Olympic Moving and Storage

HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in North York  >  Olympic Moving and Storage

Review for Olympic Moving and Storage

Johnny Leon in North york
2 reviews NORTH YORK, ON

The owner Olivia promised me professional movers with no travelling time. The end result couldn't have been further from it. The move was scheduled to start at 9:00am, but movers arrived 25 minutes late. Much to my dismay, they started charging at 9:00am regardless.

The movers were slow, so slow that we had to start moving some of the boxes ourselves and only then did the they start to pick up the pace a bit. Throughout the 3.5 hour move, the movers took a number of personal calls. I don't have anything against taking personal calls at work, but when you do it repeatedly while the client is paying $69+taxes an hour, it is just outrageous.

To make matters worse, when it was time to pay, the company wanted to charge me for an extra hour of travelling time! We fought against this and finally settled on 30min of travelling time. I still had to pay for the full move from 9am to 1am even though the movers were 25 minutes late.

I truly regret choosing this company and learned my lesson.

I replied to Johnny's concern about the travel time by an email and never got a response. $69.00 per hour for 2 movers and 1 16' Truck is a great competative price and I am sure that any mover will agree. We arrived in a 26' Truck. Johnny himself was not even present for his own move and left his family in charge of the move. My email from him says they arrived 20 minutes late, yet the crew has paper work that agrees they arrived at 9:05am. I also have a hand written testimonial from the customer on his actual paper work that says; "-Original quote was 16' truck - Good moving - Handy in work" Any moving company will charge a flat fee of 1 hour regardless of the situation. He was charged 30 minutes and was even offered back the $17.25 for the extra 15 minutes that he feels he's owed. As a business owner you try so hard to make every happy but sometimes it's just not possible.

More about Olympic Moving and Storage

Let our uniformed movers do the hard work for you. We believe that an organized strategy is the key to a successful moving experience. We are your moving professionals at your door. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week our service is built and designed especially to execute a ...