Odd Job Handyman Services

Odd Job Handyman Services

Best of 2019 winner 3 timesBest of 2019winner 3 times

Reviews for Odd Job Handyman Services

Caulking and grout services

Very straightforward process to communicate and receive a quote. Communication was timely and effective and the job was completed in a timely manner. Being a landlord that lives overseas, having a simplified process was ideal and it was great receiving the pictures of the finished work sent to me. Would highly recommend Odd Job!

Thanks for the kind review! We hope we get to work together again!

Fletcher in Toronto
Fletcher in Toronto

Home repairs

I contacted Odd Job Handyman Services to see if they could help with our to-do list around the house. Right from the outset they were professional and responsive to our requests. Pierre did an excellent job on our tasks. He was thorough, tidy and punctual. We look forward to using Justin and Odd Job Handyman Services again soon.

Thanks for the kind review! We look forward to helping you out again in the future!

JS in Old Toronto
JS in Old Toronto

Carpentry project

Had been wanting to convert an old TV cabinet into a computer desk, but didn't know how to go about it or have the time. Found Odd Job online and glad I did! They did the all material sourcing for me; showed up on time and even finished faster than the original quote said so I ended up paying less than expected, that was a nice surprise! Very happy all around with the entire experience. Will be using them again for sure!

Thanks for the nice review! We're looking forward to helping you again in the future!

Jocelyn in Toronto
Jocelyn in Toronto

Excellent response time!

After reaching out to several handyman/odd job businesses and getting no response at all, Odd Job responded within less than 24 hours with a quote and we were able to arrange an appointment that week. We had our shower door repaired including leveling the door, replacing the shower door sweep, and replacing some quarter round that had been damaged by water. The technician came right at the estimated time and was very friendly and professional. There were a couple of things with the job that they hadn't anticipated but he trouble shooted to ensure the job got done. The workmanship is great and he cleaned everything up nicely afterwards. Overall I would definitely recommend them and will be using them again!

Thanks for the kind review, Jocelyn! We'd love to work with you again in the future!

Jacqui in Toronto
Jacqui in Toronto

Handyman

We had Sean from Odd Jobs come last week and were very pleased with his work. He was friendly and practical. We'll be happy to use the company again. Thanks!

Thanks for the kind review! We're glad we could help, and we look forward to helping you out again!

Chris
Chris

Small Drywall Job

Odd Job Handyman did fantastic work on my small project. I had gutted our front-hall closet to insulate and make minor repairs, and hired odd job to drywall and prime the space. The work was conducted as scheduled, completed on time and inline with the estimate, done to a high quality standard and completely cleaned up when finished. I have other jobs waiting that I feel comfortable in having the company look after for me.

Thanks, Chris! We're glad we could be of service.

urigaalex in Old Toronto
urigaalex in Old Toronto

Hanging Large mirror and other items

I needed to hang a number of Items in my condo. I contacted odd job Handyman and received a quote quickly.

We booked the appointment and The Handyman came over on time. He was very polite and completed the job very quickly and to our satisfaction. My wife and I were both really impressed with the level of professionalism and experience of this gentleman.

I highly recommend this service to my family and friends. Thank you for your hard good work.

From Tanvi and Alex

Thanks for the review! We're glad we could help!

Arvid in Old Toronto
Arvid in Old Toronto

Handrail installation

After I broke my femur in a ski accident I needed a handrail on my stairs and grab bars in the bathroom put in ASAP. I called up Odd Job on a Monday morning. That evening Justin dropped by to do an estimate. The work was scheduled for later that week and the worker (Shawn) showed up at the scheduled time. Shawn did a great job, making sure that the rails were installed at the correct height for me. I've been using the handrail for a few days now and it is solid. I'm pleased with the quality of the work.

Thanks for the review! We'd be glad to help you with your next project.

Mayur in Mississauga
Mayur in Mississauga

Replace tub spouts

Odd Job responded quickly with a quote, and after some back and forth emails to clarify the job (I bought the parts myself) they provided an online confirmation with the booking. Everything was clear and straightforward.

The day of the job Pierre arrived early and was friendly and easy to deal with. He explained the work as he was doing it and answered all my questions. He cleaned up everything and the work looks and works great.

Thanks for the review! We'd be glad to help you with your next project.

Rommel from Toronto
Rommel from Toronto

Mold in shower, install large blinds and odd jobs

Saverio and Shawn were great! Very pleased with what they did to my shower area and other odd jobs (loose laminate tile, caulking replacements). I had also requested that a spalled area of my loft brick wall just be cleaned up and painted over. Saverio explained to me why it wasn’t a good idea and gave me suggestions which I appreciated and now exploring. Highly recommended

Thanks for the review! We're glad we could help!

More about Odd Job Handyman Services

ABOUT US

Odd Job Handyman Services began in 2008 with one man and his truck. It's since grown to be one of the largest and most reliable contractors in Toronto, serving thousands of homeowners and businesses throughout the city. On Feb. 16, 2017, it was one of five handyman services in Ontario to be officially named "Best of 2017" by Homestars, the largest network of home professionals in Canada.

Odd Job offers a wide range of services including drywall, painting, tiling, flooring, millwork, hanging, junk removal, furniture assembly, basic plumbing & electrical and all general repairs. The work performed by Odd Job is covered by a two-year warranty.

The staff at Odd Job is fully licensed, bonded and insured, and every member has been background-and-identity-checked. They're hand-selected from the "best of the best" in local professional circles (each with at least three positive references) and subjected to a series of in-shop tests before they're admitted into the team.

HISTORY

It all started with Justin George, an exceptionally-handy property manager who had great difficulty convincing professional contractors to visit his building for "small jobs." Justin, a red seal tradesman, was so tired of contractors telling him "it wasn't worth their time" that he was forced to take care of most of the repairs and maintenance himself.

He realized he was far from the only person who was in this predicament. There were many people without the time, the tools or the talent to recaulk their shower stall, hang their favourite paintings or repair a few pot lights.

Not everyone trusts the mystery men on Craigslist and Kijiji, and so Justin wanted to provide them a professional option. "It might be a small job, but it's a big deal," Justin said, "People need a company that treats it that way."

Mr. George graduated from George Brown College with a degree in mechanical engineering and from the University of Western Ontario in 2011 with a degree in technological education, manufacturing and construction. He is an Accredited Manufacturing and Construction Educator and a member in good standing of the Association of Certified Handyman Professionals (ACHP). He loves cats, guitar and building things (anything). His most important values are honesty, quality and consistency and his motto is: "There's always a way to get the job done right."

PRICING

We offer a la carte, task-based pricing for all of our standard services. Our extensive experience has given us a tried-and-true system for evaluating the duration and cost for virtually every standard project."

BUSINESS & PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SERVICES

Odd Job also serves many small businesses, including retail stores, office facilities and income properties. Our project manager was a longtime property manager and every member of the team has extensive experience in facilities management. Among the many businesses that trust Odd Job are Shoppers Drug Mart, Holt Renfrew, Burberry, Fresh Restaurants and LensCrafters.

Let us take care of you while you take care of business!

Handyman Services, Bathroom & Kitchen - Fixtures & Accessories, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Furniture, Home Office Renovation, Decks, and Drywall Contractors
We offer a wide range of handyman services, including all general repairs, hanging, grout and caulking, furniture assembly & maintenance, cabinetry installation, carpentry, painting (mostly interior), drywall installation & repairs, door installation & repairs, deck installation & repairs, fence installation & repairs, shelving installation, window treatment installations, basic plumbing, site work, demolitions, clean-up, junk removal, and much more. We also offer premium renovation services. Call (416) 520-1161 and request a quote from our renovations division today. We will establish a budget, timeline and plan in advance, and then provide the highest quality of labour, materials and expertise to make it happen. We offer a wide range of maintenance services to homeowners, tenants, property owners, real estate agents and many of the city's most important businesses. Odd Job offers a la carte pricing for all of our services. Our extensive experience has given us a tried-and-true system for evaluating the duration and cost for virtually every standard project.
We specialize in the things found on your "honey-do" list - hanging, drywall, tiling, all general repairs, and small to mid-size renovations.
2008
Visa, MasterCard, Interac, Check, Cash, E-Transfer
Metro License: T85-4305843
Association of Certified Handy Professionals
$125 includes minor materials
PROJECT RATE
1000 +
Our 2-year warranty covers all general repairs and some installations. The warranty does not cover moisture damage, ground shifting, weather-related damage, material failure or change in mind.