There are many half-truths in the above review and we will address each:
Design & Budget:
- Overall design included not just the kitchen and powder room, but as we proceeded the client added other areas of the home (family room; living room, front hall, dining room)
- The overall design was a fairly major change - removing walls and a complete update with twice as much cabinetry as her previous design.
Communication & Process:
- Based on a client’s needs/wants we create “Next Steps” quotes that our clients must pre-approve before we begin each phase. We send these in advance; receive written approval and then proceed. We deliver exactly what we proposed and bill exactly what we quoted. If at any time Sharon Bishop didn’t agree with anything we were proposing she could have changed the scope/our tasks or not approved at all.
- We keep detailed time-sheets and Sharon was one of our clients who we spent extra time communicating with. There were many additional site visits/calls that weren’t billed to the client, but seemed necessary for her.
- The one site meeting Sharon mentioned when she was out of town was necessary to answer trades questions and to keep things moving. At the time she was happy to not hold up the project and approved my going by in her absence.
- Trades and on site work- this is directed by a very detailed set of schedules and drawings and there is very little for clients to do. Some clients are by nature on site/in the home so they do interact but it isn’t necessary.
- All clients provide a retainer to begin. The $5,000 we collected at the beginning of the project was with Sharon's permission & allocated to purchasing product and paying for delivery fees of said product. The client received paid invoices for these showing the deducted amount from the retainer. At the end of the project this money was depleted with her knowledge. We also provided the client with an excel document outlining all invoices and payments.
NOTE- Calling our team dishonest is untrue and slanderous and we have reached out to a lawyer to get official input on this. We were shocked to read this as when we last communicated on Jan 8 2019 Sharon said “Kitchen looks great, bright airy and clean. I love it!” At this time our team offered to help out with some minor inconveniences in other areas of the home (at no charge), such as a remote control for an older model fan and other tweaks for things outside of our scope.