Klz Roofing Ltd.

WINNIPEG MB R2G3R1
Klz Roofing Ltd.

Reviews for Klz Roofing Ltd.

KP in Winnipeg
KP in Winnipeg
1 review Winnipeg, MB

Roof

KLZ did our roof seven years ago and to the untrained eye, all looked well. This year after some torrential rain and driving winds, we found out just how poorly KLZs job held up. We got some water damage in my daughters room. We called KLZ and they sent some one out to inspect the roof. He reported to me he could not find many problems, maybe a couple of minor caulking issues, but he had taken a whole bunch of pictures to show the owner, Kirk. I asked him if he could forward those to me so I could show my husband but he said no, he would forward them to Kirk and have him get back to us. We waited over a month and Kirk did not contact us. Following another torrential rain and driving wind, I noticed our bedroom had some water damage. I called in a water damage specialist and he brought in a roofer that works with him on occasion to inspect the roof. The guy came back down with pictures of shoddy workmanship of the roof. The roofer hadn’t even installed drip edges which he said may have been another reason our roof leaked. He did say the drip edges were an option that one could choose when getting the roof done but KLZ had never offered it as an option or we would have taken it considering the roof is protecting our home and it’s contents. The water damage expert said that the roofing company has insurance for just such a thing so I should talk to him to see if his insurance would cover our water damage renovations.

I then called KLZ and talked to Kirk, and when I say talk, I am being polite, as he spent all his time yelling at me when I was being civil and trying to get some help after a stressful experience. He said he would not cover the water damage with his insurance, that it was our obligation to go on our roof every five years to inspect and recaulk anything needing recaulking. (We have owned two other homes and have never had to go up every five years to recaulk anything and have never had any water damage or roof issues in the past) One, he never told us that we had to go up every five years to recaulk when the job was done 7 years ago. Two, We are not roofers so how are we supposed to know what caulking is missing or where to look and three, caulking wasn’t going to help the job they did, with gaps in shingles and the poor work they did according to the roofer our water damage specialist brought in. Kirk then asked what our warranty was, which I did not know at the time, he then demanded my address, saying he is not at his office and would have to look up our warranty, he asked for my phone number and proceeded to hang up on me. I never heard from him since. So, apparently he is good at taking money for a job but when it comes to warranty, he is not so keen on customer service. I found this out after I started researching recent reviews on his company. Many of those reviews, including the complaint on here expressed similar experiences of rude and aggressive behaviour on the phone, lack of interest in customer service and honouring warranties, shoddy workmanship, poor communication, etc. You have only to look KLZ up to see these review statements are not made up. Buyer beware, folks.

Another thing, I did have an additional roofer out to inspect our roof and his comments were, this roof was either done in a hurry or done by inexperienced roofers. He found rotting wood, poor trimming, gaps in shingles,no drip edges installed,etc.

Kirk will also come on here blaming the customer like he did with the previous complaintant on here. He will claim he did send someone out to check the roof no charge,which he did, but the guy he sent did nothing and couldn’t find anything obvious to cause the leaks which is convenient since if he did they would have to fix them and pay for our Renos. It is also convenient that this roofer KLZ sent out would not forward me a copy of the pictures he took on the roof. Further, if two other roofing companies found poor workmanship and KLZs man did not notice or admit to anything like that then that is telling as to the kind of company it is and to the poor expertise of its roofers. Kirk was supposed to contact me once when his roofer came to inspect and second after our phone conversation and neither time did he get back to me. So, if he says as a defence to my complaint that he made attempts to resolve the situation, he did not. He was the only roofer to have touched our roof since we bought the home so no defence there either, Kirk.

K.C. from Winnipeg
K.C. from Winnipeg
1 review Winnipeg, MB

Eaves

I hired KLZ to replace the eaves on my house. My experience included:

Workers who left a mess

Argued with each other all day

Did not install the materials correctly, so that they leaked.

Refusal to come and look at the job, to see my concerns

Said they would report me to the Better Business Bureau (That part I still don't understand)

The owner has admitted the job was done poorly, but has yet to fix all the mistakes made. Instead crews were sent out to fix one section, and then they told me the job was done.

Every section of the eaves were leaking. So fixing one corner did not solve the problem.

The company refused to meet with me. They did set a time, once, to meet with me, then showed up an hour ahead, and when I wasn't home, said that after "numerous attempts" I was impossible to meet with.

This customer requested a 24 hour notice so that he could be home to meet with the owner of the company. Prior to the customer writing this review, an appointment was set aside for May 7th, well within his 24 hr. notice. The outcome however was the customer refusing to meet. This is a customer that the company has on several attempts tried to make happy. This is a customer that will not meet his own demands and is unable to be satisfied. KLZ Roofing stands behind their work and their warranties.

Chester Magnuson from Winnipeg
Chester Magnuson from Winnipeg
4 reviews Winnipeg, MB

Shingle Replacement

From the beginning of the project to completion I was none other than satisfied. The crew were efficient and hard workers. They took the time out of their work to answer my questions and although I expected my yard to look somewhat like a construction site after, this was not what happened. You would never have known I had a construction crew in my yard. As well the follow-up done by Kirk after the completion of the job was excellent. I would recommend this company to anyone based on their competitive prices and definitely the comfort I felt with the workers and the owner of the company himself who took the time out of his schedule to come and see me upon completion and answer any questions I had. Of which I had none as his crew had already quite courteously answered all of them.

The only thing that I am even more happy with is that I don't have to replace my shingles for sometime now. It's a necessary expense to maintain a home but gee golly it doesn't make the out of pocket expense hurt any less! Haha.

Thank you for the excellent review. It's always wonderful to hear back from our customers.

Looking for Roofing pros in Winnipeg?