Odd Job Handyman Services

laura h. from Old Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Condo Upgrade

Assisted Review

Justin and Odd Job were great !. They Listened to my problems and explained their solutions clearly and effectively. They were also a pleasure to have around while they worked.
They are professional, tidy,clean and efficient.They do such a good job I use them for my business as well.

On this particular visit the Odd job crew stripped and re-polished the the concrete counter tops, installed floating shelves and built & installed custom shelving in our closet.

Thanks Laura, it's always a pleasure to work with you. Looking forward to our next visit!

David Chiarucci from Toronto
David Chiarucci from Toronto

Ceiling repair, painting

I contracted Justin to fix my ceiling which suffered water damage and also to fix a large hole in my wall. He did an excellent job fixing both. I then asked to have the room painted where the water damage occurred, he delivered again and did a great job. His estimations are fair and accurate. I wouldn't hesitate to hire him again or recommend his services to someone else.

Hi David! We're really glad to hear you were pleased with our work on the room. We look forward to helping you again. Thanks for the review!

Liam Toronto
Liam Toronto

Condo repairs

Very impressed with work completed by Justin and his team (installing new toilet, painting, replacing electrical switches, etc.). Professional staff, on-time, quick responses, and willing to work around your schedule.

Hi Liam! Good to hear that you were pleased with the work and the service, and we look forward to hearing from you again. Thanks for the review!

Sumeet
Sumeet

Chandelier install, new closet shelves, mirror onto wall

Since I first worked with Justin I was relieved to find a reliable handyman. This team has come in to replace faucets, install chandeliers, put up wall hangings, replace electrical switches, paint, put up wallpaper, install a new closet shelving system, toilet repair. I'm happy to have all these things off my to do list!

Hi Sumeet! We're always happy to hear from you, and it's great to hear that the work we've done has always stood the test of time. We look forward to visiting you again, Sumeet. Thanks for the review!

Ashley in The Junction
Ashley in The Junction

porch repair and fix kitchen cabinet

Assisted Review

I called Odd Job because we were stuck, one kitchen cabinet door and it's weren't working properly, and hadn't been since we'ed moved in. the front step risers were rotting out and showing it badly. It was time to call a professional, i was in over my head.

Odd Job was on time, Justin was fantastic. I realised after he left what I liked about him most - which is that I immediately trusted him and he treated me with respect from the get go. As a young, female home owner, I've had servicemen, contractors and tons of others come into my home and talk down to me/ ask to speak to my husband (I'm not married) and at worst (best?) ask to speak to my parents (who I don't live with). I really appreciate that he explained things to me, was confident that everything could be fixed and gave me an honest quote.

The cabinet works perfect, the front steps are beautiful yet again, which makes me happy. I will use them again when I have the need, thanks Odd Job

Hi Ashley! We're really glad to hear that you were pleased with our work, and we hope your porch steps last for years. We'd also like to thank you for sharing some of your experiences with other contractors. It's unfortunate that the chauvinist attitudes you addressed are so prevalent in our industry. It's great to know that you had a different experience with our team. Thanks for the review!

Massimo in The Kingsway
Massimo in The Kingsway
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Home repairs and finishing touches

Assisted Review

We had a laundry list of things to get repaired and updated in our home. We called Odd Job and they got the job done right.

I was completely satisfied with the service. The handymen were fast, friendly offered effective solutions to my odd list of problems and did the job right. I will not hesitate to use odd job again, on my home or investment properties.

Hi Massimo! We're very glad to hear you were pleased with our work, and we look forward to helping you again. "To-do" lists like yours are the reason our company was born. Thanks for the review!

Anne
Anne

Shelving hung and drywall repair

Assisted Review

Odd Job came to my home to hang a few floating shelves in a very particular spot in the family room, and some how deal with a wall that had previously done duty as a cork board.

I am very happy with the results and professionalism of Odd Job, they arrived on time, were friendly and easy to deal with. My shelves are perfect and the wall looks as if nothing had ever been there in the first place.

We will be calling Odd Job for our next project for sure.

Hi Anne! We're very glad that you were pleased with our services, and it was truly a pleasure to help. We look forward to hearing from you again. Thanks for the review!

Elena in Toronto
Elena in Toronto

Painting balcony, closet doors; off jobs around the house

I asked Justin to do a few odd jobs around the house, as well as paint our balcony. I am quite happy with how the balcony turned out. Other things were done well, and on time, but I do feel I was overcharged for the work.

MD in Sherwood Park Area
MD in Sherwood Park Area

Replaced Broken Window Pane/Glass

Assisted Review

Justin removed a window pane for our home. He was diligent and thorough. He insulated and blocked the window, rebuilt and reinstalled the frame within a few days. He seemed trustworthy, honest and efficient. I will use his service again. Marc

Hi Marc! We're very glad that you were pleased with the installation, and we look forward to hearing from you again. Thanks for the review!

More about Odd Job Handyman Services

ABOUT US

Odd Job Handyman Services began in 2008 with one man and his truck. It's since grown to be one of the largest and most reliable contractors in Toronto, serving thousands of homeowners and businesses throughout the city. On Feb. 16, 2017, it was one of five handyman services in Ontario to be officially named "Best of 2017" by Homestars, the largest network of home professionals in Canada.

Odd Job offers a wide range of services including drywall, painting, tiling, flooring, millwork, hanging, junk removal, furniture assembly, basic plumbing & electrical and all general repairs. The work performed by Odd Job is covered by a two-year warranty.

The staff at Odd Job is fully licensed, bonded and insured, and every member has been background-and-identity-checked. They're hand-selected from the "best of the best" in local professional circles (each with at least three positive references) and subjected to a series of in-shop tests before they're admitted into the team.

HISTORY

It all started with Justin George, an exceptionally-handy property manager who had great difficulty convincing professional contractors to visit his building for "small jobs." Justin, a red seal tradesman, was so tired of contractors telling him "it wasn't worth their time" that he was forced to take care of most of the repairs and maintenance himself.

He realized he was far from the only person who was in this predicament. There were many people without the time, the tools or the talent to recaulk their shower stall, hang their favourite paintings or repair a few pot lights.

Not everyone trusts the mystery men on Craigslist and Kijiji, and so Justin wanted to provide them a professional option. "It might be a small job, but it's a big deal," Justin said, "People need a company that treats it that way."

Mr. George graduated from George Brown College with a degree in mechanical engineering and from the University of Western Ontario in 2011 with a degree in technological education, manufacturing and construction. He is an Accredited Manufacturing and Construction Educator and a member in good standing of the Association of Certified Handyman Professionals (ACHP). He loves cats, guitar and building things (anything). His most important values are honesty, quality and consistency and his motto is: "There's always a way to get the job done right."

PRICING

We offer a la carte, task-based pricing for all of our standard services. Our extensive experience has given us a tried-and-true system for evaluating the duration and cost for virtually every standard project."

BUSINESS & PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SERVICES

Odd Job also serves many small businesses, including retail stores, office facilities and income properties. Our project manager was a longtime property manager and every member of the team has extensive experience in facilities management. Among the many businesses that trust Odd Job are Shoppers Drug Mart, Holt Renfrew, Burberry, Fresh Restaurants and LensCrafters.

Let us take care of you while you take care of business!

Handyman Services, Bathroom & Kitchen - Fixtures & Accessories, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Furniture, Home Office Renovation, Decks, and Drywall Contractors
We offer a wide range of handyman services, including all general repairs, hanging, grout and caulking, furniture assembly & maintenance, cabinetry installation, carpentry, painting (mostly interior), drywall installation & repairs, door installation & repairs, deck installation & repairs, fence installation & repairs, tile installation & repairs, backsplash installation, shelving installation, window treatment installations, basic plumbing, site work, demolitions, clean-up, junk removal, and much more. We also offer premium renovation services. Call (416) 520-1161 and request a quote from our renovations division today. We will establish a budget, timeline and plan in advance, and then provide the highest quality of labour, materials and expertise to make it happen. We offer a wide range of maintenance services to homeowners, tenants, property owners, real estate agents and many of the city's most important businesses. Odd Job offers a la carte pricing for all of our services. Our extensive experience has given us a tried-and-true system for evaluating the duration and cost for virtually every standard project.
We specialize in the things found on your "honey-do" list - hanging, drywall, tiling, all general repairs, and small to mid-size renovations.
2008
Visa, MasterCard, Interac, Check, Cash, E-Transfer
Metro License: T85-4305843
Association of Certified Handy Professionals
$125 includes minor materials
PROJECT RATE
1000 +
Our 2-year warranty covers all general repairs and some installations. The warranty does not cover moisture damage, ground shifting, weather-related damage, material failure or change in mind.