Seaway Pools & Beachcomber Hot Tubs

Seaway Pools & Beachcomber Hot Tubs

Reviews for Seaway Pools & Beachcomber Hot Tubs

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Kept my Deposit!!

Was excited to get a pool for the summer, we bought their most expensive pool - The manager came out and surveyed our property / took measurement. After we made the down payment, they informed us that we need to apply for a permit ourselves. May experience from other pool companies and friends was that the pool company arranges for this. The city denied our application, we called the Seaway pools immediately the same hour upon finding this out. THEY FLAT OUT DECLINED to return our deposit. This is repeated after their salesperson Gary assured us that they would without a problem. Don't trust this shady outfit, they felt out do not honour their word!!

Diane
Diane
3 reviews Newmarket, ON

Horrible Customer Service, Horrible Return / Exchange Policy

I purchased a pool vacuum from Seaway which stopped working after using it twice. The employees were unable to handle the exchange and the manager was never around and didn't return my calls. Eventually I went back to the store in-person with faulty vacuum in hand and she gave me a replacement (which turned out to be another return or refurb because the packaging had been tampered with and there was grass in the filter). Regardless, I just wanted a functional vacuum so I didn't make a fuss about this. Unfortunately the second unit also failed on me after using it twice so clearly there was a manufacturing issue. When I went back to the store, ready to get a refund since I don't want another poorly manufactured vacuum, the manager quoted that they had a 1-week return policy and pointed me directly to the manufacturer to get the issue resolved. So disappointing.
Horrible customer service. Terrible return / exchange policy. Stay away from this place.

Cornel from Markham
Cornel from Markham

Liner replacement

These people are absolute horrendous. I have ordered a liner replacement in 2018. They haven't even bothered to check the site. After two weeks delay they sent the "measuring" guy". The liner came 2 weeks late. Then the "professional" installer team came. 1-st misunderstanding; instead of painting only the "rust spots" they painted all the walls so I had to pay extra. They installed the liner but left some collected garbage from the pool scattered throughout my back yard. After a couple of emails someone came to clean it. Then someone had to come and fix the cooping damaged during old liner replacement.
After two months the liner ripped at one of the stairs corner.
I contacted them the same year and they wanted pictures. I was not able to send it to them as the pool was full of water, but in the spring 2019 I had. Gary Kahoon answer was: Oh you need a new liner; and then he started started asking me about my family and how things are going like we were old mates; very disgusting.
After seeing his approach to their "Customer Satisfaction" I decided to have a go at repairing it.
Bought a Heat Gun and got working. After removing the bracket around the stairs a realized what the issue was. The "professionals" they sent have not installed a new gasket in the stairs channel, and the bracket pressure was not enough to hold the liner.
After buying some double sided tape to make a "gasket" I managed to put it back together and so far it holds. Total cost for tools, materials and labor CDN $635.
I have asked them if they are willing to offer at least a refund but after one month there was no answer, so I decided to tell my story.
I can offer proof of payment, pictures and email exchanges if required to post my review.
My advice: Stay away from Seaway Pools Markham! My next stop : Markham Small Claims Court.

Cornel

waht in Markham
waht in Markham

7 day return policy, Warning.

Bought 4 water bags I thought the price was very high but in a hurry, bought 4 anyways. later that week stopped at another pool store who had the exact bags for half the price and bought 4 more. Back at Seaway to return 8 days later and was refused. They showed a 7 DAY RETURN POLICY in small print on the receipt. I have found SEAWAY POOL to be VERY expensive, terrible return policy . Will no longer use this company.

Chad in Mississauga
Chad in Mississauga

Seaway is ok

Editing my original post. Seaway and Beachcomber have replaced our hot tub entirely. While there was some cost to us, we do feel they treated us fairly and eventually resolved our issues. It is unfortunate that it took so long, but the owner of Seaway, Craig, does stand behind his company's work and in the end I'm happy we went with them.

We purchased a beachcomber hot tub in October 2017 from Seaway with a full five year warranty for any defects. Within a month, some of the lights began to fail. I contacted them immediately and was told no repairs could be completed until spring. I was promised a call back to schedule the repair, but followed up myself in July 2018. Seaway completely botched the repair job and left our hot tub with different coloured uneven panels with rusty nails sticking out. Almost two months later both Seaway and Beachcomber are giving us the runaround and have made no effort to repair their awful work.

Review has 1 previous version
Vanessa of newmarket in Newmarket
Vanessa of newmarket in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Customer satisfaction NOT guaranteed

All they want is the sale and your money... After that you don't matter.

Our hot tub was supposed to be delivered in the first week of June but it didn't happen. The Manager suggested we RENT out a hot tub for $500 (!!!) over the weekend. So after them not keeping their promise, they make more money by renting out their hideous hot tub. They promised $400 store credit though which is not okay because it is still less than what we paid for the rental.

When they delivered the tub, my husband was at work. I called the manager and told her my husband will be back at 6pm and will literally go straight to their shop and give the check. I was told they they would have to remove the tub from our backyard because they could not wait 3 hours for my husband to be home. I was told about keeping the contract when they were the ones who delayed the delivery for 1 month.

Be very cautious with the promises they make. You might be left with no option but to pay more.

B
B
3 reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Swimming pool

We Had Seaway pools build our pool, they did a decent job, but then after a year we began having liner issues. They came and tried and fixed the problem, but after a few months , the wrinkles are back. Between the liner company and pool company, nobody wanted to take responsibility. We have moved elsewhere, ( and our happy with our New pool company.

Review has 2 previous versions
Colin from Uxbridge
Colin from Uxbridge
1 review Uxbridge, ON

Inground pool

I have and will continue to recommend Seaway to anyone looking to purchase a pool. After calling many companies Craig from Seaway was the first to call beck. He showed up on time, worked with us with what we asked, the price was exactly what we agreed (no surprises), and the work was completed ahead of schedule. Craig promised my kids that they would be swimming for the August long weekend and he delivered!

Thank you for the opportunity to build your pool! It was our pleasure to help you bring enjoyment and family time to your backyard. We hope that you enjoy the pool for many years to come.

Diana from Toronto
Diana from Toronto
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Pool opening

Do not use this company - stay far away! Completely unprofessional, do not return phone calls, emails and will bill you for work that is not completed. I made an appointment to open my pool and was provided with 2 men who did not know what they were doing. I was promised services that were not provided nor were the men informed of the services. They billed me the day they sent their men to open my pool. All they did was take the cover off and even with that my husband and I helped. We were charged $405 for a pool cover removal! No invoice was provided and no authorization was given to bill the credit card. We were left with a dirty pool and no mechanicals working. Absolute terrible customer service! Contacted the owner, who also doesn't respond!

It is disappointing to us that you feel this way about our service. Our servicemen spent extra time in your yard detailing the pools operation, a service not usually included in a regular opening. Leaves and debris were scooped from the pool and hot tub. All equipment was assembled and re-connected. The spa was rinsed and cleaned and chemicals were added to the pool. As mentioned to you in the telephone conversation with our owner, our men were at your property to open your pool, which was done to the best of our ability. When the call was booked there was no mention that parts were broken and needed to be replaced. It is our policy to charge the credit card given at the time of booking after the service is complete. The pool at this property was open end May 13th and the card was processes May 16th, three days after service was done.

More about Seaway Pools & Beachcomber Hot Tubs

Celebrating our 30th year of swimming pool design, construction and retail service. A fully trained technical service staff on hand for field or in house hot tub & pool service. An authorized Beachcomber Hot Tub dealer for over 19 years with a full line up of hot tubs on display ...
Looking for Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs pros in Markham?