Sealy Design Inc.

Interior Design
Toronto ON M1N 3E5
HomeStars  >  Interior Design in Scarborough  >  Sealy Design Inc.

Reviews for Sealy Design Inc.

total house reno and 2nd property rental

Sealy design is a one stop shop. They provide everything you need in a renovation. There is no doubt they are not the cheapest but I will say that they save you money in the long run in making the right decisions the first time around and they apply their designer discounts/designer only stores onto their clients that you wouldn't have access to. They think outside the box and have really creative visions that we would have never dreamed up. Our renovation was a complete gut and 18" addition. I have since done a 2nd recreational property with Karen 5 years later (this year) and it was another excellent experience. We actually had issues with our kitchen company and Karen helped navigate this awkward situation in a professional manner. I have always felt I can be honest with Karen when I have been unhappy with anything and she has been quick to make it right. With any renovation, things don't always go perfectly, its all in how all parties handle it. I have high standards and Karen's team meets them all. I have referred many friends to Karen who have worked with her team as well and they have all reported how happy they are with the end results.

Thank you for your kind review! The Designer in me needs to mention that it was an 18 foot extension, not 18 inches ;)

Melanie in Toronto
Melanie in Toronto

Kitchen, main bath and master ensuite

I have watched Karen on Cityline for years and have always loved her work. I was not disappointed when I hired Sealy to manage the complete gut and reno of my kitchen, main bath and master ensuite. Karen and her amazing team took care of everything from permits and drawings to having the final peice of artwork hung on my wall. My family and friends can't get over the transformation - I would recommend Sealy Design to anyone!

Many thanks Melanie! It was our pleasure and we are so thrilled you and your family are enjoying the end result.

Sarah Hendersen in Toronto
Sarah Hendersen in Toronto

Main floor renovation

You hear stories about how horrible renovating can be and we are so fortunate that we were able to work with Karen and her Team! They held our hand through every step, explaining as we went. Their process outlines all the things we had to do (homework, like de-cluttering... ugh!) and that they were going to, ie draft for permits etc and exactly how much we would be charged. It was seamless. Now we are enjoying our new gorgeous AND functional space. I sometimes can't believe its really MY kitchen! Thank you Sealy Design!

Thank you Sarah! We enjoyed working with you. And as per your last email.... yes we'd be happy to help you with your cottage!

Lynn Palk in Toronto
Lynn Palk in Toronto

Redesign and Refurnish the Livingroom

We started this project almost a year ago.
We were promised "one stop shopping". This was not the case ! Once we went to look at furniture and gave them our choices there was no consultation to review the overall look. According to Ms. Sealy there is " Nothing in place" to do this. Our space clearly reflects their lack of caring and refusal to accept any responsibility for the"stale" result.

Lynn, I would like to add some clarity to the items you've mentioned here.

We began our work with you in May and all design work was done and presented to you by October. Then of course ordering custom furniture requires time after that. We set up showroom visits for you to go out and see/sit in/touch all pieces we suggested which you did and we had a call directly afterward to get your feedback. You told us you loved everything! These pieces were made for you so until they are there is no way for us to do more then we did.

After the furniture was delivered one of our senior designers and then later I came by to take a look. I even bought new lamps for you... all at no charge. We all thought the room looked great. Including your neighbour who popped in and your husband.

After we completed our work with you you called about a chair you'd broken and we immediately replaced it no questions asked. Then a while later you called to say that in one spot the drapery track had separated from the wall. We had someone there the next day to repair it.

I think it is clear we definitely care and as for a lack of responsibility the exact opposite is true and clear in our dealings with you even after the job was complete.

Kristin from Scarborough
Kristin from Scarborough

Complete home renovation

We hired Karen to help us with a compete top-to-bottom renovation of our 100-year old house several years ago. We were so pleased with the work she did and the trades people she brought into the job. Our house still looks amazing seven years later and her knowledge of not only design but also construction was a huge asset since we were taking everything down to the studs. I highly recommend Karen and her team.

Thank you Kristin! We appreciate you and your lovely review!

Melissa from Toronto
Melissa from Toronto

home reno

Sealy Design worked with us every step of the way in designing our beautiful home interior. From the initial consultation to space planning to coordinating all of the furniture deliveries, and arranging accessories and final touches, we were very happy with their service. Karen and her teams' vision and attention to detail was wonderful, we highly recommend Sealy Design!

Many thanks Melissa! We love happy clients!

Zila from Toronto
Zila from Toronto

main floor reno, with new kitchen

Wow! We couldn't be happier. Karen and her team took us from planning, through permits, helped hire a contractor, selected all the fixtures and finishes all the while not letting us get overwhelmed. Karen and her team where professional yet still fun to work with. Whenever there were questions, they were there. We couldn't have done this without them. We couldn't be happier. Many thanks!

Zila what a fun project! Thanks for selecting us to work with you and your family on it!

MARY TRENHOLM from Collingwood
MARY TRENHOLM from Collingwood
1 review Collingwood, ON

Total Reno

It's been two years and now the ceilings are cracking..The reno was a nightmare of over billing, mis- communication and incompetence. Ms Sealy claims she is not responsible but she brought the contractor into my home! So ultimately. ..My $

Mary,

My last response, as of September 2013 was...

"I have sent you a personal email addressing these issues and reminding you of all the extras I provided you at no charge. I would appreciate a timely response so we can deal with this professionally."

Sealy suggested a contractor who was in your area and budget friendly and the decision was yours to hire or not. in terms of repairing any work done, the contractor has attempted several times to come and make it right, but is denied access to your home.

The offers still stands for you to reach out to us directly so that we can make this right, as it has always.

Karen

Looking for Interior Design pros in Scarborough?