Norseman Construction & Development LTD

Builders
1304 Woodbine Ave Toronto ON M4C 4E7
HomeStars  >  Builders in North York  >  Norseman Construction & Development LTD

Reviews for Norseman Construction & Development LTD

InToronto in Old Toronto
InToronto in Old Toronto

Basement renovation and front entrance renovation

The work I needed to get done was a bit small for Norseman but they did agree to give a quote and do the work. I liked the following:
- They scrupulously stuck to the quote and let me know when things were extra and how I wanted to proceed; clear when amounts were due for the work done
- I did not have much time to spend on the project so I left Norseman to do a lot of the choices based on my Ideas: tiles, cabinets, door etc. They selected everything, got it delivered and installed and so it lifted a big weight. from my shoulders; in the end it was all fine.
- Personnel working on this is very personable, respectful of property, keeping me up to date on what's happening.
However, like any renovation project, one has to be very patient: any delay in one area (for instance an unforeseen situation being uncovered or a supplier not performing) can cascade into other delays.

Hello!

Thank you very much for your review. Our clients having an exceptional adventure with us is important. Thank you for sharing your adventure.

Nick in Toronto
Nick in Toronto

Basement Renovation

After a lot of research, we hired Norseman for a complete basement renovation in our home. The project took place over the bulk of the summer and beginning of fall and we could not be happier with the result. The quality of the work is top notch, with high-quality material and diligent attention to detail. The aspect that impressed us the most was our project manager Greg. He kept up frequent and thorough communication throughout the project and was very patient with us when we made changes/additions to the original scope of work. Furthermore, he provided suggestions throughout the project that we were very happy with and always went out of his way to ensure that things were done the right way. Throughout the renovation, Greg and his team were polite, punctual and left everything as clean as possible at the end of each day. We would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking to do a renovation and should the circumstances arise we would definitely use them again in the future.

Hello Nick,

Thank you for the glowing review! We at Norseman work really hard to make the experience of creating your dream home a success. We agree, Greg is a great project manager - he just won our Norseman Award of Recognition!

Andrew in Toronto
Andrew in Toronto

Kitchen Reno

An amazing experience! Norseman surpassed my expectations. I had previous problems with other contractors not delivering on their promises. So, I was skeptical at first but Norseman delivered exemplary service and under the estimated budget. During the reno they found some problem areas when they gutted the kitchen. Norseman was so helpful in offering me inexpensive solutions to help solve the issues quickly. The whole experience left me feeling like they really cared about their clients and were proud of their work. My new kitchen looks amazing and my family loves it! I normally don't give glowing reviews but these guys earned it!

Hello Andrew!

Thank you very much for your glowing review! We work hard and care about our clients. We are happy that you are happy with your experience with Norseman!

Joseph in Toronto
Joseph in Toronto

kitchen, & basement renovation

I was recommended to Norseman from a family friend for a renovation for my home by the beaches, I dealt directly with Mr. Kris Potts & he delivered on every promise throughout my renovation. I must have called him three times a day during this project & it was a pleasure dealing with him everytime. I definitely pass my recommendation to use Norseman for any of your renovation needs, thank you guys.

Hello Joseph!

Kris will for sure miss talking to you everyday!

Thank you for the lovely review!

Kat01 in Toronto
Kat01 in Toronto

Basement Reno

After doing lots of research we decided on Norseman to do our basement renovation (extended bathroom, floors, and stairs). Our project manager Greg was very professional - he sent email updates through every step and also offered great design advice. Andrei did a lot of the work and he's very skilled. Everything was left as clean as possible at the end of each day and they were always available to discuss the work, changes, etc. We are planning to use Norseman again to do some renos to the upstairs and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them! So if you are willing to pay for quality work and want trustworthy people in your home, then Norseman is for you!

Hello Kat01!

Thank you very much for your wonderful review!

Norseman enjoyed working with you and completing your lovely new renovation.

We are looking forward to working with you again!

Have a great day!

Linda in Toronto
Linda in Toronto

Main floor and front porch renovation

Our semi-detached house was built in 1913 and a 3-story detached extension was added 40 years ago, so the place was badly in need of a complete overhaul. The first company’s quote came in very high so we kept looking. A large home in the area was being renovated and it looked amazing. That’s how Keith and I found out about Norseman Construction and hired them to renovate our main floor and front porch.

We chose to live in the house during the renovation. It was a bit tricky with all the construction dust and living without a kitchen, but it was very rewarding to come home every day to see the progress, as well as the problems. Repairs and renos from previous owners had disastrous results like rotted joists in the basement from a slow leak due to nailing through the roof liner. Under the main floor wood beam ceiling was a tile ceiling and under that was a lath and plaster ceiling.

Thankfully the project manager Greg, and construction supervisor Andrei are highly skilled, hard working and know how to do things right. Really nice guys by the way, and very helpful by steering us away from bad design choices. Greg suggested we go with tile in the kitchen rather than hardwood throughout that I had asked for – I realize now what a mistake that would have been! Greg, Andrei and their team transformed our dark and dingy home into a modern, sleek and light filled space. The front porch is no longer an embarrassment and the main floor is now a wow. Our friends and family can't believe it's the same place! We could not be happier with the results and would definitely recommend Norseman Construction to others. Our only regret is that we didn’t renovate the 2nd floor at the same time!

Hello Linda and Keith!

Thank you for such a wonderful review!

We are extremely happy that you had a great experience working with us - if only there were no hidden surprises when walls and ceilings come down! We also had a lovely time working with you on your main floor renovation! We hope to work with you again in the future!

Have a great day and thank you again for sharing your experience with us through HomeStars!

Garage build

Finally I renovated my garage. It was a big investment for us but Norseman did such a great job. Wonderful company to deal with, great ideas, very professional. Thank you!

Hello!

Thank you very much for your review of Norseman! It is greatly appreciated!

Main floor renovation

We are very happy with Norseman!

Our main floor was a distaster. Norseman was a pleasure to work with from start to finish.

Josh, sales team, was full of helpful ideas.

Dave, PM, was great at communicating with us though our entire project.

What more can we say? We recommend
Norseman and will use them again.

Thank you for the kind review.

It was a pleasure to work with you as well!

Jon in Toronto
Jon in Toronto

Basement Renovation

The project involved a total basement renovation, including a laundry room, full bathroom, living room and built-in storage. The job started on time and came in exactly on budget. Our lead contractor, Greg, was excellent to deal with. He sent daily e-mails with updates and photographs of the job. He was quick to respond to all of our questions and concerns. All of my interactions with the company were very professional. These guys are pros.

Hi Jon,

Thank you for the great review.
I have shared your review with the team and we want to wish you a great summer and please feel free to contact us any time!

More about Norseman Construction & Development LTD

Based in Toronto, Norseman Construction & Development Ltd. has been a leader in residential renovations and custom home construction since 2005. From concept to completion, we take a client’s vision and make it a reality through a comprehensive process to ensure the finished product exceeds expectations.
Our wealth of experience, skilled expertise and attention to detail enables us to offer you innovative solutions, competitive pricing and the ability to meet milestones. We appreciate how much your project means to you. That’s why we approach each project with professionalism, integrity and adaptability while maintaining open communication with you every step of the way.
We pride ourselves in Home additions, renovations, custom home building and design.
Let us partner with you to create the home of your dreams.