Home Automation

Reviews for United Alarm

KC in Calgary
KC in Calgary

Home alarm

We signed with United alarms this summer, Bob came to our house and gave us his word that United is the right choice and we will never be left feeling unsafe or without working equipment for any period of time. ( we’ve had bad experiences in the past with our other alarm company )
Bob gave us his word and Cell number so we signed up.
Friday before sept long our alarm disarmed itself. We called United and they told us that either we got hacked or Honeywell sometimes performs updates on the panel that disarms your system but they don’t tell you when this might happen. We where left for the long weekend feeling unsafe, no support or answers from United only that sorry it’s the long weekend. Tuesday afternoon came around no one contacted us I had to call in and they told us sorry it wasn’t Honeywell. It’s could be your panel or a hacker. She proceeded by telling me that anyone with the internet and a computer can hack United alarm it’s just that easy this day and age.. I think everyone should know this. They sent us a tech yesterday to look at the equipment and he was even confused why he was there and offered no solution.
The salesperson should make clients aware it’s a hacker friendly system.

We would like to start off by stressing that United Alarm never said that your system was hacked nor is the Honeywell system you have installed a “hacker friendly system”.
We take accusations such as this very seriously.
The hacking concern was something that you were very persistent and concerned about since it was brought up multiple times throughout every conversation you’ve had with the United Alarm team. There was no mention from Honeywell tech support or the United Alarm team about your system being “hacked”. Honeywell tech support corroborated what United Alarm’s findings were and it has been determined that there was a power surge on your end causing the panel to reboot. You were not left unprotected as the alarm system was working after this isolated incident, monitoring continued on throughout the following weekend and still presently continues. After this was explained to you, you were adamant that you were being hacked.

As United Alarm delved further into this issue, our in house tech team and saw no unusual activity on your account. Since you thought that hacking could have happened, we advised you that the only time this could be a possibility would be if they “hacked” your phone or computer where your own log in information was pre-stored in the device. United Alarm sent out our technician at no cost to you as a courtesy to inspect the alarm installation, measured the voltage of your power supply and found no issues. The alarm system meets all of Honeywell security installation standards all the while fulfilling the top ULC standards in Alberta.

RonitE in Calgary
RonitE in Calgary

Professional through and through

I have an extremely large house and was quoted thousands of dollars by two other companies. This company came in the representative was honest with complete Integrity told me exactly what I needed and refused to sell me what I didn't.
The system is easy, definitely affordable and I am pleased to no end with it.
In the first few weeks I set my alarm off many times, however when speaking to the people on the other line they were courteous, Pleasant and very understanding and helpful.
Amazing company amazing service and an incredible price!

Hi RonitE
Thank you for your very nice review. All of the staff at United Alarm prides our selves with our customer service. If you need any help in the future we are more then happy to help.
Sincerely,
United Alarm Systems Inc

Private User reviews Beaumont, AB

Service Disaster

Awful service and price. Have needed five separate visits for maintenance and upkeep, each appointment they were between two to five hours late. Service technicians are miserable and don't want to be a part of this company either.

Faulty equipment constantly dying, monitoring response time slow - just as a nice add on to the terrible service.

We’re sorry to hear that you have had less than a great experience with your account. United Alarm strives on providing the best customer service. As we are unable to pull up any information as you’ve posted under a private user, we can’t look into your account to see what happened. Please feel free to contact Satina our accounts manager at 403-261-8838 and she would be more than happy to look over your account in more detail.
Kind Regards

kelly in Scottsdale
kelly in Scottsdale
1 review Saint Quentin, NB

WORST SERVICE

They were untruthful to me about the service agreement to try to misled me into signing it. I would stay FAR away from this company as there are far better alarm service providers with integrity in Calgary.

We’re sorry to hear that you have had less than a great experience with your account. United Alarm strives on being open and honest with all pricing, policies and low pressure sales. We are unable to pull up any information to review what happened and how we can fix this moving forward. Please feel free to contact Satina our accounts manager at 403-261-8838 and she would be more than happy to look over your account in more detail.

Catherine in Toronto
Catherine in Toronto
1 review Okotoks, AB

Alarm System

(Fast Friendly Service) I love my new alarm it is so easy to use the installation guy went over everything with me and made sure I knew how to use it before leaving he was so helpful, the fact I can alarm & disarm from anywhere is so convenient for us I feel so much safer knowing my home is protected by United Alarms I searched all the company’s and found this one offers better deals and packages compared to the rest

Thank you for taking the time to review of our services and equipment. It’s customer like you that helped make us Calgary Larges locally own security companies.
Kind Regards

Lilly in Calgary
Lilly in Calgary

Home alarm installation

Technician was knowledgeable , flexible and quick. He worked with us on where to install the device and was very friendly. From the time I spoke with the in office staff to completion, I was very satisfied.

Thank you for your business, we truly appreciate it. Our team at United Alarm are always glad to hear that everything is going well with your alarm system and we are always here if you need anything. It customers like you and your kind words that allow us to help keep Calgary a little bit safer over the past 28 years.
Thank you for supporting a local Calgary company.
United Alarm Systems Inc

Brian Findlay from Calgary
Brian Findlay from Calgary

Home Alarm System

Have been a home Alarm customer with United for about three years. Full home alarm, alarmed RV in the backyard and environmental sensors.

Very happy with the service. They are immediate to respond to alarms or any concerns. Their installation, support and technical staff are friendly and knowledgeable.

I would never hesitate to recommend this Calgary company.

No endorsement for this review only bothered because they helped me with an issue today and their service as always was top notch.

Glad we could help!

Matt in San Francisco
Matt in San Francisco
1 review Hamilton, ON

WORST ALARM COMPANY

The customer service is terrible and they try to get you to sign a contract that they do NOT explain properly and try to deceive you to sign it. STAY AWAY from this company!

Unfortunately, we require more information in order to respond to your complaint as we don't provide service in San Francisco. If you have an account with us and wish to speak to a manager please contact Marnie at 403-261-8838.

euro7066 in Prince George
euro7066 in Prince George
1 review Prince George, BC

Great service!

Over 12 years we had a few home security companies, but we never had such a great service as United Alarms. Marnie is such a sweet lady, called me back in 15 min as she promissed. Technician was here on time and did not leave till everuthing worked properly. What a great move from ADT to United Alarms. We will definitely recomend United Alarms to all our friends.

So happy to hear your experience with United Alarm was positive! It's wonderful when people take the time to write something good. Thank you

More about United Alarm

Introducing Calgary's #1 privately-owned residential and commercial security company! Since 1990, United Alarm has installed over 60,000 security systems in Calgary, and has a 99% approval rating among our multitudes of customers. This is proven by being named the Consumer’s Choice Award winner 7 straight years in a row!

Why Choose United Alarm?
Many security companies have placed your safety at the heart of their concerns. So why choose United Alarm over another alarm system company?

United Alarm is Calgary-owned and certified to better serve Calgary communities:
Founded in Calgary in 1990, United Alarm has more than 26 years of expertise in protection what is important to you.

With its ULC certification, United Alarm guarantees a quality service, with certified and police screened technicians.

Located in North East Calgary, we serve your community as well as Southern Alberta area. No overseas call center, only local operators.

Getting the security system that fit your needs:
We it comes to protecting what matters most, there is no one-fits-all system. Every house, apartment, business, practice or warehouse has different needs.

When most of security system companies offer unique solutions for homes and businesses, United Alarm builds with you the security structure that will give you the peace of mind you deserve.

Protect what matters most 24/7:
Office hours is not a schedule burglars are familiar with. They rather be the kind to strike at the appropriate time.

United Alarm takes care of your safety 24/7 thanks to an Alarm Monitoring station with back up Stations throughout Canada.

Not convinced? Here are some Awards United Alarm has received since its creation: