Structube Ottawa Train Yards

Reviews for Structube Ottawa Train Yards

Andrew in Ottawa
Andrew in Ottawa

Good Service, horrible assembly

I bought a bedroom set from structube a few months ago so i could have new furniture ready for my new condo i was moving in to. When i arrived at my condo i started to put the units together. A simple Maddison bed i had purchased from them took me and my wife over 2 hours to put together. the other 3 items the rest of my saturday and most of my sunday. This place is absolutely ridiculous with the tiny screws and next to no pre-drill done. Putting together furniture from Ikea is so much easier i dont even know a word to describe the difference. I like the furniture but im never buying again from this company They make all the furnitire the biggest pain to put together

jrvero4590 from Ottawa
jrvero4590 from Ottawa
1 review Saint Isidore, ON

picasso table

Very bad service ... broken part on my table , missing parts , no cash refund i have to wait for a check in the mail , manager was not helpfull at all

sandiamos from Ottawa
sandiamos from Ottawa

Dining room table

I bought a dining room table from Structube for our new condo (downsizing). Because this particular table was being discontinued I purchased & stored it for 4 months until the new condo was ready. When we moved & assembled the table we realized there was a major manufacturers fault. I had no expectations of any warranty but Melissa at Structube Trainyards came through & replaced the table immediately. Not only that but they delivered the new one, dismantled the old & put together the replacement.
I would definitely buy from Structube again...

K. Hh from Waterloo
K. Hh from Waterloo

Table/Chairs

A cliché, but 1 star is too kind. After a poor in-store experience we made the mistake of going ahead, disregarding our intuition, and purchased a table/chairs. Delivery was set for the following week. Delivery day came and went, no delivery, no notice from staff, sat around all day waiting. Finally called the store and was informed the salesperson had not checked stock when placing the order and some products were not available; they meant to call us but forgot. Instead of delivering the in-stock items they elected to put the order in limbo and not notify us, though they of course had already charged our credit card. We made arrangements to be at home for the delivery all for nothing. Perhaps most frustrating was the attitude we were given and lack of interest shown when we contacted the store. Bad customer service, bad experience, thanks for wasting our time. Never again, Structube.

Chantal from Ottawa
Chantal from Ottawa

Desk

2 accounts of abysmal client service, apparently dictated by store client service policy:
1) Purchased desk, without delivery: was forwarned that pursuant to company policy, employees were not allowed to help put the item in the car; when my husband and I arrived to pick it up, the employee was alone and could not bring the item to the loading dock: fortunately for the store, my husband did not have a policy of not helping out those who need it.
2) Went in to purchase two items 5 days before Christmas to offer as a Christmas gift; was told that pursuant to store policy, the item could not be refunded if returned once assembled (acceptable) or if more than 5 days after purchase .... irrespective of the Christmas season. I was informed that the only available option after 5 days is an exchange. Sadly, Structube has not yet realized that it is not selling $20 sweaters. I have yet to come accross a company that has more contempt for its customers.

Maria from Ottawa
Maria from Ottawa

Delivery \ Customer Service

We recently purchased a Dining Room Table from the Trainyards Structube. They charged us 80$ for delivery and we had no option to hold it for 4 weeks as it was the last one in stock and it had to leave the floor 'immediately' or I'd risk losing it and have two wait two months to order another one. We paid the 80$ delivery fee and were assured we would receive a call confirming a time frame the day before scheduled delivery.

I never received a call. I called the store and requesting a time frame, they took my number and said they'd pull up my file and call me right back. I never received a call. I called back the morning of scheduled delivery and was informed they were having issues with deliveries that day and that a delivery person would contact within the hour. I called the store back two hours later and they informed me that I would just have to wait until the late afternoon to see if I would get a call. RIDICULOUS. I then asked if it was possible to reschedule the delivery as I had things to do and couldn't wait around all day for them to call. The salesgirl proceeded to tell me that unfortunately because I didn't provided THEM with THREE days notice I would have to pay an additional admin fee to the outrageous 80$ they already charged for inadequate delivery service! I proceeded to tell her THEIR company failed to provide ME with their 24 hour confirmation call they promised. All that to say that I was NOT impressed. I will be filing a complaint against this store to the head office in Montreal.

Newbie in Ottawa
Newbie in Ottawa
2 reviews OTTAWA, ON

purchase of coffee table

I purchased a coffee table from Structube. Later on I found a different piece from another store. I was worried that Structube will not give me a full refund for the coffee table. But the store salesperson was super friendly and there was no problem at all... I was very happy that they gave me a full refund!

Geny in Orleans
Geny in Orleans
3 reviews ORL, ON

living room lamps

I bought my living room lamps at Structube for 100$ each. they are very different and that's why I chose them. I thought they were a little expensive but worth it since I spent months and months looking for the perfect lamps. The staff was ok, not very outgoing but maybe that's their style there. I had to go find the guy to help me place my order. they didnt have the lamps in stock but the delivery time was good.

Nathali Olej in Gloucester
Nathali Olej in Gloucester
1 review Gloucester, ON

Bought beds

Good service. I really like the style of the furniture, very contemporary. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable. There are also very good sales if you know how to look. The floor models are also very cheap and nice. Great store overall

Dining set

Staff is very friendly and outgoing. Also very knowledgeable on various products. Delivery was also very quick, within three business days. Everything was great! I had no problem everything was exceptional!

More about Structube Ottawa Train Yards

Structube is a specialty retailer of contemporary and modern home furnishings and accessories, offering exclusive designs at affordable prices. Since it first opened as a family business more than 35 years ago, the company has featured handpicked products from around the world that reflect today's modern lifestyle.
Looking for Furniture pros in Ottawa?