Home Automation

Reviews for United Alarm

Alia in Calgary
Alia in Calgary

DO NOT GO WITH THEM

we continued our service as old house owners were with them. They locked us in for 3 years for a simple start up and it beeps through the night and randomly and THEY JUST DONT SHOW UP OR CALL BACK EVER (whey they do show up and charge and still its not fixed). we want the service cancelled and they wont do that either so were stuck with a beeping machine and just so lost in how to get this bloody thing fixed or cancelled.

We’re sorry to hear that you have had less than a great experience with your account. United Alarm strives on providing the best customer service. As we are unable to pull up any information as you’ve posted under a private user, we can’t look into your account to see what happened. Please feel free to contact Satina our accounts manager at 403-261-8838 and she would be more than happy to look over your account in more detail.
Kind Regards

Danil of  Calgary
Danil of Calgary

Security and Fire Monitoring

We are satisfied with the service the company provided. There people
made the difference. Ajay, Jonathan and Richard. They were patient, knowledgeable and courteous. If you need an alarm company for your home United Alarm is it.

Worst service ever

I was with united alarm first then got my father in laws signed up as well.I ended up canceling my service after the contract was done we had our alarm go off one night from garage door they called from the office and asked of we were ok and if we wanted a security to come take a look I said yes she called back saying there were none in the area and asked if I wanted police dispatched I said jo as my husband had already gone out to see. I called the office and told them what had happened and they said that they would investigate qnd call back no body ever called me back anyways my father in law signed up as well he had a sensor malfunction not allowing them to set alarm they came out and fixed it only if he signed up for another 24 months which he did not to long after that another 2 sensors malfunctioned when j called in he said that we have to charge him to come out and fox them being a senior and in fixed income he didn't he could set his alarm for several months when u called back to see what we could do he tells me let him sign another 24 months we will come out and fix it .bunch of RIp offs with terrible customer service !!!

Kind Regards

Deceptive and Dishonest

Went to sell this property in August 2018 we discovered that there was a Notice of Security Interest applied against our property on May 28, 2008 (10 months after we purchased the home), in the amount of $1216. Upon investigating this Notice, we discovered it was United Alarm Company . There was never any renters by the name that the Security Lien was filed against. The name that appears on the Security lien is not the name of the previous owners from whom we purchased the house.
We called the Land Titles Office and were informed that anyone can put a Notice of Security Interest against any property. They do not vet the legality of such an action. They advised we should call the Alarm Company and have them remove the said hardware. There was no hardware in the home. We can only assume that there never was a system installed. Spoke with Jahan at United Alarm and he stated because of the Privacy Act, and that we were not the names on the Security Lien, he couldn't give us any information. He advised that with the accumulated interest we owed $20,000.+ but we could settle for $1500. Because we had an offer for the sale of the house pending, we had no option but to pay the ransom money. It is extremely upsetting to us that United Alarm Company 3515 32 St NE #200 can get away with this type of actionr. We understand that it is illegal to install this type of hardware in a rental home to anyone other than the owner. If that is the case, how can United Alarm then do exactly that? In a fair world, United Alarm would be forced to repay us the ransom money that we had to pay them in order to sell the house.

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY

Susanne
Susanne

door sensors

picked up parts for our new door installation so that installers could reinstall sensors for our alarm system

Hi Susanne

thank you for the 10 star review!

truong in Calgary
truong in Calgary

bill payments issues

I recently had issues with my bills. The United Alarm team were helpful in getting me to the right department. They were helpful with their recommendations and dealt with my situation in a professional manner. Satina - operations manager reached out to me to follow up and I was extremely satisfied with the compromised. Great customer retention and service.

Hi Truong

Thank you for leaving us such a great review. We always love getting feedback from our customers!

Jim from Calgary
Jim from Calgary

Alarm System

We have been using United Alarm for approx 5 years and wouldn't think of going elsewhere. The monitoring fees are very reasonable and they now offer doorbell cameras which we just added. Best of all....they are a local company! That means that when they call you are talking to someone in Calgary and you get a quick response!

Hi Jim

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 10-star review and your continued loyalty. Its customer like you that have helped make United Alarm the largest locally owned security company in Calgary.

Best Regards

MH in Calgary
MH in Calgary

Satisfied customer

The service we have received from United Alarm over the past several years has consistently been excellent. We can leave our house with the alarm system activated and feel at peace of mind. I would highly recommend United Alarm.

Hi MH

Thank you for your very nice review. Ig there is anything more we can do please let us know.

Warm Regards

Installed New House Alarm

Thank you Gerald for helping me choose a home alarm system & plan tailored to my needs. Installer was prompt & service was completed quickly. No pushy sales tactics which I like. Will definitely refer friends & family.

Thank you for taking the time for leaving Gerald and United Alarm this great review. We know there are lots of other options out there and we truly appreciate your business.

Thank you for supporting local!

Pat
Pat

Camera service

Don came to look at the issue I was having with our DVS camera set up. He was both very technically knowledgeable about the system, software and peripheral issues and most efficient in getting the problem resolved in a reasonable time. Could not have asked for better service!

Hi Pat

Thank you for leaving this great review and supporting a local Calgary Company

More about United Alarm

Introducing Calgary's #1 privately-owned residential and commercial security company! Since 1990, United Alarm has installed over 60,000 security systems in Calgary, and has a 99% approval rating among our multitudes of customers. This is proven by being named the Consumer’s Choice Award winner 7 straight years in a row!

Why Choose United Alarm?
Many security companies have placed your safety at the heart of their concerns. So why choose United Alarm over another alarm system company?

United Alarm is Calgary-owned and certified to better serve Calgary communities:
Founded in Calgary in 1990, United Alarm has more than 26 years of expertise in protection what is important to you.

With its ULC certification, United Alarm guarantees a quality service, with certified and police screened technicians.

Located in North East Calgary, we serve your community as well as Southern Alberta area. No overseas call center, only local operators.

Getting the security system that fit your needs:
We it comes to protecting what matters most, there is no one-fits-all system. Every house, apartment, business, practice or warehouse has different needs.

When most of security system companies offer unique solutions for homes and businesses, United Alarm builds with you the security structure that will give you the peace of mind you deserve.

Protect what matters most 24/7:
Office hours is not a schedule burglars are familiar with. They rather be the kind to strike at the appropriate time.

United Alarm takes care of your safety 24/7 thanks to an Alarm Monitoring station with back up Stations throughout Canada.

Not convinced? Here are some Awards United Alarm has received since its creation: