Gold Seal Caulking

Reviews for Gold Seal Caulking

Mario
Mario

Exterior Home Caulking

SUMMARY

Quick to respond prior to the job and quality of work looks great! But they didn’t pay attention to and/or indicate some deterioration of wood window frames (which they said they would) resulting in some of the caulking they did, being useless...

I have NOT been able to get them back, after waiting 1 Year, to do some additional/smaller paid work, or to caulk a vent they missed, or to re-caulk piping for a replaced furnace.

DETAILED FOLLOW-UP EXPERIENCE

I contacted Gold Seal along with two other companies around mid June to get quotes on caulking doors and windows. We had just renovated some second floor rooms with new hardwood floor and I had found some water had made it’s way in at some point. Not being able to get on a ladder, I relied on my inspection of the first floor doors and windows, that it was time for new caulking. Our house also has an attached garage, and there had been water getting in, when it rained right, between and underneath the flashing, and that was something else that needed caulking.

I went with Gold Seal and Mike because he seemed like a good guy, was the most competitive, talked a good talk indicating he’d let me know if he saw any problem areas, and mentioned how important customers are and that he’s got a CRM system in place, which gave me the impression he was on top of things, and things couldn’t easily fall by the wayside… He indicated a team would be over at our house in about 3 weeks to do the job, and when I mentioned the hardwood floor, Mike agreed to come within a few days to take care of a few key windows, and finish up the rest of the house weeks later.

When I informed the other two companies that I had decided to go with Gold Seal, they were very upset, and warned me to keep an eye on they to make sure they removed all of the old caulking.

On caulking day, the team showed up, and I let them do their thing, and paid attention to the noise (banging) as they removed the old caulking. During what I assume was their lunch brunch, most of the house had been done except for a vent, the garage roof flashing because they had run out of black caulking, and the side garage door. I went out to take a quick look, the work looked good, and I noticed that the old caulking had been removed from around some of the side garage door, but not all of it. I don’t recall hearing any noise (banging) after their lunch break and when they finished up - so I do wonder if all of the old caulking was removed from that garage door, and what the other doors and windows are really like.

When they had replaced the dryer vent and caulked it, they had pushed the inside tubing for the dryer, which I noticed after they had left. So when I re-adjusted the inside tubing, the outside vent they just replaced and caulked, fell to the floor. Turns out they did not screw the replacement vent, at least not this one, to the brick, they simply just caulked it in place. I sent Mike a message and he said he’d come back to fix it, as well as to finish up the flashing since he had run out of black caulking.

I paid Mike a day or two afterwards for the work.

Upon further, limited inspection (from the inside) of some of the second floor windows, a few days later - I noticed that some of the wood framed windows had cracks. That’s what I consider a serious issue or “problem area”, and I would’ve expected them to bring it to my attention, but they didn’t.

So along with Mike coming back to re-do the vent and finish up the flashing, I asked him to caulk any cracks and dry wood, and he did, at no extra charge.

Sept. 10/18 - it’s raining, and I find a significant amount of water on the inside of a window sill, as well as in the garage (though not as much as before, so the caulking there did help, but not completely). I reach out to Mike and he says he’ll come by to take a look. I assumed the seal where the glass meets the wood has failed, and so I reach out to a window repair company, who also happens to sub-contract their caulking work to Gold Seal. After a few chats, I leave it to the two of them to co-ordinate a plan and time to come look and figure out what’s going on. Subsequently I took a look at some of the other wood framed windows and counted about 4 or 5 that could benefit from having the areas where the glass meets wood caulked, to buy me some time before replacing the windows, and I provided this information for a quote.

Sept. 21/18 - Mike still hadn’t come, and I had not heard, so I sent both him and the window people an e-mail, Mike texts me back indicating he’ll drop by the next week (but he never did).

Oct. 17’sh - I call the window people indicating my disappointment that I had not heard from Mike, and he never dropped by as indicated multiple times. I promptly get an e-mail from Mike indicating he had e-mailed me a quote twice, and he asked I check my junk folder. The junk folder had zero e-mails from Mike or Gold-Seal, but it did have junk e-mails dating back to who knows when, so I know if his e-mails ended up there, they’d still have been there, but they were not. In a follow-up e-mail to Mike, after I expressed my disappointment to him directly that it had been 5 weeks and 2 days since I first contacted him and the window repair company about this work, he indicates “...wood work is not my area to price. If that needed to be expedited (the window repair people) should have sent a rep out…”. I get the quote, I say okay and Mike indicates they’ll be available the week of Oct. 29.

Nov. 4/18 - It had rained for several days during the end of October, so I assumed Mike and Gold-Seal were running behind, and I sent him an e-mail. Mike replied confirming the schedule has been pushed out, and said he’d follow up with me the following Monday.

Dec. 6/18 - Never heard back from Mike, so I sent him an e-mail, once again outlining the work I needed done, in addition I found that they had missed one vent when they were initially here, and we had our furnace replaced and need the piping re-caulked.

Dec. 10/18 - Still no reply from Mike, also checked my junk mail folder, no e-mails from him or Gold-Seal. So much for that CRM system…

Dec. 2018 - After I posted this review on Homestars, Mike promptly called me to talk about everything, and the review… I agreed to take it down, and we settled on doing the work, first thing in the spring of 2019.

Mar. 22/19 - Got the following e-mail from Mike; "Weather has been clearing up, just giving you a heads up I will be marking this in within the next week to complete the areas discussed. A second email with date will follow.”

Apr. 28/19 - I received another e-mail asking; "Let me know if 9th or 10th of May would work?”

May 2/19 - I replied with; "The 10th would be great, thanks!”

Sep. 3/19 - I texted Mike asking if he wanted to do the work or not. He replied the following day saying he’d schedule a date by the end of the week and advise. He asked if I had a preference for any days, and I replied; “any day is fine”.

Sep. 8/19 - No scheduled date or communications received.

Sep. 10/19 - Exactly 1 Year later, and the work has still NOT been done.

Client has been contacted. Unfortunately weather delays and work load had caused this additional work to be lost in the mix. We have taken responsibility for this error on our end and have scheduled this work to be completed within the next few days. We thank this client for allowing us to correct this and stand behind our word as he has been extremely patient.

r.u. in Toronto
r.u. in Toronto

Full exterior caulking of house

From quote to work performed Michael's team was excellent. A member of his team came out on a Sunday morning and walked me around my house and explained in detail the scope of the work. He provided a quote the same day and provided a timeline. The team came out on the day that was promised and completed the job the same day. Excellent workmanship and they installed two new exhaust fans free of charge. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company for caulking services.

Roberto

Roberto,
Thank you for taking time to write this review! I'm glad your pleased with the whole process.

VP
VP

Caulking Exterior Windows

Michael and the team have done an excellent job. From a prompt communication from quote inquiry to booking, these guys have great customer service. They did a great job at re-caulking windows, install new exhaust vents and cleaning their work. Would recommend you give them a try.

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with others to read! It was a pleasure working on your home!

Jacob from Mississauga
Jacob from Mississauga

Amazing Work

This is the 2nd time I am using Gold Seal Caulking to complete a caulking project. First time was in my previous home and now in my new home. When you meet Mike (the owner) you will get the sense that he truly cares about his customers. He is super easy to deal with, and his quality of work is beyond words. He uses the best caulking and has all the right tools to make the end product look neat and clean. He even caulked my vents, enclosure, light fixtures, furnace/water heater piping and GFCI outlet box for free. I wouldn't hesitate one bit in recommending Gold Seal Caulking to do any sort of caulking project you may have, interior or exterior. Mike, pleasure doing business again. Until next time, take care my friend.

Jacob, once again - a pleasure working with you. Please let us know if there's anything we can assist further with!

Bill in Brampton, Ontario
Bill in Brampton, Ontario

Exterior Caulking

If you are looking for quality work at an excellent price look no further. Gold Seal Caulking presented a quote that was very reasonable. Work was done in a expeditious manner.

Thank you for the review Bill! Our main priority is providing a quality product for our customers. I'm glad you felt we provided you with this.

B.D. from Richmond Hill
B.D. from Richmond Hill
6 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Exterior Caulking

We moved into a house that was 17 years old and still had the original caulking and it was in bad shape. Michael came by the house to give me a quote (which was reasonable) to remove the old caulking and apply new caulking around the exterior of the house. The team came by and did an amazing job removing the old caulking (and cleaning it up) and applying a new line of caulk around all of the windows and doors. They even re-did the furnace and vent fan openings as well and did a much cleaner job than the original HVAC installers did. The only issue we had (and it was our fault) was that a family member stepped in the wet caulking around a door and needed to be redone. Michael was good enough to come by and reapply the caulking and now it looks like new again. I would easily recommend Gold Seal to anyone.

Thank you very much for the review!

Raeid
Raeid
9 reviews Milton, ON

Full exterior caulking

This review is a year late. These guys completely exceeded my high expectations. They did not skimp with the caulk and applied it with the skill of a master in less than half a day. They even found areas to seal that I wasn't even aware of on my house. Excellent work.

Wow thank you! A year later and you took the time to write that, very much appreciated!! I'm glad we were able to exceed your expectations.

Gurdip in Toronto
Gurdip in Toronto

Gold performance

Professionalism at its best. As a homeowner for over 20 years I dealt with lot of contractors. I always tend to do my research and homework before hiring any contractors. Gold seal team knows what they are doing, if you are looking for caulking look no further. Nobody can beat there price, workmanship, customer service and professionalism. I already recommended him around my neighborhood and he got few more properties to do. Thanks again Michael and his team. Pleasure giving business to GOLD SEAL Company.

Thank you for the review! What a pleasure working with you. Looking forward to providing our service for your neighbours! Thank you again

Jason
Jason

Professional, Efficient and Quality

Very impressed with the quality of work, and the ability to complete caulking outside and inside on all windows and doors in approx. 4 hours. Clearly these guys know what they're doing and are very reasonable with their price (nearly half the price of some other quotes I received, and those didn't even include interior caulking!). Great job Michael and team!

Jason, thank you very much for the review! It was a pleasure to work on your home!

Neil from Milton
Neil from Milton
2 reviews Milton, ON

Whole home external and internal caulking

Worth every penny, and more. Excellent customer service and timely professional delivery. Fair pricing, and great people! Team responded to my questions quickly, cleaned up mold on windows and completed all internal and external work seamlessly with no disruption to my home and toddler routine. Quality workmanship. Awesome company!

Neil, thank you very much for the review! Do not hesitate to reach out should you feel the need. All the best!

More about Gold Seal Caulking

Gold Seal Caulking is a leader in the caulking industry. Providing professional high quality work with extensive knowledge of products and correct applications for both exterior and interior. With this skill set and our 10 year warranty coverage we are able to offer our customers a lasting product for many years.

If your in need of window caulking, door caulking, or any other structural caulking work for exterior or interior, Gold Seal Caulking is your answer!