Mr Build Vancouver

Reviews for Mr Build Vancouver

Steve&Mary Ellen in Vancouver
Steve&Mary Ellen in Vancouver

various reno projects

We have used Mr Build various times over the years, sometimes for small jobs around the house we can’t handle ourselves and other times for major renovations. It’s been 14 years since they did huge renovations on our house, but most recently, they past summer they painted our garage door and installed a new door downstairs. Their work is just fine. No problems or complaints and the guys are always very friendly. Their prices we consider competitive. Overall Mr Build is very good and we highly recommend them.

Esther J
Esther J

various projects

Mr Build has done work for me for 25 years now, ever since they went into business. The first time I called them I was just looking for good, local companies to hire. After that I kept using them. I’ve been in four different houses since then and Mr Build has worked on each one. They’ve done patios, bathrooms, odd jobs, you name it. Both inside and outside jobs. It’s nice because whatever needs to be done they organize the job accordingly and know the right people to get it done properly. I’ve never had any problems, but they are very conscientious so I know if there were a problem the would definitely come back to fix it. Their prices are a little high but their level of efficiency and professionalism is worth paying for. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.

Lonney and Chan from Richmond
Lonney and Chan from Richmond
1 review Richmond, BC

Home Renovation

We’ve had some home renovation projects done by Mr Build. We found them online and saw that they had mostly favorable reviews so took on chance on them. They do high quality work. Their prices might be higher, but price isn’t our main consideration. You don’t get quality work for cheap.

Richard from Vancouver
Richard from Vancouver

kitchen reno

I initially found Mr Build through their ad in the paper. We’ve actually used them on a number of projects but most recently (last year) they redid our kitchen. We are extremely pleased with the work they did. All the people involved were very helpful and we had no complaints. We were also quite pleased with the price. Would highly recommend these guys.

Nicola from Burnaby
Nicola from Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Home renovations

Someone referred Mr Build to me and I ended up using them for a number of jobs. They put in a new roof, painted, did some landscaping, and cut down/remodeled a wall on the inside of the house. Their work was generally good. They were also very responsive to my concerns. They wanted to make sure I was happy with everything. I would certainly recommend them.

Dan from Vancouver
Dan from Vancouver

Roof work

I think I saw the Mr Build truck once and then looked them up. I really liked Kurt originally because he’s a farm boy and knows how to get things done. He’s overseen a few big jobs in my condos and did a good job. There was the insulation of a new roof, which was quite a big project and he oversaw the installation of the eaves-troughs as well. He sends a variety of guys around working for him and they are all covered by workers comp, which I think is very important. Otherwise, you run the risk of legal trouble. He’s got middle to upper pricing but I don’t complain because the level of professionalism is quite high and you won’t get that with many others. Besides that, if there’s ever a problem Kurt makes sure it gets fixed quite promptly and properly too. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him.

Melanie from Vancouver
Melanie from Vancouver

Various Home Projects

Mr. Build has basically done our house from top to bottom over the years. Kurt has sent his employees to do painting, flooring, new counters and a new deck roof for us. We are very pleased with their work. They’re always right on schedule, which I have not found to be the case with other people. That’s why I tend to keep going back to them. The reason I found them was because some contractor basically disappeared on me a few years ago so I just went and looked in the yellow pages to find someone else who could finish the job. I came across Mr Build and they’ve been great ever since. They are probably a bit more expensive than some less professional contractors but you get what you pay for with them. They are dependable and tidy and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.

Lindsay from Vancouver
Lindsay from Vancouver

Kitchen renovation work

Hired Mr. Build to cut a simple hole through my flooring (metal clad and laminate) into the ceiling of my floor below, and they were to then put ducting through the hole for my hood fan. Well the guy carelessly cut too close to the structural support beam of my loft, so the hole is not the proper size for the duct because the support beam goes through the edge of the hole!

Basically they messed up the hole, left the duct material sitting there as it did not fit, and sent me an invoice for the full amount, even though I now have to get a duct company in to try to complete tricky duct work because of the awkward hole. I would not have this additional cost if the job was completed properly and the invoice should reflect this. It can not be done as I already have the hole in my upper floor, can't make two holes!

When i contacted the owner he simply told me "they did what they were told", "We cannot assume what's behind a wall or cieling. As every structure is different " (which is irrelevant since this happened on the outside of the wall!), and "You don't have choice were the hole is cut as it has to line up with the cabinet and hood. Hope all works out for you....sorry you feel this way". Also not true!! He could see this metal beam going around all 4 walls and did not cut the hole out far enough to clear the beam.

They could have simply reduced my invoice to reflect the extra cost I now have to incur to hire someone else to do duct work. Not to mention the additional unpaid time off work I will need to take for this. Instead, they take no responsibility and expect me to pay them in full.

This client asked our company to cut a hole for her current stove to allow a new 6" vent pipe to continue to second floor and connect with an existing exposed pipe on the second floor.

Unfortunately, a piece of iron was in direct path of new vent...we told her a "jog" in the pipe would be required to accommodate the structural work.

She felt we should have known about this structural feature of the building before we cut the hole? We left the vent work material on site as it would be required to finish up the work and we billed for the material plus the minimum 2 hr. service call.

If the client does not use the material, we will pick it up and credit her the material (no problem). Even a "so-called simple" job can have complications that require extra work.

Clients make certain assumptions that as a contractor we should know everything before we start but that is simply not the case as each project is custom and unique.

It is rarely as simple or as straight forward as clients hope for.

Hope this info helps

Kurt Gust

Steve from Vancouver  from Vancouver
Steve from Vancouver from Vancouver
4 reviews Vancouver, BC

Home Renovations, Handyman Services

We've used Mr. Build over the past 15 years for both big jobs such as kitchen and bathroom renovations to all kinds of household repairs. They've always done a good job at a reasonable price.

thank you!! we always like to hear from my clients... kurt

More about Mr Build Vancouver

Mr. Build Vancouver specializes in small and medium sized renovations and repairs. Our multi-skilled tradesmen complete kitchens, bathrooms, basement suites, renovations, waterproofing, repairs, odd jobs, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, drainage, decks, stairs, and concrete work. Quality work, reasonable rates, on time, written quotes within 24 hours. Put your property in hands of people you trust!
We service the following areas: Vancouver, Richmond, Ladner, Tsawwassen, South Delta, Delta, Whiterock, Burnaby, New Westminster, North Delta, Surrey and Coquitlam.