Woodpecker Flooring Inc.

Toronto ON M3A 1V2
Woodpecker Flooring Inc.

Reviews for Woodpecker Flooring Inc.

SM
SM
2 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Engineered hardwood installation on main floor

Dragos was excellent to work with from start to finish. He is professional, courteous and knowledgeable. He pays attention to all details and the overall workmanship is exceptional.

There were a few other trades working at the same time on the larger renovation, Dragos was kind enough to adjust timing of the flooring installation to ensure the best end result was achieved.

I am very happy with the outcome and would highly recommend Woodpecker Flooring.

Thank you so much for your kind words ! It was a pleasure working with you !

amir.toronto
amir.toronto

Pre-Finished Hardwood Flooring Installation and Stair Capping (+Handrail refinishing)

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post on HOMESTARS. I normally don't have the time to post reviews - but Dragos asked me to do - and I couldn't say no given how how hard he worked to make sure that my floors and stairs turned out amazing.
I found Dragos (owner of Woodpecker Flooring) on Kijiji in 2016. I had him come out and quote me on a job. His price was competitive but timing didn't work as I needed the job done at a time which he had another commitment.
In August 2017 I needed a flooring guy again and remembered Dragos. He came to my property and after 3 visits we were able to nail down a competitive price for everything as well as a fair payment schedule (something that is very important when hiring any contractor you dont know well). This was a larger job so I was admittedly a little nervous about the $5000 deposit I had to pay up front.
Dragos took care of all of the flooring installation himself but also supervised the stair capping and railing re-finishing which was the work of his partner Daniel.
Together they did a great job. While Dragos's installation was fantastic what stood out the most to me was how clean was. At the end of each day Dragos meticulously cleaned-up after himself (something none of the other trades I have hired would ever ever do thoroughly).
Dragos was also open to changes to our contract/agreement (which was helpful when I had to cut back on some work - due to changes I made). And at the end of the job, there was some touch ups needed to the stairs - which Daniel came back and took care of for me.
I would definitely use Dragos (and Daniel) again, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to my friends and family.
Amir
(Downtown Toronto)
FYI - I have told Dragos that he can give my number as a reference to newbie clients. I am also happy to share pictures of the job Dragos and Daniel did for me.

Thank you, Amir for your kind words and for recommendation. I hope you an your family will enjoy your new home for many years to come.

Renee
Renee

Sand existing floors and refinish

We have old pine floors which needed to be sanded and stained. Floors were in really rough shape. Drago's did an incredible job sanding and staining. He is very meticulous about his work. The floors look great and we couldn't be happier. Would definitely recommend him to others.

Thank you, Renee. The floor was a really challenging job and I'm glad then you are happy with the final result. It was a pleasure working with you.

Donna
Donna

Oak Floor Refinishing

It was my lucky day when I found Dragosh's phone number and called him at Woodpecker Flooring. When he answered, I told him I had two small bedrooms covered in carpet (for over 20 years) with oak flooring underneath which I was anxious to have refinished. He told me he could drop by in a couple of hours to check out the job. He arrived, told me what he would do and even offered to take up the carpet. He priced the job well within my affordability and we agreed that he would come by in a few days. Dragosh came on the day that we agreed upon, at the time he said he would and took outstanding care to ensure that the path he needed to bring his equipment in, was well protected. Dragosh needed a few days to complete the job and each day, he was on time and worked non-stop on the floors. He is professional, extremely knowledgeable with a fantastic work ethic. He cleaned up after each work day and told me what he had done and what the next step would be. The final result? Amazing! Beautiful! Perfect! I am so happy that I finally have the floors I have wanted for many years. All visitors to my home have commented on how lovely and perfect they are. Many thanks to Dragosh. I would highly recommend Woodpecker Flooring should you have any hardwood floors you want refinished. The best!

Donna, thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you !

Chris in Toronto
Chris in Toronto

AMAZING JOB!!!!!!

Woodpeckers was recommended to us by a friend who was thrilled with their work. Once we met Dragos, we were instantly pleased with his professionalism, kindness and craftsmanship. His team went above and beyond for us and our floors look incredible!!! We will definitely use them again in the future and have already recommended the company to others! You will not be disappointed!!
- Chris and Kelly (July 2016)

Chris and Kelly, thank you very much for taking the time and writing the review. My team and I appreciate it very much!
I hope you enjoy your new house for many years !
Woodpecker Flooring Inc

Floor refinishing

Dragos did an excellent job refinishing original hardwood floors in my 50+ year old home. The floors and a staircase had been covered in carpeting for many decades. He paid extreme attention to detail and worked as cleanly as possible. He was very clear from the beginning of the project in explaining the various options have as good an outcome as possible.

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you !
Woodpecker Flooring Inc

More about Woodpecker Flooring Inc.

Welcome to Woodpecker Flooring Inc
Would you like to hire a company that doesn't rush? That's us. We take our time to be your trusted advisor on your desired outcome and then complete the work properly.
Call us to discuss what is possible.