a poor substitute for doing the work properly. This was last September and as I did not hear back from you I assumed everything was fine. If you choose to remove this metal flashing and properly repair the issue the offer to do so free of charge is still open. It is always my intention to leave every customer 100% satisfied and am deeply troubled that you are not. Thank you.

More about Magnum Roofing

Magnum Roofing, brings 30 years of business experience with them and provide superior workmanship with competitive pricing giving a totally professionally skilled service to all its customers in Ottawa. Thank you for considering MAGNUM ROOFING for any and all your roofing needs. At MAGNUM ROOFING we bring 37 years of ...