Mv Drywall

James S from Oshawa
James S from Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Drywall, Taping & Boarding

I was very pleased with Erik and his crew, they did everything they said they would do and completed the job in an efficient and timely manner. I had a very tight timeline for my project, and I was super impressed by Erik's ability to fulfill my scheduling needs. I would highly recommend MV Drywall.

- James Steigerwald, Oshawa, Ontario

Mike from Oshawa
Mike from Oshawa
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Drywall Installation

I was looking for someone to drywall my basement and I found Erik and his team on Homestars with many great, local reviews. I called Erik and he was very quick to respond. He came out to see us at a time when we were available and immediately made us feel that he was the right person for the job. He gave us great advice and a great quote and then proceeded to do the job perfectly. Erik and his team were extremely professional and respectful and finished the job fairly quickly. The basement looks amazing and I will definitely use his company again. Thanks Erik!

Scott
Scott
2 reviews L1 R3 G5, ON

Basement Drywall

To summarize quickly, Erik and his team are amazing. Erik: Thank you again. High quality work, professional, courteous, genuine, cost effective and reliable. We were looking for a local company to complete the drywall work including taping & mudding for our basement being competed. Approx. 850 sq. ft. Right from my first call to request a quote, to Erik visiting our home, to listening to my requests (5/8s in the ceilings, cutting out holes for my in wall speakers, etc.), and all throughout the process, I could not have been more pleased. Kudos to Homestars for helping us find Erik too. Every step of the way Erik was helpful. I'm looking forward to having our awesome basement finished (getting there!) and seeing the final result. Bottom line: I will definitely call Erik for any drywall work I need in the future and will highly recommend him to my friends and family. Thanks again and well done Erik.

Scott, thank you for your business.
I'm happy to hear your basment project is moving forward.
It was great meeting you and your family.
Enjoy the basement!

Alex from Ajax
Alex from Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Basement finishing

I had been looking for a drywall contractor for our basement renovation and after having negative experiences with about 4 other contractors (e.g. not returning calls, not providing quotes) I was growing concerned. All that changed with Erik. He returned calls immediately, followed up, showed up when he said he would, and was professional throughout the entire process.

My basement project had a few differences compared to most. For example, I wanted 5/8" drywall predominantly instead of 1/2" UltraLite, a sound isolation room with double-5/8" drywall with Green Glue in-between the sheets, and a tight-spot against the stairs that required 3/8" drywall. I didn't know 3/8" drywall existed and Erik's suggestion solved this problem easily. I also had a combination of de-coupled ceilings with furring channel and wood studs. This requires attention to use the right fastener for metal or wood.

In addition, I requested the use of Dust Control drywall compound. Erik agreed to this as well and it did very much help keep the dust to a minimum while sanding, however the tapers/sanders mentioned they need to work harder at layering the compound since it's not as fluid as the regular compound.

Given all the differences in this job compared to a typical basement reno, including working with me as I spread the Green Glue between the 5/8" sheets for the room that needed it, I can firmly say Erik is very flexible and accommodating in his approach. He is professional and detailed and I would highly recommend him to anyone needing drywall installation.

On the very last day, just as Erik was leaving, the tile delivery truck arrived, predictably with just the driver to move 2 very large crates of very heavy stone tile. I asked Erik if he could help the driver and myself move these with the dolly into the garage, and Erik immediately assisted. Thanks Erik!

Alex thank you for your business!
I enjoyed working in your basement.
You did a great job framing and insulating your basement.
Nice meeting you and your family.

Sean Young from Pickering
Sean Young from Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Drywall installation and finishing

Erik and his company provided the highest quality of service we were looking for at a very fair price.

He was always available for questions and took the time to follow up on how the mudding and taping was coming along. It is evident that he takes pride in his work and wants to make sure that his clients are satisfied with the job that has been done.

I would highly recommend Erik and his company to anyone looking for quality drywall installation and finishing. It is hard to find quality work from contractors these days and it's nice to see a company like this one live up to expectations.

Thank you very much for your business Sean
It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife.
I hope your enjoying your new basement!

Heather from Courtice
Heather from Courtice
1 review Courtice, ON

Drywall main floor

I hired Erik and his team to drywall the main floor of my house after I had totally gutted it. They did a fantastic job! They worked quickly and were able work around my schedule. Everyone on site was friendly and professional. I highly recommend Erik and his team!

7 reviews Newcastle, ON

Drywall Entire First Floor

I hired Erik again to do a ob for me on another property that I am flipping, not long after a recent job he did for me. Every time I have used this company, they are always on time, quick in putting up the drywall, very clean, professional and organized. The workmanship is A+ and I would highly recommend Erik to anybody looking to do drywall and taping.

Little India  from Toronto
Little India from Toronto

Main Floor walls and vaulted ceilings

I was in search for someone to drywall my main floor that included vaulted ceilings. Erik and his team came highly recommended and did not disappoint, staring from the initial meet when he came to quote the project to the end when everything was completed and ready for priming. Erik and his team are very professional, easy going and great problem solvers. I would highly recommend his services without a doubt.
Thanks Erik!

Jody Logan from Oshawa
Jody Logan from Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Basement reno

I had the pleasure of having Erik board and mud and tape my basement. After having an initial quote done by Erik, I was impressed by his soft, easy going, pleasant demeanour. Erik started the job on time and was always available to answer any questions and offer any advice. Erik even took the time to help square off and shiva few places that were out in the bulk heads. I would recommend Erik to anybody that is looking for drywall installation. I found him very professional and personal. A very reliable contractor who was on time and on budget.

7 reviews Newcastle, ON

Basement Drywall & Tape

Erik and his team did an excellent job doing the drywall and taping for my entire basement. They showed up on time and kept the workspace very clean. The workmanship was very professional and as a general contractor myself, I will HIGHLY recommend Erik to my associates, family and friends! Thank you.

More about Mv Drywall

MV Drywall offers professional installation of drywall and finishing. I offer great pricing and delivery right into your home. If your looking for your basement or addition or your custom home to be drywalled and finished ready for paint, don't hesitate to call I am more then willing to answer ...
Looking for Drywall Contractors pros in Oshawa?