Hardwood Giant

Floor Retailers
8032 Torbram Road Brampton L6T 3T2
HomeStars  >  Floor Retailers in Brampton  >  Hardwood Giant
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Hardwood Giant

Dharmesh P from Toronto

I had a flood in my basement and had to some damaged baseboards, flooring and portions of the wall... chose Hardware Giant due to a promotion they were having to replace my flooring and baseboards. The product is alright and installers were decent... though they didn't do a great job of the cleanup. However, during the measuring and finalizing of the invoice... there was a transcription error by the guy who took the measurements (Kamran) and he didn't write down that the Baseboards were needed in the back rooms. So when the installers came... they didn't have it. I'll take my blame in not asking about the baseboard as I had assumed the term "Primed white Shoe Moulding" meant the baseboards.... the customer service sucks!!! Kamran refused to correct the situation and get me my missing baseboard installed citing MY error to look over the invoice and detect the baseboard was not there....

2 reviews Montreal, PQ

don't deal with them.
STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY
Fake prices... after you agree on one price they change the prices
Don't go to Babar, he is not saying the truth .. don't trust him or deal with him
stay away from them, they even send you different color and product

rich litvak from Vaughan

Kamran and Hardwood Giant helped us match the flooring style and colour we needed expertly. The pricing was very competitive and the lead times were spot on. The quality of the product delivered was excellent and the colour matched perfectly. Kamran did the estimate at our home and made recommendations for changes I had not thought of, but made complete sense. The installers did a fantastic job with great attention to detail. The finished product looks beautiful and exceeded our expectations. Kamran was a pleasure to deal with and acted professionally from start to finish. Highly recommended. I will say that some of the negative reviews on this site concerned me, but Hardwood Giant lived up to only the most positive of reviews.

I went to a few stores and found hardwood giant to have the best prices, my sales person Kamran was very helpful and gave great customer service. I would recommend them if your looking to get flooring for your house.

Wael Almalky from Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

They sold us hard maple but it turned out to be soft birch. I took a sample to Lakehead University wood laboratory (certified wood laboratory) and they did some tests until they confirmed it was cheap soft birch that you can easily dent with your fingers and leave marks. I went back to Hardwood Giant with the lab report and tried to call them several times but they wouldn't respond. I visited their location and showed them the lab report but they DENIED it. DO NOT buy from them or else you would lose thousands of dollars on low quality wood that is not even worth a fraction of the price.

You have to be very careful and alert when you deal with them. They trick you in paying the deposit. They told me they will come for free to estimate of course after the deposit. After the visit to my unit the preliminary invoice went up 350.00 they added unnecessary stuff. Since the deposit is not refundable i went ahead . When the installers came i made sure i count every product and made sure they installed what i paid including baseboards etc..
The installer did not even bring with him 3 of the items. There was one laminate box extra although the installer said otherwise. I made sure to call the office while the installer was in my unit to tell them for the missing items . Even the the installer reported one item less i guess wanted to keep gor himself. I had to put another fight for it. At the end i was able to save almost 400
I recommend to buy the hardwood separate and hire an installer through word of mouth then youll have less headache . They all suck . Every one tries to make money behind your back by fooling you. Very unethical .
It was very stressful..but glad it is over .

Would be Customer in Brampton

Whatever you do don't give them your credit card... change your mind for whatever reason credit card will not be refunded. Made an appointment with them for in-home consultation and square footage verification. I clearly understood that if I cancelled the order after the in-home consultation that a portion of my deposit would go towards the service rendered. Days before the consultation I visited the show room to cancel the appointment and collect me deposit. Well to my surprise the consultant was paid in advance and could not get it back and as for the balance of my deposit... their policy is to mail you a cheque not credited on my credit cart as I processed it. I should have followed my gut the the time... In this place... the customer wrong.

Tanya in Keswick
1 review Georgina, ON

It was really great experience to purchase Hardwood Floor from Hardwood Giant. I am glad to meet pretty awesome people at Customer Service Desk. Particularly Mr. Maqbool was a great personality who not only helped me in unloading floor box from my car rather accommodated me to return one extra box even after 30 days which was really Superb! I would strongly recommend to buy best quality flooring from Hardwood Giant at very affordable price. The quality of product and customer service both are best.

SANDOS  in Scarborough

As Interior Decorator ,I found very big collection of hardwood ,many choices ,good prices ,and very helpful sales associates !!!! even they have nice collection of new tiles as well.

Chris G in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

I am very impressed with the quality of product and service from Anjum. He was very helpful and his professional advice was appreciated.
He allowed me to take many samples from the showroom home to compare to the stain on my stairs.
I will be buying more hardwood for my upstairs very soon.
I would recommend Hardwood Giant 100%.
Chris from Burlington.