HomeStars  >  Roofing in Hamilton  >  Urban Roofing & Consulting

Julie
Julie
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

New roof

After the last big wind/rain storm we had a leak coming in our house. After reading reviews on Homestsrs, we decided to go with Urban Roofing. We are really happy we did! Shaun came for a quote the same day I contacted him. It was obvious that he wasn’t trying to sell us anything we didn’t need, unlike a previous company we had called. He was straight to the point and actually told us how we could save money. He was very professional and answered emails/questions promptly.
He initially gave us a timeline of being able to start the work in about 2-3 weeks, but was able to get started the following week. His crew finished in 2 days and cleaned up everything afterward.
We are very happy with our new roof and the work that was done! His shingle selection was great and he didn’t gouge the price when we decided to go with a higher quality shingle.
I would definitely recommend Urban Roofing if you need a new roof. Shaun was very knowledgeable and often checked in to make sure we were satisfied with the work that was being done. We have no complaints!

Hey guys I'm so happy you like your new roof!! It was a pleasure working with you both please don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything in the future. Take care of that little one!!

Susan
Susan
1 review Hamilton, ON

New roof, ventilation, insulation and eavestroughing on 3 floor, 100 year-old house

Shaun brought in representatives from a ventilation company and an insulation company, telling us that “anyone can lay shingles” but it is the ventilation that makes a roof work, and last. As we were trying to decrease the summer heat on our third floor, this was welcome news. Even with these extras, the total price was still reasonable (mid-range of the 4 quotes we got). The price below is the total of the roofing ($8,500) eavestrough ($500) and insulation ($1,200) not including HST.

There were a few unforeseen hold-ups in the work, and Shaun let us know what was going on. He was responsive to my (somewhat anxious) texts and emails, and was always good-natured with us! We were very happy with both his attention to the job, and the work of the men on the crew. Shaun came back himself to change some flashing that he wasn't happy with. We were impressed with that personalized care and pride in workmanship. The crew was also great, pleasant to have around and did a good clean-up. All in all, we were very happy with Shaun, and with Urban Roofing!

It was our pleasure enjoy that party anything we can do to help let us know!

Mmastrocola
Mmastrocola

Roof shingle repair

Shaun was a pleasure to work with. He was responsive, friendly and knowledgeable. I called him after the extremely high winds from last week tore off some shingles on my roof. I will definitely call him again if we need any further repair work and when it'll be time to replace our roof.

Big or small we help em all!!!

Thanks guys have a great summer

kevinperquin1
kevinperquin1

Roofing Patch

Last summer we had a bad wind storm and needed to get a couple shingles on our roof replaced. We decided to go with a "Big" name company and thought all was well and fixed. Well... not so much. The next wind storm we had i noticed more shingles blown off in the exact previously "fixed" area. After paying $500 the first time i was frustrated to now have to fix it again. I called the same "Big" name company back and was basically told too bad, its another $500 to come patch again. The roof is only 6-7 years old. A friend told me about Urban Roofing and since they are right in my area, i gave it a shot. When Shaun went up on my roof and proceeded to pull off and fix every shingle that was just replaced I was livid. Not knowing anything about roofing, as he tossed down all the previous patched shingles i could see right away why they blew off. They weren't even sheets. They were cut and just slapped on and i can guarantee they knew it would blow off in the next storm. I watched Shaun go up on my roof, fix the 3 shingles i told him needed to be replaced with full sheets and then come down and go to his truck to get more full sheets. I asked him why? And he basically said if I don't fix the rest of what they patched, I will be back here eventually so I will just do it properly now. I can't tell you how refreshing it was to trust someone and see that it was actually done properly. I know he did way more than what was anticipated. As far as price goes, it was way better than the "Big" company (you know who i am talking about) and I know it is done properly. I would recommend them to anyone who is needing any roofing done. Big or small.

Many thanks for your honesty and all the extra work you did so i don't have to stress anymore.

I will definitely use you again.

Kevin and Amy.

Hey guys it was our pleasure!!!!!

Ryan in Cobourg
Ryan in Cobourg

House roof

7 years ago, Shaun came by my house to check out my roof. Instead of trying to sell me on a new roof, he honestly suggested that I might get another year or two out of the roof, and then took the time to actually repair/patch a couple of the leaky spots that were of concern, for free.

I really appreciated this "golden rule" / "do unto others" ethic and it gave me a lot of trust for Urban Roofing (perhaps a rare commodity in the roofing biz).

When it came (past) time to replace my roofing, I remembered this experience and called Urban Roofing with pretty high expectations... and in the end these expectations, in terms of price, product and service, were exceeded.

I didn't shop around for another quote because this trust level was important to me, but some of the friends that I showed my quote to commented on what a good price it was.

They managed to fit my roof in on very short notice, and had the job done within a day. The workers were very friendly and professional, and Shaun was very helpful and personable throughout the process, despite having a very busy week due to the terrible weather.

Thanks Shaun, John and crew at Urban Roofing!

Hey Ry-Guy thanks so much for the review let us know if you need anything!

Rachel in Hamilton
Rachel in Hamilton
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

missing shingles

Once again, Urban Roofing has pulled thru for me! I've been in touch with Shaun now a few times the past couple of years over roofing issues from larger leaks, to some missing shingles. Without fail, they get back to me, and even more impressive is the speed with which they respond to my issue. Really can't say enough good things about my experience with Urban Roofing.

Anything we can do you know we'll tey

Stephen in Hamilton
Stephen in Hamilton
1 review , ON

Complete Roof Replacement

Lost a few shingles in a wind storm -- Shaun and Urban Roofing came and replaced shingles free of charge.
Shaun did not push the situation but mentioned to me that the roof was not very far away from having to be replaced .
We lost more shingles in a different part of the roof and asked Shaun where we needed to go from here.He walked us through a better roofing system , ventilation, under layment, better shingle - we got three quotes and Shaun and his team were NOT the cheapest but he looked in the attic identified some other ventilation issues, actually looked at the roof again and walked us through a quote! no one else did that. Great roof and great results

Hey thanks so much for the wicked review. It was our pleasure to help

paul.panayi72
paul.panayi72

New roof

The previous roofers did a lousy job
and the shingles came off. Urban roofing did an amazing job.

Paul your a gentleman it was our pleasure

Salvi/Agro
Salvi/Agro

Roof installation

My wife and I purchased a home 2012 and noticed right away a musty smell and staining on the ceiling. We called 3 roofing company who all said we needed a new roof as the builders only meet minimal code. The prices were quite different almost comical. We wanted to try one more company, Urban Roofing & Consulting was the company we called. Shaun didn’t hesitate or beat around the bush! He was came in, did a full attic inspect and found the ventilation to be sub par. At this point I had wished we didn’t call him and went with a previous company. Urban gave us a solution which was triple the companies. Although a hard hit we made the decision to go with them. Vents were designed plywood (mouldy) removes and insulation fixed. I can’t express afterwards how happy we were with the service from start to finish. Shaun took the time to walk us through every step and every phase. We are greatful to Urban Roofing and would happily recommend them with no reservations. The knowledge and understanding of roofing is second to none of you have a problem to be fixed call them first!!!!

No problem guys sorry for the bad news. You welcome for the good roof ;).

Lindsay P.
Lindsay P.

Total roofing system

One word solid!
Spend the money, get industry proven experts, it’s more than a roof it is a major part amongst all other vitals in the home. Thanks Shaun and Team.
A roof is more than just shingles it is the lungs of the home.

Hey thanks guys!! We appreciate the feed back!!

More about Urban Roofing & Consulting

HAMILTON READERS CHOICE GOLD AWARD WINNER!!!
We Specialize in all Roof problems