MouldDog.ca

Reviews for MouldDog.ca

Wendy from Mississauga
Wendy from Mississauga

Air Quality Assessment and Mould Detection

I have used Frank's services twice - in my current home and in the home I used to live in. He is friendly and professional and always showed up on time. He patiently answered all my questions and always returned my phone calls. The reports were very detailed with the recommendations clearly outlined. I highly recommend him and would not hesitate to call him again should the need arise.

Beth , Toronto
Beth , Toronto

Mold inspection

I used this company for a home inspection and put a rush on the test results at a premium cost. Frank reviewed the house, explained his process, and had the tests completed within the hour. The results were back the next day (promised within 48 hours). Great service and I view the cost as an investment in my family's health.

Jsn212 from Toronto
Jsn212 from Toronto

Residential Air Quality Testing

After doing some research online for air quality testing here in Toronto, a number of sites/reviews had mentioned Frank so I decided to give him a call. Best decision I have made to date, he was thorough, pleasant to work with and took the time to explain what he was doing and why. The after action reports were laid out in an easy to understand fashion and provided me with the knowledge necessary to deal with any issue that had arisen. You cannot put a price on quality or your health and is why I would recommend him each and every time moving forward.

Hania  from Etobicoke
Hania from Etobicoke

Environmental testing

We contacted Frank in order to determine if our daughter's condo was making her sick. Having suffered from a variety of health issues, we wanted to eliminate this as the source of the cause. Frank's services included testing for mould and air quality. He was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. He was prompt, professional and made suggestions that improved the air quality almost immediately. The testing came back positive for mould and carbon dioxide. Once remediation was done we realized that Frank's mould dog had found the problem area exactly!!! It was quite amazing. We would recommend Frank's company to everyone. It is refreshing to find a professional who truly cares about his work and the well being of his clients. Thank you Frank

Fabian Piersanti from Caledon
Fabian Piersanti from Caledon
3 reviews Bolton, ON

Home Environmental Study

I was referred to Frank by my Naturopath, who only refers patients to contractors who are proven to the job right, and Frank did not disappoint. He was incredibly thorough, extremely knowledgeable and amazing to work with. He's an incredibly friendly guy who really knows his stuff. The great thing is, this is the only service he provides. So you know when he tells you there's a problem it's because there really is a problem and NOT because he wants to sell you another service, like some of the other companies out there. I would highly recommend Haverkate & Associates/MouldDog.ca

Christine Lidemark from Toronto
Christine Lidemark from Toronto
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Indoor Environmental Assessment

Frank Haverkate and Associates saved us. We were part and parcel of the Etobicoke flood of July 8, 2013 and for us it was sewer back-up. Three days after the flood the Insurance Co. sent the Adjuster and Project Manager for the Inspection. It was clearly stated that all floors, walls, washer, dryer, hot water tank and furnace had to be removed and the premise sanitized.

After the remediation was done my husband was suspect on the quality of the work that was performed. After seeing a news broadcast on the Etobicoke flooding which featured Haverkate and Assoc. my husband called to discuss our situation.

Frank Haverkate was able to book us within 3 days and performed a full Indoor Environmental test which included mold, bacteria and air sampling. The service was professional, extremely informative, and gave us the detail needed to go back to our Insurance company to have the worked reviewed.

Based on Franks findings the Insurance Company re-engaged and the work was done properly and to our satisfaction.

Frank Haverkate is very knowledgeable and his services are highly recommended by both us.

James from Ottawa
James from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Mould inspection

I was referred to Frank Haverkate by a friend who was very happy with his work. However my experience was not overly positive, I knew I had mold in the basement and I wanted to ensure that there was none in the main level and find out the extent downstairs. When I phone for a quote the woman told me it was going to be between 800 and $900 at most for the size of my home. When Frank arrived he informed me that it would be $1000 which I paid. The appointment took about half an hour and seem to be relatively thorough? I was also told by both parties that they would be able to refer me to somebody capable of doing the work, and Frank told me if I had any questions regarding the report I could call him to discuss it. I received the report on Wednesday of the next week as promised, and called Frank to get the referral and discuss the report. My phone calls were never returned!! Also my name was misspelled on the report, I understand this is being picky however combined with the other factors might experience with Frank has left me feeling dishonestly removed from my hard earned money and misled, or at the very least that the Corporation is Mickey Mouse, with extremely poor customer service!

I have highly recommend looking elsewhere!
James

Debra from Etobicoke
Debra from Etobicoke
4 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Environmental/Mould inspection

I called Haverkate & Associates Inc after finding them on the web. We had flooding in the summertime, and I wanted to ensure that we'd resolved any mould issues. Frank was thorough and extremely professional. The dog was unobtrusive. I have complete confidence in the results.

Louise Don from Toronto
Louise Don from Toronto

Air quality testing residential

Excellent service, punctual, friendly, efficient, great dog and very good reporting and feedback. Transparent and courteous all round good experience and well worth the cost for peace of mind. da da da da da da da da da da da da dad

Gita Rotenberg in Toronto
Gita Rotenberg in Toronto
9 reviews North York, ON

Detection of basement mold

Just to meet Frank is to feel confident. It is clear that he has a good scientific understanding of what was at play. He calmed my fears, and proceeded to do a very professional job of sourcing the toxic mold. I wish he had been clearer that there was an additional fee for the followup test but I still highly recommend Frank.

More about MouldDog.ca

Welcome to MouldDog.ca

Haverkate & Associates Inc is an Indoor Environmental Testing and Consulting company specializing in indoor air quality assessments and forensic mold investigations. Mr. Frank Haverkate is the founder and President of Haverkate & Associates and has trained extensively in Europe, Canada and the United States and has over 13 years of experience in the indoor air quality field. He specializes in mold growth assessments of residential homes, commercial as well as industrial buildings.

Mr. Haverkate has extensive experience in inspection, assessment and remediation of water damaged buildings, Marijuana Grow Houses and Clandestine Drug Labs. He possesses critical expertise in indoor environmental pollution and biohazard evaluation. Mr. Haverkate has been involved in developing and instituting Mandatory Environmental Assessment order protocols by various municipalities in Ontario for buildings used as Marijuana Grow Operations.

Mr. Haverkate pioneered the use of mold detections dogs in Canada , becoming a Certified K-9 Handler and owning Quincy , Canada ’s first Certified Mold Detection Dog. Quincy was trained in the U.S. at the Florida Canine Academy which specializes in the training of bomb, drug, arson and mold detection dogs. Mr. Haverkate is one of a few Certified Building Biology Environmental Inspectors in Canada . He is a Board Certified Microbial Investigator/Consultant, issued by the American Indoor Air Quality Council. Mr. Haverkate is a Board Certified Mold Remediation Supervisor, a Board Certified Mold Remediator as well as a Certified Industrial Hygiene Manager. Mr. Haverkate was the Founding Director of the Indoor Air Quality Association - Toronto Chapter and served as Chapter Director from 2005 to 2009. Haverkate & Associates is also Canada's first Approved Certification Course Provider and Training Facility for the American Council for Accredited Certification ACAC.

Mr. Haverkate has had extensive media coverage over the past few years. He has appeared on local news stations such as Toronto One, City TV, Global News and CTV. He has also had numerous articles written about him in local and national newspapers such as The Toronto Star, Toronto Sun, and The Globe & Mail. Mr. Haverkate has also been featured twice on the Discovery Channels’ Daily Planet show as well as on Marketplace.

Our services include indoor air quality testing, indoor environmental assessments, mold inspections as well as forensic mold assessments and Marijuana Grow Op assessments.

No matter what your project or concern, we will be delighted to assist you in any way we can.

Mold Detection & Removal
An air quality assessment together with a mold inspection can uncover hidden sources of pollutants in your home or office. A proper mold inspection should never be just a quick visual inspection and a few laboratory samples. Although this approach is a cheaper, the results could be misleading and falsely determine that you have mold growth or falsely determine that you don't have an indoor mold growth problem. Proper mold assessments should begin with a comprehensive instrument survey for air quality to identify and locate hidden pollution levels indoors. This will assist in determining where and what type of laboratory analysis is appropriate and will assist in identifying the cause of an indoor mold problem. A qualified mold inspector should also identify the source and extent of the moisture damage that lead to the mold problem using thermal imaging and moisture meters. This can determine if area are still actively growing mold. Finally, the mold detection dog can locate specific areas of mold growth and can determine whether the issue is in one specific area of a room or the entire room. A proper instrument survey for air quality, thermal imaging and moisture survey, mould detection K-9 and a series of surface and air samples for mould spores can provide the mould inspector with detailed information on the cause, source and solution of the mould growth issue in your building. If you have a mold issue, believe you have a mold issue or are unsure whether mold or air quality problems are affecting your health...call us today. Mold in your home or office can be a scary thing...but it doesn't have to be. Let us us show you how.
Forensic Mold Investigations and Marijuana Grow Ops Assessments