United Alarm

Calgary AB T2Y 3M9
HomeStars  >  Home Automation in Calgary  >  United Alarm

Reviews for United Alarm

RonitE in Calgary

I have an extremely large house and was quoted thousands of dollars by two other companies. This company came in the representative was honest with complete Integrity told me exactly what I needed and refused to sell me what I didn't.
The system is easy, definitely affordable and I am pleased to no end with it.
In the first few weeks I set my alarm off many times, however when speaking to the people on the other line they were courteous, Pleasant and very understanding and helpful.
Amazing company amazing service and an incredible price!

1 review Beaumont, AB

Awful service and price. Have needed five separate visits for maintenance and upkeep, each appointment they were between two to five hours late. Service technicians are miserable and don't want to be a part of this company either.

Faulty equipment constantly dying, monitoring response time slow - just as a nice add on to the terrible service.

kelly in Scottsdale
1 review Saint Quentin, NB

They were untruthful to me about the service agreement to try to misled me into signing it. I would stay FAR away from this company as there are far better alarm service providers with integrity in Calgary.

Catherine in Toronto
1 review Okotoks, AB

(Fast Friendly Service) I love my new alarm it is so easy to use the installation guy went over everything with me and made sure I knew how to use it before leaving he was so helpful, the fact I can alarm & disarm from anywhere is so convenient for us I feel so much safer knowing my home is protected by United Alarms I searched all the company’s and found this one offers better deals and packages compared to the rest

Lilly in Calgary

Technician was knowledgeable , flexible and quick. He worked with us on where to install the device and was very friendly. From the time I spoke with the in office staff to completion, I was very satisfied.

Brian Findlay from Calgary

Have been a home Alarm customer with United for about three years. Full home alarm, alarmed RV in the backyard and environmental sensors.

Very happy with the service. They are immediate to respond to alarms or any concerns. Their installation, support and technical staff are friendly and knowledgeable.

I would never hesitate to recommend this Calgary company.

No endorsement for this review only bothered because they helped me with an issue today and their service as always was top notch.

Glad we could help!

Matt in San Francisco
1 review Hamilton, ON

The customer service is terrible and they try to get you to sign a contract that they do NOT explain properly and try to deceive you to sign it. STAY AWAY from this company!

Unfortunately, we require more information in order to respond to your complaint as we don't provide service in San Francisco. If you have an account with us and wish to speak to a manager please contact Marnie at 403-261-8838.

euro7066 in Prince George
1 review Prince George, BC

Over 12 years we had a few home security companies, but we never had such a great service as United Alarms. Marnie is such a sweet lady, called me back in 15 min as she promissed. Technician was here on time and did not leave till everuthing worked properly. What a great move from ADT to United Alarms. We will definitely recomend United Alarms to all our friends.

So happy to hear your experience with United Alarm was positive! It's wonderful when people take the time to write something good. Thank you

Here is my experience with this company:
- Expert came out, explained what we should get, quoted us, set up the system. Great to deal with.
- Alarm system worked pretty good and they always called quickly if the actual alarm went off which was very reassuring.
- If you have to cancel before your "term" is up - in this case because I sold the house - you have to pay a huge buyout fee, several times what the equipment is worth.
- When you cancel, nobody will ask you about moving the system to your new house or make any attempt at customer retention. I felt that they just want to take the cancellation fee and run.
- They would not disconnect the service until I signed and returned a cancellation request form, which I was not able to do as I was nowhere near any type of office, though I e-mailed them several times from my phone explaining this. This meant that the alarm was still connected when the new owners took the house. It was outrageous and completely lacking in common sense.

Based on my experience, the service up front was good but the cancellation experience left me with a pretty bad impression. I would not recommend them. I would consider using this service again if I was reassured that they had brought their business practices into the current century. If you do go with this company, do not sign any type of contract or financing plan. Just pay for the equipment up front (verify what it's worth too before agreeing to it) and negotiate a significantly lower monitoring fee on a month to month basis. If they wouldn't go for that I'm sure there are better options available locally.

It is unfortunate this customer did not post his/her name as we are unable to look into the account specifically, however, United Alarm is a home security company, it is of utmost importance to have any cancellation or changes to an account in writing not just over the telephone. Cancelling security monitoring service is not like cancelling your telephone or cable.
When customers sell their property while still under contract, they are given several options; transfer the contract to the new owners, take the system with them if possible, sign up for a new system at their new home or buy out the remaining time of their contract at 87% of what is owing. No company is going to put in equipment for free, install it for free and then let someone walk away from it. The option to purchase equipment up front is an option, but this customer chose to lease it from us and signed a contract for a specified period of time.
We are sorry to hear the customer's experience with regard to cancellation was a less than great experience. Customer service is always United Alarm's top priority.

More about United Alarm

Introducing Calgary's #1 privately-owned residential and commercial security company! Since 1990, United Alarm has installed over 60,000 security systems in Calgary, and has a 99% approval rating among our multitudes of customers. This is proven by being named the Consumer’s Choice Award winner 7 straight years in a row!

Why Choose United Alarm?
Many security companies have placed your safety at the heart of their concerns. So why choose United Alarm over another alarm system company?

United Alarm is Calgary-owned and certified to better serve Calgary communities:
Founded in Calgary in 1990, United Alarm has more than 26 years of expertise in protection what is important to you.

With its ULC certification, United Alarm guarantees a quality service, with certified and police screened technicians.

Located in North East Calgary, we serve your community as well as Southern Alberta area. No overseas call center, only local operators.

Getting the security system that fit your needs:
We it comes to protecting what matters most, there is no one-fits-all system. Every house, apartment, business, practice or warehouse has different needs.

When most of security system companies offer unique solutions for homes and businesses, United Alarm builds with you the security structure that will give you the peace of mind you deserve.

Protect what matters most 24/7:
Office hours is not a schedule burglars are familiar with. They rather be the kind to strike at the appropriate time.

United Alarm takes care of your safety 24/7 thanks to an Alarm Monitoring station with back up Stations throughout Canada.

Not convinced? Here are some Awards United Alarm has received since its creation: