Gitano Roofing

Reviews for Gitano Roofing

Ed
Ed

Inspection

I had Slavic come out to do an inspection on our roof. He was on time, communication was on point and thorough with his analysis

I appreciated his genuine honesty. He let me know that the roof had a few years remaining and did not need immediate replacement. I am completely satisfied and appreciative of his honesty. First class operation. Would definitely hire them in the future for all my roofing needs

Hi Ed, thank you so much for the time to share your experience with us. We are always happy for our homeowners when they can get a few more years out of their roof and it was our pleasure meeting you. When the time comes we are just a call, email or text away and we will be grateful to submit a quote for your consideration. Enjoy the summer and stay safe.

Lisa  in Toronto
Lisa in Toronto

Roof Repair

I needed a small repair job to my roof because of wind damage. Someone responded within a few hours and the work was completed the next day. Very pleased with the efficiency and the work overall!

Nandish in Toronto
Nandish in Toronto

Roof inspection

Had the roof inspection done by Slavik and he did a great job by checking roof and attic. Everything looks in good condition. I really like his honest review and follow up with photos.

Hi Nandish,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We were pleased to do the inspection and follow-up photos and we are just a call away should you need anything else. Have a wonderful summer.

Maggie
Maggie
4 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Roofing - Installation and Repair

The owner of the GITANO sent Chris over the next day to double check our roof to make sure that there is no more problem with the roofing. Chris was very helpful and able to patch a few of them. Thank you for the sooner help on looking after the problem.

Review has 1 previous version

Hi Maggie, thank you for giving us the opportunity to come by and have a detail look at the roof. Thank you for your patience also and don't hesitate to contact the office or our owner directly should you have any more issues. We appreciate your business and is grateful for your support through this review. Enjoy the summer.

Francine
Francine

Worst experience with a contractor

I received an estimate from one of gitano roofing’s estimators mid April which I accepted and confirmed the job at that time. I was told scheduling was being scheduled for the beginning to mid May. At the end of May, when I did not hear back, I followed up, then followed up again to ask what the estimated time frame for my roof would be, only to receive a response that there are many jobs ahead of mine and gitano didn’t even have the materials yet. I still did not receive any information regarding an estimated start date. I followed up again and received an email, not even the courtesy of a call - in which I was told because of increases to materials, my job would be “approximate $2,000 more than the quote I received and agreed to accept. That was an over 30% increase and still no information about timing. I had other repair work lined up, pending completion of the roof, which I no longer can get done this summer as I was left without a roofer. I did revisit two other quotes received in April and both of those roofers honoured their April quotes so I am able to get the work done, but not until august.

My experience with Gitano roofing has been frustrating and I would never recommend the company, they are not responsive, trustworthy or honourable.

Hi Francine, We're sorry that you are unhappy with the experience, but we don't think this review is entirely fair given the price increase and 2-week delay was from our manufacturer and it rained for three weeks, so that was completely out of our control. We are always upfront with our customers about costs, which is why we informed you ahead of time, so that you can make an informed decision. There are a lot of contractors and companies that will add on extra costs once they've started the job, but we never do that here. We are always completely transparent and honest with our customers, and that's why we have over 600 positive reviews after many years of business. It's completely fair for you to not agree to the price increase, but you could have just looked for another roofing company, rather than leave a poor review for something out of our control. We could have even referred you to another roofer that would work within your budget. Please give us a call. End of the day, we never want to see any customer or potential customer of ours unhappy, and we would love to work with you to find a solution that you will agree to and be happy with, so that all of your work can get completed on schedule.

Daniel in Georgetown
Daniel in Georgetown
3 reviews Halton Hills, ON

Great job!!!!!

I had a roof that was about 15 years old and was in its final years. That’s what happens when you now buy a house at that age. What builders put on now is not good quality Chris and his crew did an awesome job in taking off the old roof shingles, replacing a board of plywood and installing brand new shingles throughout. Very impressed with the quality of work, which was completed on time. They also did the cleanup around the house and were just a great group of folks. They really work hard and make sure that you are happy with their work. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Hi Daniel, thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and for allowing us to complete your roofing project. Any issues we are just a text, email, or phone call away and we have your back for the next 15 years with our warranty. Thank you again and stay safe.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Roof Repair

Gitano replaced my roof in 2018 after a major wind storm lifted the shingles that the previous roofer had not applied properly (by using manufacturer-recommend additional adhesive) during a cold weather installation. Gitano was the only company that responded to my RFQ due to the high demand for repair services at the time. The ridge vent installed by the original roofer was left in place as part of the work and late last year it became apparent that squirrels had been prying up the raised edge of the ridge vent and tearing off cap shingles to gain access to the attic. Gitano applied sheet metal and replaced the damaged cap shingles but the problem persisted. Following an inspection of the ridge from the attic, it was apparent that the ridge vent (non rigid type) had been compressed, was not admitting any daylight and therefore not allowing any ventilation. In reviewing the agreement signed with Gitano, it indicated that additional vents would be installed as required. After making Gitano aware of the situation and suggesting that the ventilation had not been properly addressed during the original installation, they agreed to rectify the situation, by removing the ridge vents, covering over all associated openings, re-capping and installing six metal roof vents, at no additional cost. It is gratifying to know that some companies still stand behind their work and honour their agreements.

Thank you for your patience during this process and the completion of the work. It was our pleasure to come back and take care of what needed to be done and to ensure that you are a satisfied Gitano customer. We appreciated winning the project in 2018 and are grateful for this kind review. Any more issues text, call or email us and we will be there.

Rob in Toronto
Rob in Toronto
0 reviews Burlington, ON

Top Notch service and support

Gitano installed a new roof for us in 2018 and it continues to look great! We've had a leak at a ventilation stack, which Slavik has helped resolve. We are very happy with the professional service and support the Gitano team have provided.

I highly recommend Gitano roofing for all roofing needs.

Thank you for the feedback Rob. Very glad to hear that the ventilation stack is no longer an issue and that three years later the roof is looking great. Our 15-year warranty service team is always just a text, call or email away if you need us.

Sadru
Sadru

House Roofing

Roofing done in 2011, looks in great shape, only 1 shingle was folded back in 2021, 10 yr warranty. Replaced with no charge. I highly recommend going with this company

Hi Sadru, we love hearing about how our older roofs are doing and we are very pleased to hear that 10 years later it's still looking great and going strong. It was our pleasure to replace the lifted shingle and thank you again for the project back in 2011. Wishing you and your family and safe summer.

JC
JC

Shingles Repair

I had Slavik come in and replace some shingles that fell off my roof. My roof is taller and steep but Slavik had no problem fixing it and did a great job!

I would recommend him to anyone who needs a roof repair.

Thank you so much for leaving us your feedback. All of our experienced staff is working at heights certified with WSIB and liability insurance so the difficult slope was no problem. Thank you again for the repair service and stay safe.

More about Gitano Roofing

Gitano roofing is Happy to be awarded Contract or the year in the GTA for 2018 !! At Gitano Roofing customer satisfaction is our number one priority because this is what gives us our name. What makes us different from the others you may ask ? We do not rush our work we take pride in every nail that goes in you're roof and we will not stop serving you until you are 100% Happy. There are many brands of shingles on the market. We Only use GAF and a special ridge cap system for maximum wind protection !!!