Odd Job Handyman Services

Handyman Services
ONLY SERVICING THE CITY OF TORONTO ON

Reviews for Odd Job Handyman Services

Private User reviews , ON

Soundproofing and sealing gap in wall

I called Odd Job about sealing a small, awkwardly located gap (between two steel beams) in the wall between my condo and my neighbour’s, through which sound traveled. Their advice made sense, their estimate was fair and they were available soon. The technician who did the work protected my things and was very efficient. Best of all, sound no longer travels through that space! It was my first experience with Odd Job, and I won’t hesitate to use them again.

Thanks for the kind review! We love a challenge, and we're glad we were able to solve your problem. Thanks again!

santoned from Toronto
santoned from Toronto

Interior Door Install

From the moment I called to the the time Justin and Pierre left it was a complete pleasure dealing with Odd Jobs. Scheduling and approving the quote was simple. It was really appreciated when I requested to modify the job and it was done instantly . Having the option to purchase my supplies myself made it easy for me to select the finish and style I wanted. While on site the guys were pleasant and professional. They were extra careful not to damage any holiday decorations! They tidied up afterwards and gave me an opportunity to review their work before signing off. I will definitely have them back for more jobs around the house.

Thanks for the review! With Odd Job, you're always the one in the driver's seat: from beginning to end, we're there for you.

Patrick in West Toronto
Patrick in West Toronto

Happy Repeat Customer

I can do most small repair jobs around the house myself, but sometimes I get too busy or find myself with a project where I'd rather bring in a pro. After using Odd Job to deal with a roof leak and plumbing issue earlier this year, I brought them back to fix a basement wall damaged in replacing our water main. Sean arrived on time, consulted with me on the project, repaired the wall and installed an access panel in less than the allotted time. It's very likely I'll be calling them again.

Thanks for the kind review, Patrick! We're always happy to use our expertise to help someone out.

beharie.samantha in Toronto
beharie.samantha in Toronto

Great, fast service and repair

I contacted Odd Jobs based on a recommendation through a friend. It was a sunken sink issue. I was provided with a detailed quote just based on giving a description and pictures, and the actual invoice came in LOWER than the initial quote, which shows that this company his honest!!! The customer service from start to finish was wonderful, and they were especially great liaising with my tenant while I live overseas. Thank you to Odd Jobs, my tenant said the service was great, friendly, and the guys cleaned up after themselves too. Will definitely use them again in the future!

Quick fix on basement apartment door

Odd Job have been our go-to contractor for quick fixes to our basement rental. Our tenant's bathroom door needed to be replaced with a custom-sized door. As is always the case with rentals, we needed a fast turnaround.

We phoned the folks at Odd Job, Justin came to take a look soon after. A few days after that, the custom door was sized, cut, painted and installed. Door looks great and our tenant is happy.

Service is excellent and appreciate the efficient and detailed estimates and invoices (great for landlords). Highly recommend.

Thanks for the review! We love tackling the tricky jobs the most.

PropertyManager in Old Toronto
PropertyManager in Old Toronto

Grinding down door

I used odd job to help me with a sticky door. The two handymen arrived promptly and were really friendly and professional. They did a great job and didn’t leave until door closed perfectly. Would use them
again.

Thanks for the review! We're always happy when we can open a few doors by making sure other ones stay closed ;)

William
William

Interior Door Install

Very satisfied with all aspects of dealing with Justin and the two gentlemen sent to work on my job. Justin is very quick to respond to all requests and I was able to get scheduled in quickly. The workers arrived within the promised time window, I explained a couple things, and they went about their business. The quality of the work was stellar, thanks guys! I think their cost is perhaps a bit on the high side (but maybe not for Toronto, what do I know?) however I'm fine with that given the all-around positive experience and quality work.

Thanks for the kind review, William! We pride ourselves on the level of service Odd Job can offer, that other guys simply can't.

Laundry room

We needed needed to install a new washing machine and dryer in our laundry room, and the current space was insufficient. We hired Odd Job Handyman to cut a counter, repair drywall, and repaint the area. The two technicians that did the work were great to deal with and did an excellent job.

Thanks for the kind review!

Cam in GTA
Cam in GTA

Pleased

I called this company to assist with repairing the whole in my wall. It was a simple job but one that was done efficiently, professionally and within a reasonable cost (compared to the other quotes received).
Pierre was the gentleman that assisted with this service and I was pleased with his work and punctuality. I would use this company again for future fixes.

Hi Cam, thanks for the review! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

More about Odd Job Handyman Services

ABOUT US

Odd Job Handyman Services began in 2008 with one man and his truck. It's since grown to be one of the largest and most reliable contractors in Toronto, serving thousands of homeowners and businesses throughout the city. On Feb. 16, 2017, it was one of five handyman services in Ontario to be officially named "Best of 2017" by Homestars, the largest network of home professionals in Canada.

Odd Job offers a wide range of services including drywall, painting, tiling, flooring, millwork, hanging, junk removal, furniture assembly, basic plumbing & electrical and all general repairs. The work performed by Odd Job is covered by a two-year warranty.

The staff at Odd Job is fully licensed, bonded and insured, and every member has been background-and-identity-checked. They're hand-selected from the "best of the best" in local professional circles (each with at least three positive references) and subjected to a series of in-shop tests before they're admitted into the team.

HISTORY

It all started with Justin George, an exceptionally-handy property manager who had great difficulty convincing professional contractors to visit his building for "small jobs." Justin, a red seal tradesman, was so tired of contractors telling him "it wasn't worth their time" that he was forced to take care of most of the repairs and maintenance himself.

He realized he was far from the only person who was in this predicament. There were many people without the time, the tools or the talent to recaulk their shower stall, hang their favourite paintings or repair a few pot lights.

Not everyone trusts the mystery men on Craigslist and Kijiji, and so Justin wanted to provide them a professional option. "It might be a small job, but it's a big deal," Justin said, "People need a company that treats it that way."

Mr. George graduated from George Brown College with a degree in mechanical engineering and from the University of Western Ontario in 2011 with a degree in technological education, manufacturing and construction. He is an Accredited Manufacturing and Construction Educator and a member in good standing of the Association of Certified Handyman Professionals (ACHP). He loves cats, guitar and building things (anything). His most important values are honesty, quality and consistency and his motto is: "There's always a way to get the job done right."

PRICING

We offer a la carte, task-based pricing for all of our standard services. Our extensive experience has given us a tried-and-true system for evaluating the duration and cost for virtually every standard project."

BUSINESS & PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SERVICES

Odd Job also serves many small businesses, including retail stores, office facilities and income properties. Our project manager was a longtime property manager and every member of the team has extensive experience in facilities management. Among the many businesses that trust Odd Job are Shoppers Drug Mart, Holt Renfrew, Burberry, Fresh Restaurants and LensCrafters.

Let us take care of you while you take care of business!

Handyman Services, Bathroom & Kitchen - Fixtures & Accessories, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Furniture, Home Office Renovation, Decks, and Drywall Contractors
We offer a wide range of handyman services, including all general repairs, hanging, grout and caulking, furniture assembly & maintenance, cabinetry installation, carpentry, painting (mostly interior), drywall installation & repairs, door installation & repairs, deck installation & repairs, fence installation & repairs, tile installation & repairs, backsplash installation, shelving installation, window treatment installations, basic plumbing, site work, demolitions, clean-up, junk removal, and much more. We also offer premium renovation services. Call (416) 520-1161 and request a quote from our renovations division today. We will establish a budget, timeline and plan in advance, and then provide the highest quality of labour, materials and expertise to make it happen. We offer a wide range of maintenance services to homeowners, tenants, property owners, real estate agents and many of the city's most important businesses. Odd Job offers a la carte pricing for all of our services. Our extensive experience has given us a tried-and-true system for evaluating the duration and cost for virtually every standard project.
We specialize in the things found on your "honey-do" list - hanging, drywall, tiling, all general repairs, and small to mid-size renovations.
2008
Visa, MasterCard, Interac, Check, Cash, E-Transfer
Metro License: T85-4305843
Association of Certified Handy Professionals
$125 includes minor materials
PROJECT RATE
1000 +
Our 2-year warranty covers all general repairs and some installations. The warranty does not cover moisture damage, ground shifting, weather-related damage, material failure or change in mind.