Gitano Roofing

Reviews for Gitano Roofing

Mike
Mike

Gitano come through again

When Gitano re-shingled my roof two yeas ago, I had no idea the plastic vent covers I had bought to replace my old ones would ever be an issue, they've survived rainstorms, snowstorms, heatwaves and UV rays... but they didn't survive the SQUIRRELS last autumn.
The little devils were making a mess of the insulation and damaging soffets in their efforts to make their nests in my attic, as well as keeping us up at night scratching and digging away at the ceiling above my our heads.
I looked and looked but I could not find out how they were getting in, then, this spring, my son noticed they were running in and out of the air vents on top of the roof. I thought they were slipping in under the covers but no, they'd chewed right through the side of one, which was lucky, I guess, because the covers remained intact and no water leaked in.
I called around. Animal control specialist companies were charging $500 just to catch the squirrels and then hundreds more to "squirrel proof" the roof and soffets, something I could not afford.
I emailed Lewis Gitano and explained my situation, he sent two professionals over within a couple weeks (in peak season for them) and they removed and installed brand new metal air vents FREE OF CHARGE!
Took them less than 15 minutes. I couldn't believe it!
Ha!
I can actually hear the squirrels outside now screeching their little distress calls to one another outside through my office window as I type this BECAUSE THEY CAN'T GET BACK INTO MY ATTIC ANYMORE!

Thanks Gitano Roofing.
You guys are the best.

We are so glad we could help you out! Give us a call if you need anything in the future.

Raymond in Mississauga
Raymond in Mississauga

Stunning Roof Job

yy_company_logo.png Gitano Roofing
416-833-2492
207-1650 Dundas st e
Mississauga
L4X 2Z3

Fantastic roofing job done by a skilled crew. Couldn't say enough about the work ethics of the hardworking crew.
Mine was a big job with almost 200 bundles of shingles used. The crew worked hard during heatwave, with temperatures soaring in 30s. Lead installer is Chris, he showed up every morning on time and the crew cleaned up every day after work. Very respectful to the property and careful with protecting the windows and garage doors when demolishing old shingles. Laid tarp on neighbours walkway to prevent the debris from falling directly into their yard.

Had a minor issue that was discovered days after installation and when contacted, owner Lewis sent someone immediately and was addressed to our satisfaction.

Will not hesitate recommending their service to others. Extremely satisfied with the install..

People out there, you can give them the business. It is a good company that delivers on time and stand behind their job.

empathic design

416-833-2492
207-1650 Dundas st e
Mississauga
L4X 2Z3

While this year's late spring and wind storms were a major head ache, Lewis and his team at Gitano Roofing came through with flying colours stripping, re-shingling, and providing a new ridge vent for my rear roof, which was very near the end of its lifetime. The quotation was done promptly- at a fair price, while the delivery of the shingles and the day of the actual work were communicated clearly in advance, allowing me time to communicate with my tenants about vehicle relocation. The clean-up was excellent, and I didn't pay a penny until the work was completed, and only after they had asked for my feedback. As an ex-roofer, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Gitano Roofing for your project, as I will for my clients as Principal of empathic design incorporated.

Thank you for sharing your experience along with your expertise as an ex-roofer. Also, thank you for your recommendation and let us know if there is anything else you need!

alpesh7
alpesh7

New Roof Install

I needed a new roof done as my roof was in bad shape and worn out as probably not done since 20year.

I spent alot of time researching companies and decided to go with GItano. Communication with them was excellent and the boys sent from thier company were great. Did a fantastic job.

Also they cleaned up after. All in all highly recommend them if you need a new roof. Thanks for my new roof and wish you best of luck.

Thank you, we are so glad that the time you put into researching paid off! We wish you the best of luck to, and we have your back for the next 15 years!

YTP in Mississauga
YTP in Mississauga

Efficient and professional

These guys are efficient and great value. Did the entire job in a day. Cleaned up after like they were never there. Roof looks great. I highly recommend this company.

Thank you for your review we really appreciate it, it is always a compliment when our customers reccomend us to others!

flyguy208 in NORTH YORK
flyguy208 in NORTH YORK
3 reviews Halton Hills, ON

Re-shingled roof

Overall, I am pleased with the service and price I received for a re-shingle job on our 12 yr old roof. The initial visit from their rep was informative and honest, and the quote was spelled out very clearly. Since installation, two follow-up visits for small repairs (following significant weather events) were quick and covered under warranty without question.
Pros: one of the better prices of the 5 companies I had chosen; the owner is very hands-on (he answered a call for repair on a Sunday night, sending a crew out early the next day); good product selection; professional initial home visit and quote; all the employees have been polite and courteous, and crews were very respectful of our property and that of our neighbours.
Cons: start of job was late by a few days (but I was compensated); crew underestimated the length of job, so work went quite late; although the crew cleaned up most of the mess, a fair bit was left in the dark after the job (however, a second clean up crew was sent right away upon request).

Overall, I am pleased with the work and would recommend Gitano for any roofwork.

Thank you very much for your feedback, we really do appreciate it. We are glad to hear you were pleased with the work and we have your back for the next 15 years!

Kay
Kay

Replaced asphalt roof shingles

I hired Gitano Roofing to replace asphalt shingles on my entire house in October 2017. It was a busy season for their crew so the installation took a few visits over several weeks to finish, but the roof was adequately protected during the lag periods. The waterproofing protection did blow off once, but I called their office asap and they came quickly to cover the exposed plywood. When the installation was complete, they had left some construction material in the front lawn, but were quick to come by and pick things up when I called them. The gutters were very clean. I found only a few nails and shingle wrapping around the house, but generally clean.

During the windstorm in early May of 2018, some of the shingles on the ridge cap came off the roof. I called Gitano and they were very prompt in coming by to patch repair, and only asked for a charitable donation of any amount I wished to contribute. They provided photos of the repair to confirm that the roof was repaired. I found their service to be reliable and would recommend their service.

Hi Kay,
Keeping your roof protected is a priority for us from when the roof is installed and for the 15 years following that. Thank you so much for your recommendation!

Olga in Toronto
Olga in Toronto

Replace roof shingles

We hired Gitano Roofing to replace our roof about a year and a half ago. We interviewed several roofing companies, and felt comfortable with Gitano's product, pricing, and warranty.

I am happy to say that they did not disappoint! They stripped the old shingles down, fixed several holes in the roof, installed a membrane and new shingles on top. The project took 1 day. They protected our property with tarps and cleaned up spotlessly after. We have small kids and we did not find anything dangerous on the ground after Gitano were done. They also took close-up pictures of their work and showed us the before and after.

I am writing now, after some time has passed, to thank you guys for your work, and to let you know that our roof stood up to the recent wind storm.

Hi Olga, thank you for your kind words! We are glad to hear you were happy with the process and we really do prioritize making sure your property is safe for your children!

Annette Feline in Woodbridge
Annette Feline in Woodbridge

Roof replacement

I am very happy with the installation of my new roof and the follow up service provided by Gitano Roofing. Selected IKO Cambridge shingles. Colour: Driftwood. Communication, price and updates good.

We are glad to hear you are happy with your new roof, we have your back for the next 15 years!

Khaled in Toronto
Khaled in Toronto

Great Service

Gitano did a great job. They arrived and left on time and left no mess. They also accommodated replacing my skylights at a very reasonable cost compared to market value. The work was completed to my expectation. They called after the 100km winds recently experienced and asked if all was well.

We are happy to hear how pleased you are with our services, we have your back for the next 15 years!

More about Gitano Roofing

At Gitano Roofing customer satisfaction is our number one priority because this is what gives us our name. What makes us different from the others you may ask ? We do not rush our work we take pride in every nail that goes in you're roof and we will not stop serving you until you are 100% Happy. These days there is 6 major brands on the market in North America that all over a Pro Rated Lifetime warranty.

2.IKO CAMBRIDGE
3.CRC BILTMORE
4.BP MYSTIQUE or EVEREST
5.CERTAIN TEED LANDMARK
6.OWENS CORNING.

At Gitano Roofing we can offer the same price for any one of the brands above usually within 100 dollars of each other. So yes you could say they are pretty much all the same price :)
Please feel free to call us for a free estimate and we will deliver a detailed package to you're door step within a few working days.