Electricians

Reviews for Green Planet Electric

Private User in Toronto
Private User in Toronto

Wiring for dishwasher

Mark was extremely professional, efficient and pleasant to deal with. I appreciated his explanation of how the work would be done, the estimated time to complete and overall cost. Moving forward I will absolutely recommend Mark to anyone who needs an electrician - and will certainly hire him again should we require additional electrical services in the future.

Hello we are encouraged by reviewers who experience the benefits of our tradesman-ship that is achieved only by hard work behind the scenes for exceptional clients like you. Your corporation for this work helped greatly.

Thanks Sincerely,
GPE

JD from Toronto
JD from Toronto

New construction wiring - one room

There were too many issues with the work Mark did. There was access to the space before insulation and drywall went up, so most of the job should have been simple to execute.

We had an outlet box installed over a door for an outdoor light, it was supposed to be centered over the door. He didn’t install it centered. It looks dumb and can’t be fixed (without leaving a hole in the siding).

Mark didn’t seem very familiar with installing baseboard heaters (?), and didn’t understand when I explained I wanted a wall thermostat. He just put on a cheap dial on the baseboard itself. Even if he thought I wanted that (and who does?), it is weird that he wouldn’t advocate for a wall thermostat which is the typical way these are wired up. Again, this is a situation I have to live with since the room is now spray foam insulated and drywalled.

The job involved wiring an outdoor building to an electric panel located in a finished basement. Pulling wires through a ceiling was a factor. Mark balked at the idea of fishing some Cat5 back to a router. He wanted to run it not inside the ceiling or wall, but on the outside of the wall, tacked up near the ceiling. That’s nuts. He did eventually agree to pull the wires, but he had to be talked into it.

To sum up, I have some concerns around his attention to detail and his resistance to doing the work so that it looks good and functions well. He did offer a slight discount on the job due to the issues. However, the discount doesn’t fix the issues. It doesn’t get me a light that is centered or a wall thermostat, which is what I was happy to pay for.

To be fair - he does get back to requests for quotes and does show up to do the work.

Hi JD,

We value your feedback although our technicians are trained to provide the best service to our clients...we apologize that this did not go the way you had predicted. The numbers don't add up. In the past many other reviewers had quite a different experience than yours.

If we can rectify this in any way please let us know.

Thanks again, GPE

Cam
Cam

Installation of Six Light Fixtures

Mark is a consummate professional who did an amazing job! He was extremely courteous and always solicited my feedback before he finalized each install. He completed the work on time and within the original quote he gave me. Overall, we are very pleased with the results and wouldn’t hesitate to hire Mark again for future projects!

I’ve attached a couple of samples of his work.

Hi Cam,

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to provide a wonderful review of our technicians work, we are all extremely grateful for that... our hope is to continue to provide the same high standards all of our clients have come to expect.

Thanks Sincerely, GPE

One in Toronto
One in Toronto

Help run and install my portable generator

Mark showed up last minute and helped in getting my portable generator hooked up, and even though the generator was faulty, he stuck through it and tried to get it going, even drove me to the gas station for gas in the middle of a power failure. His is a gentleman.

Hello, Your determination to get your generator up and running during the storm also motivated our technician to perform beyond his normal Call of Duty... bringing out the humanitarian spirit which we at Green Planet Electric won't hesitate to display when situations demand it.
Thank you for your wonderful review of his actions...

We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Sincerely GPE

Electrical work

I was provided an estimate that ended up costing 5 times the original quote. Job was never completed and we cut our losses and chalked this up as a bad experience.

hello Private User, We wonder why you choose hide your identity...amongst all the other users who identified themselves and provided us with accurate positive feedback, yours is completely untrue...

Sho in Toronto
Sho in Toronto

Highly Recommend

I hired Mark for what should have been simple installation of 6 pot lights. It turned out that the ceiling was put up on top of the original plaster ceiling which meant a more complicated and messy job. Mark was a star. The job was long and dirty and much tougher than it should have been. The result is beautiful. Mark is professional, polite, and kind.

Hello Sho, thanks for your wonderful review of the work our trained technician provided you. we are glad that our persistence behind-the-scenes are paying off with more and more satisfied clients like you. we look forward to working with you again in the near future oh and by the way if you have any problems with the work or technician provided please don't hesitate to let us know we will take care of it.

thanks again GPE

Fast and professional

We tried to replace an old outdoor light fixture ourselves. It took us half a day and the results were pretty awful. I called Mark at Green Planet Electric to try and right the situation. I was pressed for time as I had other appointments that day. He was very accommodating, moved a few appointments around and arrived about two hours later, exactly when he said he would. He discussed two possible options for fixing the light, I chose one and he proceeded to uninstall then reinstall the light fixture properly. He was calm, methodical and very professional and I am very happy with the end result. From now on, Mark will be my go-to electrician. Thanks!

LJ from Etobicoke
LJ from Etobicoke

Replace Outdoor Plug/Fix breaker in Electrical Panel

Happy to add to Mark's outstanding rating on Homestars. He was able to fit me in at short notice and resolved my issue quickly and efficiently. Installed a new outlet, made sure there were no problems in the electrical panel and brought me up to code with a new cover for the outlet. He also didn't mind answering all my questions (I ask a lot of questions...) and was friendly and professional. I'll definitely use his services again and I highly recommend him! Thanks Mark!

Hello LJ,

As a rule, we focus on efficiency in carrying out our work, we train our technicians in many areas including customer service they are retrained regularly in electrical technology especially these days with the increase in new technology that influence so many areas of our lives. we're glad we could fit you in easily.

let us know how we can help next time.

Thanks, GPE

Arthur from Toronto
Arthur from Toronto

multiple small electrical repairs

Mark did a number of small repairs -- an outdoor GFI plug, repairs to one ceiling fan and replacing another, and threading an ethernet cable through some walls. He explained everything clearly, and scheduled a later time to do the tasks that required additional parts. He was unfailingly polite and efficient.

Hi Arthur,

We are all very pleased to know that our technicians carry out their duties exactly as they are trained. we are also extremely grateful for your review to let us and the rest of the world know how we do - we strive to make our projects a success for all.

Thanks again, GPE

Brno from Toronto
Brno from Toronto

Replace old fluorescent tube fixtures, redo wiring

We recently had an emergency where we could smell some burnt plastic but could not find the source of the smell. Mark came over within an hour of being called and quickly identified the source as an old fluorescent light fixture in the basement. He disconnected the faulty fixture and came back a few days later to redo the wiring and replace four old fixtures including the faulty one. A pleasure to work with, he was very patient explaining what needed to be done and all our options, and also took care of two unrelated electric sockets that were not working properly in other parts of the house. We've already recommended him to 2 friends since his visit.

Hello Bruno,

Thanks for your positive review about our technician ...all of our technicians are trained to perform an outstanding job for our valued clients. we are glad you had a good experience.

We look forward to working with you again soon.

Thanks GPE

More about Green Planet Electric

Earn AIR MILES with us - conditions and restrictions apply http: / / gpetelectric. com/ air-miles/ - Electrician, Electricians, Electrical, Lighting, pot lights, Electrical box (panel) upgrade, Fuse box upgrade Straight forward pricing based on your needs: 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for any Electrical Service or Repair. Equipment & Fixture Guarantee: ...
Looking for Electricians pros in Toronto?